Thailand allows resumption of inflight services on domestic routes

webfact

Thailand allows resumption of inflight services on domestic routes

TAT Newsroom

TAT.jpg

Khun Sathan National Park, Nan (File Photo)

Bangkok, 4 September, 2020 – The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has announced guidelines on resumption of inflight services on domestic routes, as part of the its relaxation measures implemented to curb the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).

As of 3 September, 2020, airlines operating domestic flights in Thailand are now allowed to resume their inflight food and beverage services as well as onboard sales. These activities, however, must adhere to the rules and regulations or measures on disease prevention as stipulated by the relevant authorities.

Meanwhile, all domestic flight passengers are required to wear a surgical or cloth mask at all times, except when eating or drinking.

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2020/09/thailand-allows-resumption-of-inflight-services-on-domestic-routes/

4ccdac0057e1b125817854c2d637d854.png

4 hours ago, VBF said:

Exactly!!!!!

It's as stupid as the UK law where if I go into a restaurant, sit down and eat, I don't need a mask, but go into the same restaurant and order a takeaway I do need a mask!

And people wonder why the rules are slowly being ignored!

Not only in the UK many things are incomprehensible, also in Germany.

I was with my TH wife this week in a small local hairdressing salon to get us both 'treated' - alone without other customers.

3 empty chairs in a row, approx. distance each. 1 meter apart. 

We had to sit on the two outer chairs to keep the legal minimum distance.

When I pointed out that we are married and have lived together for more than 10 years, the answer came:
Ok, but if someone from the outside sees this and reports it, I get problems.

Brave new world.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, upena said:

If I don't need a mask when eating or drinking, why do I need one at all?

You're not eating or drinking all the time so this reduces (not eliminates) the chance of you spreading the disease.  Lots of small reductions pave the way to making it manageable.

At least that's the theory. Whether it's needed or anything is another debate, but the logic in the scenario you describe is valid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, treetops said:

You're not eating or drinking all the time so this reduces (not eliminates) the chance of you spreading the disease.  Lots of small reductions pave the way to making it manageable.

At least that's the theory. Whether it's needed or anything is another debate, but the logic in the scenario you describe is valid.

Once again illustrating the difference between "The letter of the law" and "The spirit of the law".

• Like 1