Inspector Barnaby

swissie

As it is not possible to start new threads in "What movies or TV shows are you watching", I try here.
----------------------------------------
Recently, a major German TV Station started to run Episodes of "Inspector Barnaby". How delightful !!!
Reminds me of the time when us continental youngsters used to cruise around in the British "Midlands". We avoided big cities, as we were afraid that our meager budget would not take us far in Big Cities. But what a glorious time we had in the English "Backwaters", some 47 years ago.
Looking at the rural surroundings, where Inspector Barnaby chases criminals, reminds me a lot of the "Midlands" of yesteryear when I used to wear a younger man's clothes as a pennyless tourist.
The architecture, the landscape, the "Britishness" seems not to have changed much. Especially not, if John Nettles is cast as Inspector Barnaby.
But then, maybe the series are purposely displayed as the "Midlands" of yesterday.
Would like to find out for myself, especially as I would not need to travel as a pennyless young pauper this time around.
But currently Boris is making it hard for me to set foot on British soil

Despite being in the U.S. I did see some episodes of Inspector Barnaby which I enjoyed.  Also liked Rumpole of the Bailey, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin and Fawlty Towers.  To the Manor Born had it's moments.  They all beat the heck out of American pap at the time. 

My thai girlfriend loves this show when in Australia known as Midsomer Murders. She records lots of episodes and watches when I am at work. Some say it's a bit racist as it's rare to have a black person or say a muslim make an appearance. But there is something charming about it and I'm not sure how diverse areas like that are in real life. Like most of these shows the solutions to the murders are often not that thought provoking or imaginative but it is a bit of fun.