Anyone Living In The Nakhorn Sawan Area?

RamdomChances

Just wondering if there are any other falangs living around this area.

I'm in the southern part of Nakhorn, 65 km to Nakhorn, 80 Lopburi, 45 Chinat, if any one knows the old US air force base at Takli i'm not far from there. Maybe if there we're a few of us we could arrange a get together some time.

Cheers

Are they really spelling it that way now (I know maps do)? Used to be Takhli. Lot of police stories on Thai TV cops program seem to be centered there these days. You live in city or near the klong/airbase? Last trip near there noticed four lanes to Chinat now so guess it is a developing area. Have not heard anyone saying they lived in that area but wish you luck.

If you are in Lopburi you probably drive past if you go to Chinat, i'm in Tak Fa about 25 km from Takli/Takhli, its about 45min to nakhorn and 1hr to Lopburi they are supposed to be doing the 4 lane all the way from Chinat to Lopburi.

Yes you are right not many falangs here, used to be a few in Chinat

Live in Bangkok but wife from Lopburi. Have not been through Tak Fa since they opened the Asia Highway toll road (Route 32) back (in 1970?) so don't remember it. Always enjoyed eating along the river in Chinat. Highway 1, if you don't know, used to be the primary road to Chiang Mai from Bangkok and in those days was two narrow lanes with no shoulder. When the "big reds" came at you side by side it was death or the klong.

Tak Fa is just off highway 11, this is still mostly a two lane, used heavily in the nights buy busses going up to Phichit and Phitsanulok, many times I've been driving back up in the night ot be confrounted by a large buss coming towards me in my lane, at least the hard shoulder is wider now!!

I like Chinat, and its only half hour, infact off there now.

Cheers

There was no highway 11 in those days and as memory comes back believe there was a large cement plant operation in that immediate area on the south side of highway 1.

Can you still drive across the dam south of Chinat? That used to be a good spot to relax; and in those days be alone.

Yea, you can still drive across the dam, but forget being alone, there's a market there, resteraunts, its pretty busy, its also The place to go for the local thais on songram, its hectic there then, and they have a stall there doing the best Roti's i've tasted.

Is this turning into a private chat room, never mind there's no one else here!!!