International Thai Post Electronics

damole

I am stuck outside of Thailand so I asked a Thai friend to post a few things to me in the UK which inlcude a 2.5" hard disk and the internal keyboard for my laptop.  She  told me that at the post officce they are saying you cannot send electronic items.  She told me that she tried to do this before for a Thai friend who moved to Australia and the package was returned.

I left these item in Chiang Mai as I expected to be back there on the way back to the UK but now that is not possible.

Has anyone heard of these restrictions?  Is there an alternative cost effective way to send them?

just check aliexpress , they have much spare parts for different labels ,amazing their spare parts  stock offer , and most Chinese keyboards are western ones , with backlight even .

I ordered last March a hybrid Chuwi laptop /tablet as in Thailand hopeless ...all is Thai signs , China different they produce for the World    (Trump don't like that …..) 5555

Thanks.

It's a custom built gaming laptop with an RGB backlit keyboard and already cost me £99 from the UK reseller so I don't really want to spend more on it.  I did order a couple of things from AliExpress last week and they are in the UK already with Royal Mail.  I also ordered a voltage detector from EBay, also from China, and that arrived in 10 days.  Pretty impressive in the current times.

My brother who was living in China until also gettting stuck back in the UK said he would sometimes use a local Chinese courier to get arouind this issue so I will check with Kerry and maybe others before going to DHL/FedEx.

Electronic items should be OK to ship, as long as they dont have batteries

attached, I just sent a mini PC to UK a couple of weeks ago,they asked about

batteries, I said it does not have any. arrived no problem.

regards worggeordie

• Like 1

A Thai friend called the post office and was told they will not ship electronics internationally.

I have checked DHL and it's 1900 THB for my 0.65 KG parcel, I am just wondering whether there are any cheaper options.