Check your lottery tickets! Udon woman conned into buying nine from the PREVIOUS draw!

webfact

Check your lottery tickets! Udon woman conned into buying nine from the PREVIOUS draw!

10pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

An Udon woman went to the Muang district police to say she was ripped off when buying lottery tickets for the September 1st draw.

Pawanrat, 42, said she had bought 20 tickets at a cost of 2,000 baht from a couple while attending a birthday party.

She had chosen the numbers 42, 24, 29 and 92. 

She admitted that she didn't check the tickets very closely but was shocked to find out later that nine of the tickets were worthless win or lose as they pertained to a previous draw. 

She said she had little hope of finding the miscreants and getting her money back but she wanted this to be a warning to others who play the lottery to check what they are buying. 

She said this had never happened to her before. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-03

• Haha 1

I have a question. in my home country, one chooses the numbers you want. Here, the numbers are pre-printed on the tickets. Is it possible for the winning numbers to be on an unsold ticket? If not, how are unsold numbers eliminated from the draw?

1 hour ago, pennine said:

I have a question. in my home country, one chooses the numbers you want. Here, the numbers are pre-printed on the tickets. Is it possible for the winning numbers to be on an unsold ticket? If not, how are unsold numbers eliminated from the draw?

Yes, it´s possible for the winning numbers to be on an unsold ticket.

21 minutes ago, stouricks said:

And it is possible for many many tickets to have the same number, as has been proved this week. 999997 with NINE winners?   Hmmmmmm.

Yes, but no hmmm needed! This is widely known in the Thai lottery. I think they have 20 or 25 of each number. It´s easy! More people can win. Just think about that they have only 6 digits on the lottery tickets. If they only had one of each number, it would only exist 1 million lottery ticket from the government lottery for a population of almost 70 million people.

9 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, but no hmmm needed! This is widely known in the Thai lottery. I think they have 20 or 25 of each number. It´s easy! More people can win. Just think about that they have only 6 digits on the lottery tickets. If they only had one of each number, it would only exist 1 million lottery ticket from the government lottery for a population of almost 70 million people.

The Hmmmmmm was for the Lottery Ticket Seller, who just happened to have TWO winning tickets with such an unusual combination. Was the winner 99+99+97 0r 999997.

Edited by stouricks
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it´s possible for the winning numbers to be on an unsold ticket.

....which the ticket seller keeps? Does he have to say exactly at what time any ticket is sold, or can it be 10 seconds after the draw has been made?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, stouricks said:

The Hmmmmmm was for the Lottery Ticket Seller, who just happened to have TWO winning tickets with such an unusual combination. Was the winner 99+99+97 0r 999997.

You do not need to worry about that either, and no hmmmmm.... needed. What are you trying to say?

You do know that the lottery vendors have to report the remaining numbers to the Lottery Inspection before the draw, right?

2 minutes ago, stouricks said:

....which the ticket seller keeps? Does he have to say exactly at what time any ticket is sold, or can it be 10 seconds after the draw has been made?

You better go write a book about conspiracy theories. After that you can stop being so yellows of the lucky winners. ???? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Matzzon said:

You do not need to worry about that either, and no hmmmmm.... needed. What are you trying to say?

You do know that the lottery vendors have to report the remaining numbers to the Lottery Inspection before the draw, right?

I am saying that it seems very suspicious that a ticket seller has 'bought' two winning tickets, whatever the number may be. But to me this is a bit iffy.

How do the many many vendors inform the Lottery Inspection people which tickets they have not sold, and how long is it between that information being received and the actual draw. I have seen people buying tickets one minute before.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, you have not!

So please tell me what is the cut-off time for BUYING tickets, and what time is the DRAW.

And as you seem to be an expert on the Thai Lottery, how does it really work, 6 numbers already printed on the tickets. Is EVERY combination included?

Edited by stouricks

14 hours ago, stouricks said:

So please tell me what is the cut-off time for BUYING tickets, and what time is the DRAW.

And as you seem to be an expert on the Thai Lottery, how does it really work, 6 numbers already printed on the tickets. Is EVERY combination included?

I guess that was a confirmation that you haven´t seen any people buying lottery tickets one minute before the draw, right.

First, if every combination is included or not is something we have never been talking about, and therefore irrelevant. However, one would assume that is the case, due to that they are using random system to draw the numbers. Actually a conclusion that lies on pre-school level that my 8 year old daughter would have passed with flying colors.

Now we are coming to the fun thing. The cut off time. It all starts with that the vendors start to report from 02.30 to before about 15 minutes before the draw. All remaining lottery tickets must be reported before the draw anyway. Otherwise the vendors have automatically accepted to buy and pay for the tickets.

Edited by Rimmer

10 hours ago, pennine said:

Same in my country you mark your own numbers, or you can have

what we call a (slick pic) where the computer pics your numbers.

But ones your numbers are drawn (televised on TV) you can't use

the same ticked again after that. And no one can sell tickets on the

street only in lottery agencies.

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I guess that was a confirmation that you haven´t seen any people buying lottery tickets one minute before the draw, right. Just something you spouted out to make a try to show off.

First, if every combination is included or not is something we have never been talking about, and therefore irrelevant. However, one would assume that is the case, due to that they are using random system to draw the numbers. Actually a conclusion that lies on pre-school level that my 8 year old daughter would have passed with flying colors.

Now we are coming to the fun thing. The cut off time. It all starts with that the vendors start to report from 02.30 to before about 15 minutes before the draw. All remaining lottery tickets must be reported before the draw anyway. Otherwise the vendors have automatically accepted to buy and pay for the tickets.

You must have a lot of shares in the so called lottery commission.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

You must have a lot of shares in the so called lottery commission.

Eeeh! Why would I? How could I possibly have that? What relevance does that have to the explanation?

According to you people that are trying to state that smoking is not as dangerous like many reports say, all have shares in the tobacco industry?

Do you understand how stupid that sounds?

• Haha 1