Alternate plan for returning to Scandinavia

EbhB

Seems I have no choice but setting up a plan B, which would be to return to Oslo or Stockholm less than a year after setting up here with a work permit and everything...

Qatar and Finnair do offer very good prices right now, and at some level I would trust both when it comes to cancellations - even though Qatar basically stole my previous return ticket. Also I am on gold level with them, could well be valuable if I have to return.

Does anyone know if there is any testing required simply for returning? (Not worrying about the other end, thinking of Thailand or transit hubs).

Could that be added on soon, if the global panic goes on? Personally I will avoid this if at all possible. (No, I won't discuss that stance on its own).

Worst case I might even choose to do an overstay for a few days - something I'd never, ever even contemplate before all of this. Any opinions on how this could turn out if/when everything slides into pure chaos around the 26th? 

Maybe even avoiding the worst commotion could be the best choice...

Another thing I could do is to hold on to the work permit, that could perhaps be of good help even when exiting under these conditions?

I do have an application in for a new non-B visa that might go through soon, and might even start a completely new process next week if not - that is cutting it really short, but circumstances might dictate this...

Few my friend's have fligt to Helsinki last month. They not face any test in Suvarnabhumi(only fever). And also nothing extra test in local flight! Im going to flight Finland this month. Don't know when goming back, already say wife sometimes next year hopefully! Yeah flight price is ok, 17 to 19k bth from BKK to Helsinki. 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

Few my friend's have fligt to Helsinki last month. They not face any test in Suvarnabhumi(only fever). And also nothing extra test in local flight! Im going to flight Finland this month. Don't know when goming back, already say wife sometimes next year hopefully!

Thanks, that is VERY helpful! ????

If I have to return I fear that I might have to stay in Europe for 1-2 years...

Right now a tiny cabin in the wilderness sounds great if I have to leave family & my company behind, maybe even by one of your thousand lakes! ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EbhB said:

Thanks, that is VERY helpful! ????

If I have to return I fear that I might have to stay in Europe for 1-2 years...

Right now a tiny cabin in the wilderness sounds great if I have to leave family & my company behind, maybe even by one of your thousand lakes! ????

Nothing test or even quarantine in Finland if coming from Thailand. Good they believe Thailand records about covid lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Nothing test or even quarantine in Finland if coming from Thailand. Good they believe Thailand records about covid lol

Once I decided that ALL "information" about almost anything is pure fakery things started turning around with most things... ????

And yeah, I used to believe MOST was fake for years haha!

That being said there is something bad out there, seen several people with a really horrible cough... Perhaps a handful, also briefly ended up in an elevator with one of them...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, EbhB said:

Right now a tiny cabin in the wilderness sounds great

Love that idea ???? sadly summer is over but many times autumn is really nice also! Straight from sauna to lake, cook bbq outside whit friend's and take little Koskenkorva LOL. Even have moscito, can't get dengue or other sht from bite ????

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, EbhB said:

Yeah...!

Then working a bit online with cryptos & related stuff... ????

Personally I've spent this period learning, getting into better shape & preparing to FIGHT to keep my own, personal freedom!

Money is freedom YEAH! lol

• Like 1