90 day extension of stay

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Medical treatment, attending a informal school and volunteering are the only 90 day extension that may be possible.

Ubonjoe:

When does the 90 day permission to stay start?  On Sept. 26th or the day the visa is processed by immigration?

If they start counting on the day immigration stamps your passport, then when is the last day you can apply for extensions through agents?

17 minutes ago, ouagadougou said:

Ubonjoe:

When does the 90 day permission to stay start?  On Sept. 26th or the day the visa is processed by immigration?

If they start counting on the day immigration stamps your passport, then when is the last day you can apply for extensions through agents?

I know you didn’t ask me, but the agent I spoke to today said they won’t even submit the application till 24th so you get the full 90 days after amnesty 

6 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I know you didn’t ask me, but the agent I spoke to today said they won’t even submit the application till 24th so you get the full 90 days after amnesty 

Doesn't really make sense, you're supposed to submit 2 weeks before your POS expires for them to check everything and then the stamp starts once you go back to the IO after that under consideration period, right @ubonjoe?

So, hypothetically, If you submitted now and went back in 2 weeks, 20th, the stamp would start from then. But they just yesterday re-posted the info-graphic saying ALL extension start from Sept 27th.

59 minutes ago, ouagadougou said:

I don't think you will be applying for a visa.

A extension of stay normally starts on the day you current permit to stay ends which in your case would be the 26th.

35 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Doesn't really make sense, you're supposed to submit 2 weeks before your POS expires for them to check everything and then the stamp starts once you go back to the IO after that under consideration period, right @ubonjoe?

You are confusing a non immigrant visa application with a extension of stay application.

A extension can be applied for up to the day your permit to stay expires and will start on that day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You are confusing a non immigrant visa application with a extension of stay application.

A extension can be applied for up to the day your permit to stay expires and will start on that day.

Any advice of what to do if Non-B and Work Permit expire the first week of October? TIA.

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Any advice of what to do if Non-B and Work Permit expire the first week of October?

Are you losing your job then?

If yes your only choices are to leave the country or apply for a 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy if the ministerial order (AKA amnesty)  is not extended again. 

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Are you losing your job then?

If yes your only choices are to leave the country or apply for a 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy if the ministerial order (AKA amnesty)  is not extended again. 

Job no longer available due to COVID-19 downturn. This country's embassy not giving out letters. No other options, official or unofficial?

P.S. in case someone else jumps on this, not actually asking for myself.

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

This country's embassy not giving out letters. No other options, official or unofficial?

Immigration might do the 30 day extension if your embassy is not doing them. Are you sure they are not doing them?

What would happen if a ME Visa holder turns up at a border after they open them do do their 90 day and why didn't they just allow them do use a local office while borders are closed or is that just to logical for them to understand ?

Edited by keith101

47 minutes ago, keith101 said:

What would happen if a ME Visa holder turns up at a border after they open them do do their 90 day and why didn't they just allow them do use a local office while borders are closed or is that just to logical for them to understand ?

Any time you turn up at a border crossing, they will check two things:

1. whether you are currently in compliance with Thai immigration rules (especially, are you on overstay); and
  2. do you satisfy the conditions for entry into the country on the other side of the border?

If you then subsequently attempt to reenter Thailand, they will check whether you meet the requirements for entry. Whether you previously held valid visas will not be a relevant factor in whether you will be allowed to enter. Whether you own condos in Thailand will not be a relevant factor.

I know you are upset that living in Thailand by using visit visas is no longer a viable option, but the immigration official at the border, even if he wants to help you, has no power to change Thailand's immigration laws.

• Like 1