Switch off your 4K TV, Samsung reveals a new way to watch on the big screen

snoop1130

Switch off your 4K TV, Samsung reveals a new way to watch on the big screen

By DAVID SNELLING

ljkui.PNG

Samsung The Premier TV (Image: SAMSUNG)

It's no secret that Samsung makes some of the best 4K and 8K TVs money can buy.

This year alone, the firm has launched the Sero, which can rotate to mimic your smartphone screen, the Serif, which disguises itself as a painting on the wall whenever you're not watching, and the all-new 8K models, which include a stunning bezel-free design.

However, the Korean firm has something new up its sleeve – a completely new way of bingeing on boxsets and it means some customers may decide they no longer need a giant TV taking up real estate in their living rooms or on the walls.

Called The Premier, this new 4K Ultra Short Throw laser projector can beam stunning footage straight onto any wall in your home with Samsung even claiming that it's capable of producing an image that is HDR10+ certified.

Full Story: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1330721/Samsung-4K-8K-TV-new-Premier-projector-television

Yeah, I follow these new developments with interest, mostly I tend to update my technology every 5 years or so, when the cutting edge stuff becomes mundane, and significantly cheaper. I'll tell you something interesting, my TV has a line connection to the local internet shop, yeah a bloody wire, it's not even a telephone wire, just a wire between me and them. Now how dated is that? The last time I had a line connection was sometime back in the 2000s, in the UK. It's 300bt a month though, so I can't complain.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

can beam stunning footage straight onto any wall in your home

As usual, a misleading statement to lure in the punters. Yes, it will project an image onto any wall but only on walls with a suitable surface and color will provide a viewable picture. Try it on an a brick built wall with mortar joints.

On 9/4/2020 at 7:28 PM, DrTuner said:

Projectors are only as good as the surface they project to and the surrounding lighting conditions. Unless you have a dedicated home theater, amoled wins.

Exactly...and what they don’t tell you is that You need a special ultra short throw screen and that a high quality one will cost far more than the projector.

A74DC23D-27EB-43C3-B5E6-F49DCB083FCD.png

Edited by Airalee
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Airalee said:

Exactly...and what they don’t tell you is that You need a special ultra short throw screen and that a high quality one will cost far more than the projector.

A74DC23D-27EB-43C3-B5E6-F49DCB083FCD.png

Hisense one includes the screen, 100" or so, and cost upwards of 1 million baht last I saw it at PowerBuy Central World... that was before they redecorated the whole place. Not sure it's still there or how much it costs. Xiaomi on the other hand comes without screen at about 50-60k baht.

57 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Hisense one includes the screen, 100" or so, and cost upwards of 1 million baht last I saw it at PowerBuy Central World... that was before they redecorated the whole place. Not sure it's still there or how much it costs. Xiaomi on the other hand comes without screen at about 50-60k baht.

I was looking into getting the Xiaomi Mijia 4k ultra short throw projector at the same prices you quote.  When I looked into the screen prices I decided instead to buy a 4k lcd tv instead.  I think that as all new tv tech goes, it’s best to wait until prices come down.  I’m ok with that.