Five foreigners test positive in alternative state quarantine

webfact

Five foreigners test positive in alternative state quarantine

By The Nation

800_651691a5beb12b2.jpg?v=1598936136

There were five cases of Covid-19 in alternative state quarantine over a 24-hour period, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Tuesday (September 1).

It is 99 days without any domestic cases in Thailand since May.

All the new cases were asymptomatic.

Three female Filipino teachers aged 26, 28 and 37 arrived in Thailand on August 25 and tested positive the next day in Bangkok’s alternative state quarantine facility.

The other two cases were French nationals -- a three-year-old boy and a 15-year-old students, who had travelled with their family on August 29. They tested positive on the same day in Bangkok’s alternative state quarantine facility.

Meanwhile, 22 patients have been discharged after full recovery.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand stood at 3,417 (480 in state quarantine), of whom 85 are in hospital and 3,274 have recovered and been discharged. The death toll remains unchanged at 58.

According to Worldometer, as of 10 am the total number of confirmed cases globally increased to 25.6 million since the outbreak. Of them, 17.9 million have recovered, while over 854,591 have died so far.

Thailand ranks 121st for most cases in the world, while the US has the most number with 6.2 million, followed by Brazil 3.91 million, India 3.68 million, Russia 995,319 and Peru 652,037.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393827

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-01

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Is anyone surprised? France has reported a large increase int he infections and the Philippines is a disaster. They were all supposed to have been tested and certified as Covid19 free before entering thailand.

The Thai government  isolation measures are working. It is the one thing they are doing right.

How do you know when and where these people got positive ? Shortcuts are not good when it comes to analyse

59 minutes ago, alyx said:

One question springs to mind: is the test compulsory for every person entering the kingdom ?

It would be interesting to know...of course I am not asking about one's thought but one's knowledge

On my flight from Cambodia, the Thais did not require a COVID test. All the foreigners did. However, to get the test results, 100 of us were packed in a room together with no ventilation by the Cambodian Ministry of Public Health for 2 hours. If i caught it, that would have been the place.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

7 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

I don't understand how some of these people can afford to return as these are not high income jobs? The cheapest ASQ hotel is 37K and then the expensive covid insurance. Am I missing something?

That's what I'm thinking. Filipino teachers are low paid, just a little above Thai teacher salaries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, american2 said:

Maybe the testing of Tourists and others planning to travel outside their contries should change.

With the amount of discoveries made after arrival  Maybe  a test 2 weeks before  and then another prior to departure, then another after arrival.'

Now they have found Virus in Children’s noses are active for 21 days , 14 days is too Short

Bangkok’s alternative state quarantine facility.

Did they check that place? Is covid running around there?

Do they clean everyday, so the place is absolutely free of covid?

This covid thing is more and more becoming a game.

1 hour ago, Will2011 said:

Since when did we stop the entire world for just the flu?

Cigarette smoking kills about 480,000 people per year in the United States alone. I didn't hear anybody say we needed to stop the world because of that.

Bigger the lie, the easier it is for people to believe in it...

I Despise Flu Bots 

Active virus found in a child’s nose after three weeks sounds suspicious. Any link confirming that back?

This would imply they found a child with the virus, don’t know how long the child already had the virus, tested again after three weeks, and still had active contagious strain in their nose.

But I’m still curious about the two people that had been in Thailand over a month that tested positive while applying to travel outside of thailand. Thailand later claimed that it was only dead virus in the body and therefore the record still stands. How is thailand determining factor virus from kill virus?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jdlancaster said:

On my flight from Cambodia, the Thais did not require a COVID test. All the foreigners did. However, to get the test results, 100 of us were packed in a room together with no ventilation by the Cambodian Ministry of Public Health for 2 hours. If i caught it, that would have been the place.

I am referring to the persons in quarantine in Thailand.

Are they all tested during their stay ? 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Three female Filipino teachers aged 26, 28 and 37 arrived in Thailand on August 25 and tested positive the next day in Bangkok’s alternative state quarantine facility.

Philippines is experiencing a huge spike in Covid numbers yet Thailand is pushing the opportunities for them to come here and eventually enter schools to teach...

Lunacy !

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

What was interesting when i flew on the 15th August from the Philippines.

The person at the next check in counter was asked if she had the COE document,they showed her mine and she did not have however she somehow was on the flight.

Different rules for asians?

British friend of mine has been stuck in a middle east country since the lockdown in March. He's married and has kids in Thailand but can't get back due to this covid insurance requirement. I seriously doubt if the 3 Filipino teachers could afford the insurance, or if their school would be willing to pay the cost for them.

1 hour ago, TSF said:

British friend of mine has been stuck in a middle east country since the lockdown in March. He's married and has kids in Thailand but can't get back due to this covid insurance requirement. I seriously doubt if the 3 Filipino teachers could afford the insurance, or if their school would be willing to pay the cost for them.

Insurance is not the biggest issue, there are options covering 100.00usd in case of Covid19 infections for 15.000B/y. The expensive part is ASQ hotel, since the cheapest (30-40k)options tend to be full, you're forced to take those for +60k. And for the repatriation flights, have to

pay double price, since you'll only get a one way ticket for the price of a return.  

• Like 2