Emirates claims Bangkok flights are back

webfact

Emirates claims Bangkok flights are back

By Don Ross

1-8-600x337.jpg

BANGKOK, 31 August 2020: Emirates says it has all the permissions in place to operate flights to and from Thailand as of 1 September despite a contradictory post by the Royal Thai Consulate in Dubai.

The Thai consulate in Dubai posted an announcement on its website at the weekend that cast doubt on the 1 September resumption of flights from Dubai to Bangkok.

While not identifying the airline explicitly the statement quoted the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand saying no commercials flights were allowed to enter Thailand until further notice. Popular travel blogger Richard Barrow first posted the consulate’s statement on his Twitter account.

Full story: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/08/emirates-claims-bangkok-flights-are-back/

TTR_new.jpg

-- © Copyright TTR Weekly 2020-09-01

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, lkv said:

It's actually departed from Dubai, en route to Bkk ????

Screenshot_20200901-014009_Flightradar24.jpg

But are there any passengers onboard?

And have they all got their COE from the embassy?

Better hope its not a military contingent bypassing all the rules.

Edited by jojothai
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

If I'd have to trust UAE airline or Thai embassy, I'd choose the airline every time. Luckily I don't have to trust either.

But maybe Emirates does not know, how little they can trust Thai authorities. They will soon stop flying to BKK, when they recognise that their A380s are always empty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11:30 AM EK384
Dubai (DXB)
Emirates B77W (A6-ENL)

Landed 11:29 AM

This according to a certain website supplying this type of data.

And it went onwards a short while later.

So, the question remains: Did any passengers disembark? Who knows?

12:50 PM EK384
Hong Kong (HKG)
Emirates B77W (A6-ENL)

Departed 1:06 PM                                                                                                                                                                                 

8 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

But maybe Emirates does not know, how little they can trust Thai authorities. They will soon stop flying to BKK, when they recognise that their A380s are always empty.

Yeah I agree, that's how it would appear. The issue is whether the management of Emirates are dumb or they're just playing dumb.

This flight has been flying for the past few weeks, stopping at BKK enroute to HKG.  I suspect they have been carrying only HKG bound passengers on the outbound until now and they now have the systems in place to carry those bound for BKK.

KLM are doing it too with aircraft transit stopping at BKK and discharging passengers who have shown the required paperwork at check in to prove they can enter Thailand.

Seat map for tomorrow's flight doesn't look very busy in economy.

25 minutes ago, treetops said:

Where do you get that from?

If you get it from their website (choose a seat), that's not a reflection of the occupancy but of who checked in online already.

32 minutes ago, lkv said:

Where do you get that from?

If you get it from their website (choose a seat), that's not a reflection of the occupancy but of who checked in online already.

I get it from a seat alerts app, but in any case Emirates allocate all passengers seats around 48 to 72 hours prior to departure (or at least they did pre-covid) so this close in the seat map will give a fair indication.

on the thai embassy in dubai they wrote this 

Emirates Airline has been approved by the CAAT to operate commercial flights to Bangkok currently from the period of 1 September – 24 October 2020. However, the abovementioned commercial flights are operating only for “NON-THAI NATIONALS” in permitted types according to current Thai laws and regulations. Those who which to enter Thailand via these commercial flights should study the guided procedures in the infographic below.

On 9/2/2020 at 2:54 PM, treetops said:

EK does require a COVID-19 PCR test prior to boarding, so tomorrow's load may not be relevant?

Tests here take a couple of days, cost is 6,500 ish.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:21 PM, lkv said:

Not related to OLCI per se, but yes, some ticketed passengers may not yet have seat assignments. Once the airport (EK staff) takes local control, 24 - 48 hours, they assign seats.

Seats still for sale to BKK-DXB EK 385 departing ~ 14 hours so my guess that loads are light-ish?

I contacted Emirates Bangkok and they confirmed they are flying london to Bangkok october and november .

When i asked them if they were flying repatriation flights they said no,only scheduled flights.

They also confirmed the need for a covid test prior to departure.

Just to be sure this flight option works i e mailed the Thai embassy

today.....waiting for a reply ..tick tock????????

I contacted Emirates Bangkok and they confirmed they are flying london to Bangkok october and november .

When i asked them if they were flying repatriation flights they said no,only scheduled flights.

They also confirmed the need for a covid test prior to departure.

Just to be sure this flight option works i e mailed the Thai embassy

today.....waiting for a reply ..tick tock????????