GPO Finds Good Effects of Medicinal Cannabis

snoop1130

Is the sale of CBD lotion/ointment/oil/balm available to the public? If so, where? If not, how does one go about obtaining some? I bought some last year in the US and it helped with arthritis pain in my 70 year old joints. But, I didn't bring it to Thailand because I wasn't sure if it was legal to bring it in-even though the store where I bought it said there was no THC or narcotic in the lotion.

• Like 1

Unlike the West, CDB products are only available for a very, very narrow range of ailments.  My guess is the Thai corporations like GPO want to bust into the international market ฿฿฿ Cha-Ching ฿฿฿.  These product are not for domestic consumption as the politicians and 'lawmakers' are loathe to allow the Thai public easy access to even CBD without any THC content.  Yeah.  Anutin talks a good sales pitch, but talk is just wind.

• Confused 1

On 9/8/2020 at 11:20 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

and still you cannot import CBD from companies that have been making quality products since years...

Wrong – I import from China and have no problems buying through a AliExpress????????????????????

22 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I found some good effects with non medical cannabis.

Yah Mon! Fer sure Brah.????Ya dee. 

Actually it has been considered 'medical' centuries before the establishment co-opted the term. 

I've been 'researching' it for so long I should have an honorary M.D. by now. 

• Haha 2

On 9/8/2020 at 1:30 PM, jmccarty said:

CBD and THC oils are now legal in Thailand by prescription.

3 hours ago, bronzedude said:

How can I get a prescription for CBD

I got a prescription from a doctor.....easy and only 200 Baht. Went to the local hospital that recently opend a new section for medical marihuana. Doctor in the hospital said: For Thai people only

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

I was a regular Farmer John before I left Colorado where it's legal to grow. Kolas the size of my arm. 

Here it's all about legalities and penalties. Maybe that will change before too long. 

I don't gamble what I can't afford to lose. 

So... u didnt grow in CO before legalization? <deleted> was wrong with u?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

The "GPO THC" oil from the GPO is only 1.2% THC according to the lab test certificate and the THC content does not register at all with my home testing kit (which only gives a rough estimate). IMO useless to treat cancer. Better to make your own oil from plant material -- easy to do.

You mean you don't get high enough?

THC doesn't cure cancer at all, and 1.2% is pretty much, as I think in the US 0.3% is the maximum THC content in CBD oil.

By the way, the only claims that Cannabis cures cancer are made by potheads, but so far there is no evidence at all.

3 hours ago, mikebike said:

So... u didnt grow in CO before legalization? <deleted> was wrong with u?

Well....... I would not have been forced out of the country leaving my home and wife behind permanently. 

But let's just say that I didn't learn my horticultural skills overnight. 

Additionally that's classified information and it's above your clearance level. Buy me a few beers and that could change. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Yah Mon! Fer sure Brah.????Ya dee. 

Actually it has been considered 'medical' centuries before the establishment co-opted the term. 

I've been 'researching' it for so long I should have an honorary M.D. by now. 

I honoured myself with a Doctorate degree in cultivation about thirty years ago after growing a five meter plant with dried cola as thick as my fore arm from the crown cola absolutely massive.Had to cut the plant in half to carry it back for  trimming and drying.

20 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I honoured myself with a Doctorate degree in cultivation about thirty years ago after growing a five meter plant with dried cola as thick as my fore arm from the crown cola absolutely massive.Had to cut the plant in half to carry it back for  trimming and drying.

Indeed, the crown cola can be huge, weighing in by kilos even dry. I got to the point that the larger colas were all I bothered to harvest & cure. 

In Colorado one is allowed to keep indefinitely an unlimited amount of what one grows for private use as well as 'gifting' it to others. Obviously the black market collapsed quickly. It's been legal for many years now in Colorado and the dreaded potcopalypse never happened. 

I always smiled as I threw the many pounds of leaves in the compost pile remembering the late 60's when we would pay $10 for an ounce of such. It's all about flowers baby! 

17 hours ago, connda said:

But, but, but - ya'll said we could grow 6 plants!!!
"No. No yet farang.  20 years hard-time for you!"

Actually as I understand it Thai are still not allowed to grow for private use. I even started a post in TVF medical forum asking about status of this news and got zero replies. 

If anybody knows the actual status please share.