hellohello

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

1. Get the money

2. Get a "Bill of Sale"

3. Let the buyer figure out what the need from you

1. Let the buyer figure out what the need from you

2. Get a "Bill of Sale"

3. Get the money

this looks more the way I would say , unless it is a foolish buyer ???? and seller call's your #1 option "giving a deposit .....

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, david555 said:

1. Let the buyer figure out what the need from you

2. Get a "Bill of Sale"

3. Get the money

this looks more the way I would say , unless it is a foolish buyer ???? and seller call's your #1 option "giving a deposit .....

Personally, I would rather get the money before I put any additional effort into a sale. I can always give the money back if the deal goes south. I have no interest in putting time and effort into providing documentation or whatnot for someone that might buy my car. 

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Personally, I would rather get the money before I put any additional effort into a sale. I can always give the money back if the deal goes south. I have no interest in putting time and effort into providing documentation or whatnot for someone that might buy my car. 

Understandable , depending how eager to sell , to accept the normal procedure , as that is the one I would demand as a buyer or accept as a seller , as it could be the doc. or the seller has no address certificate ....  so many things can go wrong in Thailand demands ......

Like someone with a expired visa can normally not sell his car (of course  professional car sellers can find a way around , but not private persons 

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Understandable , depending how eager to sell , to accept the normal procedure , as that is the one I would demand as a buyer or accept as a seller , as it could be the doc. or the seller has no address certificate ....  so many things can go wrong in Thailand demands ......

Like someone with a expired visa can normally not sell his car (of course  professional car sellers can find a way around , but not private persons 

It has nothing to do with how eager I am to sell, and nothing to do with buying. Were I eager to sell, I would be much more likely to jump through a few hoops.

Were I buying, I would want everything I need from the buyer I BEFORE I payed the money. 

It has been my experience that a buyer is much more motivated after the money changes hand, the sell is more motivated before the money changes hands. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It has nothing to do with how eager I am to sell, and nothing to do with buying. Were I eager to sell, I would be much more likely to jump through a few hoops.

Were I buying, I would want everything I need from the buyer I BEFORE I payed the money. 

It has been my experience that a buyer is much more motivated after the money changes hand, the sell is more motivated before the money changes hands. 

Totally agreed , first papers doc. and then the money  exceptional a deposit could be on the table ,depending the situation 

5 minutes ago, keithcresswell said:

I had to get a residence letter in Pattaya to give my motorbike to my gf.

Well at least in Pattaya its  quick, easy and cheap to get the letter...ok it should be free but 300 baht and you get it your  hand in   30 minutes compared to 2 weeks in the post at other places (if it ever arrives)

12 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

That's a bit of a broad generalization, isn't it?

You are in a land where winding back odometers on used vehicles is a national sport, and many Thais are so indebted on their vehicles they don't think twice about skipping scheduled maintenance. If you don't understand that, prepare to be scammed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You are in a land where winding back odometers on used vehicles is a national sport, and many Thais are so indebted on their vehicles they don't think twice about skipping scheduled maintenance. If you don't understand that, prepare to be scammed.

I don't think you can wind back digital odometers, you'd need to buy a new console.

As for scheduled maintenance, I've never bothered, didn't ever seem to reduce the engine life.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think you can wind back digital odometers, you'd need to buy a new console.

As for scheduled maintenance, I've never bothered, didn't ever seem to reduce the engine life.

As you seem to favor the bicycle, how would you know?

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

But if the car is still under warranty and they missed a scheduled service then your warranty is null and void !!. Some warranty's are 5 years.

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

One thing i know for certain the buyer will need copies of passport and visa page, no current visa no name change, i stupidly left it to long one time, had to wait till the original owner came back again.

Live and learn. With most anything involving the government, it rarely gets easier as time goes by....

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The scheduled service costs often exceed the value of any repairs.

Only if you are planning on replacing the vehicle every few years. Most vehicles will operate with virtually no service at least through the warranty.

At the dealerships, the Fortuner costs about B3K to service and the DMax about B1.2K. Not that much in the scheme of things  

In my experience, Toyota does always seem to try and upsell a bunch of useless <deleted> but Isuzu does not.