90 day reporting window

I went and did my parent of a child extension a couple of months back. The day I have to pick up my completed visa is 20th September. However my 90 day report is due 11th September and I am sure the IO told me just do the report when I return on the 20th to pick up my new stamp.

Now I was under the impression you have 3 weeks before and 1 week after your 90 days date to report. So if my report date is the 11th, and I go on the 20th I am technically over the 7 days, or do I have something wrong?

I have not been keeping up with things. My last 2 reports I did online which is weird because before that I hadn't been able to do an online report for 2 years.The last one I did was approved instantly. I tried to do online this morning and get right to the end and it comes up with a box asking for a work permit which of course is not applicable to me? There was some sort of pop up window about Thai post...but of course TIT and it was written in Thai so I couldn't read what the pop up window was about. Is there some amnesty with 90 day reports or has anything changed? How long after your date can you report?

Edited by Kenny202

17 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

my 90 day report is due 11th September

Latest report date due to the rules is Thursday Sep 17.

That's all I can tell.

Why the IO told you Sep 20 is OK? No idea.

And Sep 20 is a Sunday?

Something wrong here.

You can do a 90 day report in person up to 15 days before or 7 days after report date including that day in the count.

Maybe the officer was suggesting you go in early to get you one year extension stamp and do the report at the same time.

I have never heard of the online 90 day reporting system asking for a work permit. Perhaps you ticked a wrong box some place. I suggest you try doing it again.

You are right, 20th is a Sunday but surprised I am not. She probably didn't even check. When I went to have my visa transferred to my new passport a year ago they made a total bolox of it, wrong dates, even the wrong type of visa extension. Then she used white out to delete the whole thing and put a new stamp over the top of it, and proceeded to make more mistakes. I have since had them cross it out and start new but gonna be fun if I need to travel. Probably get questioned by Thai immigration on the way back in lol.

I just asked the missus if we were told to do the report the same time we pick up the visa stamp and she said the IO said there was an amnesty because of covid so never mind about the 90 day report. We went initially on the 16th of July and I believe everything changed end of July? Normally when collecting the child visa stamp in the past strictly on the date they state. Hmmm will have to call tomorrow and ask them ho hum.

6 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

You are right, 20th is a Sunday but surprised I am not.

They don't always check the calendar when doing the under consideration stamps. I have had my report back date fall on a weekend more than once. You can go in early if you want to. Most of the time they are approved long before the report back date.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do a 90 day report in person up to 15 days before or 7 days after report date including that day in the count.

Maybe the officer was suggesting you go in early to get you one year extension stamp and do the report at the same time.

I have never heard of the online 90 day reporting system asking for a work permit. Perhaps you ticked a wrong box some place. I suggest you try doing it again.

I must say that i am still totally confused about what is going to happen about my ME visa and not being able to do their requirements of exiting and entering due to closed borders after getting my visa in January this year do i need to apply for a new visa or what ?

2 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I must say that i am still totally confused about what is going to happen about my ME visa and not being able to do their requirements of exiting and entering due to closed borders after getting my visa in January this year do i need to apply for a new visa or what ?

If the ministerial order (aka amnesty) is not extended beyond the 26th of this month you will have to apply for a extension of stay of some kind.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

If the ministerial order (aka amnesty) is not extended beyond the 26th of this month you will have to apply for a extension of stay of some kind.

Already used my 60 day before amnesty , been in and asked if they could possibly help giving another and they said no and told me to get a letter from my Embassy to which they said no to my circumstances . 

17 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Already used my 60 day before amnesty , been in and asked if they could possibly help giving another and they said no and told me to get a letter from my Embassy to which they said no to my circumstances . 

Some immigration offices have already issued another 60 day extension. The only one per entry can be easily waived by immigration under this in the immigration order for extensions.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

It seems your embassy is just being difficult like a few others.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

tried it several times and coming up with a contact immigration at the end and when I escape out of that it is showing a box for work permit info. I ticked Non Imm and left special services un ticked. I always do it exactly the same, even have screenshots of address etc. I just tried downloading Mozilla (instead of using Chrome) and same thing. I have used online reporting before with the same passport. Address etc hasn't changed. 

When you go into the website and select English...you are greeted with a pop up advertisement! lol. On a govt website. Albeit for Thai post but its in Thai 5555. I mean we are all used to that I am guessing even on large Websites here they have English up until you get to the point of check out etc. Guess as usual they didn't check their work lol. So I wasn't sure if it was something to suggest you do a postal report or what. Only after getting my missus to translate it did I realize there was a tiny little X at the bottom of the screen to close it.  

Just to follow up.....called immigration this morning. They said never mind about the 90 day report. Amnesty until 26th. As far as picking up the visa stamp before the 20th (Sunday), no go and in any case it hasn't came back approved yet. She said come on the 21st Monday and it should be there for sure.

I am wondering though. This is the 4th parent visa I have done and every time they come back to me with at least 3 random requests for more information, over and above what is required or stuff they had forgotten. There are quite a few steps and requirements for this visa and always strikes me as odd (well if it wasn't Thailand it would be odd) that they don't have a check list of some kind to check all requirements are fulfilled. This time nothing after I lodged it. One example pages of every single page in my passport. However this could be because they messed up my second visa stamp so badly, they used white out to delete it all (unbelievable). Put the wrong arrival and stay until dates. Something else I can not remember. So then they redid it all again over the top of the white out ...but put it as a Retirement visa.

I didn't notice until I got back home, went back the next day. It was my fault apparently because I should have checked before I left lol. Then they crossed out the entire whited out page with a red pen, and did a new one. It probably looks suspicious 5555. I can only imagine the trouble I will have if I ever leave and come back again or return home. probably end up in an interrogation room being whipped with rangoon canes 

Edited by Kenny202