Video: Fire destroys vehicle after phone or notebook exploded - extinguisher skills lacking too

webfact

Video: Fire destroys vehicle after phone or notebook exploded - extinguisher skills lacking too

10pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

A video on the Royal Thai Police TV site that went viral showed some locals trying to extinguish a blaze in a vehicle beside a road.

Either a phone or an electronic notebook left in the vehicle during the heat of the day is thought to have exploded causing the fire. 

Netizens were quick to point out the folly of this and criticize those trying to put out the blaze for not having a clue how to use a fire extinguisher.

One man in the video shouts: "It's too late now" as the whole vehicle goes up in smoke and flame. 

The video garnered 5,200 "likes" and 4,000 "shares" said Manager, who didn't say where this happened, just that it was yesterday. 

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-31

• Haha 1

The only mistake I saw was the first guy didn't test his extinguisher with a short blast before approaching and he approached on the wrong side. The other guys new exactly how to operate extinguishers.

Grumpy John is correct though - the fire was out of control at the start of the video.

18 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

The only mistake I saw was the first guy didn't test his extinguisher with a short blast before approaching and he approached on the wrong side. The other guys new exactly how to operate extinguishers.

Grumpy John is correct though - the fire was out of control at the start of the video.

Agreed... that fire was well out of control. 

The extinguishers were a good few mins too late, I don’t think there was much more they could have done. 

I don’t really see much to criticise about their use of extinguishers other than the risk they took with a car which may have an NGV tank (in which case, stand well back !)

At least someone at the scene realised that one bloke was unfamiliar with a fire extinguisher - at 0.20 seconds on the clip, somebody watching can be heard shouting what seems to be "what a <deleted>, what a <deleted>!!".