Heavy rains collapses road to Tri Trang Beach

webfact

Heavy rains collapses road to Tri Trang Beach

By The Phuket News

1599534115_1-org.jpg

The large section of the road from Patong to Tri Trang Beach collapsed early this morning (Sept 8). Photo: Patong Municipality Fire Department

PHUKET: Patong Police are urging motorists to exercise caution while driving along the road from Patong to Tri Trang Beach after a large section of the road collapsed early this morning (Sept 8).

Patong Traffic Police reported that they were informed of the road collapse along Meun Ngern Rd at about 6am.

About 100 metres of the road has been affected, with half the road washed away. Police heavy rains overnight prompted the road collapse.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/heavy-rains-collapses-road-to-tri-trang-beach-77239.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-09-08

I won’t be heading to the southern(ish) end of the island for another week or so but... could someone please advise if this road collapse is before the private beach (the beach where the owner was ordered to pull down a few buildings some time ago) or after?
The reason for asking is that I’m guessing the time for repairing the road will depend on whether the collapse is before (quickly) or after (not so quickly) ????????

1 hour ago, bloodyholly said:

I won’t be heading to the southern(ish) end of the island for another week or so but... could someone please advise if this road collapse is before the private beach (the beach where the owner was ordered to pull down a few buildings some time ago) or after?
The reason for asking is that I’m guessing the time for repairing the road will depend on whether the collapse is before (quickly) or after (not so quickly) ????????

Before. You still can pass as i did today 4 times. There is one lane left. How long? Looking at the cracks maybe next rain because they left it today and put no supporting elements.

Ohh i love that living on the edge feeling. Thats why i moved here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, schlog said:

Before. You still can pass as i did today 4 times. There is one lane left. How long? Looking at the cracks maybe next rain because they left it today and put no supporting elements.

Ohh i love that living on the edge feeling. Thats why i moved here.

What about all that land remodelling on the other side of the road. I commented to my wife yesterday that the steep bank with large boulders was ready to collapse in heavy rain. I suspect that what contributed to the road collapse.   

57 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

What about all that land remodelling on the other side of the road. I commented to my wife yesterday that the steep bank with large boulders was ready to collapse in heavy rain. I suspect that what contributed to the road collapse.   

I suspect that too. The ticking point was when they cracked boulders the last 2 days. Then cracks on the tarmac showed up. Since yesterday it was clear to see how this will end.

Passing by i always keep looking at that large boulders. Scary remodelling since weeks. They sold that land end last year but i'm not sure whats the plan of the new owner. Condo or hotel i guess.

• Like 1

Since today they opened now a dirt track alternative lane going downhill. Only about 100 meter but some wheel ruts are 10-15 centimeter deep. Guy with his minibus infront of me lost his front spoiler. Lambo drivers better not come up. Pick up and suv no problem. Nostalgic dirt track feeling in patong 555.

• Like 1