Non-O Multi Entry

Hey everyone ???? 

I'm sure a load of us on the Non-O (based on marriage) multi entry, are in a similar situation.
My visa expires Feb 2021 but under this amnesty it's looking like I'll have to leave 26th September.

Looking for advice and wondering if it's possible to change to a Non-O 'single' entry visa, in Thailand or would I have to go back to the UK? I wouldn't have the ฿400k, but I've read you can show ฿40k coming into your Thai bank account for the past 2 months, is this correct for a Non-O 'single' entry based on marriage? 

Any help, as always highly appreciated ????

Edited by rani

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change to a single entry non-o visa in the country and there is no reason to do it.

You could could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. 

It is written in the rules that is is possible to apply for the extension with only 2 months of transfers from abroad but most offices will insist you need 12 months of transfers.

Have you applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife?

Thanks for your reply. 

I've tried to apply for a 1 year extension before, but the immigration officer said I could only do it if I had a non-o single entry not a multi entry. With the bank transfers I would say I would have 2 years of monthly transfers. 

No I've not applied for a 60 day extension. So there's a 1 year and a 60 day extension? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rani said:

I've read you can show ฿40k coming into your Thai bank account for the past 2 months,

Most IO insist on a financial document from your embassy, if they supply them (they know which embassies do).

To get this from some embassies you need to show 6 months of payments and an official letter-headed letter from a company in your home country specifying your job and salary etc.

It's not as simple as just giving the IO a Thai bank book showing overseas transfers to you bank account for a few months.  

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Like 1

If getting a 12 month extension based on being a parent of a Thai child, I believe the 400,000 baht only has to be in your account for one day, and not 2 months like for a marriage extension.

Is there also a difference if using the monthly foreign income route, or is it the exact same as applying for an extension based on marriage? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rani said:

Thanks @ubonjoe and @fishtank ????

If I do/they except a 1 year extension application, as I'm on a Multi entry I guess that means I'll still need to border bounce every 90 days? 

Just be aware that with your annual extension if when things change re borders you will need to purchase a reentry permit to keep your permission of stay "alive" if you need/wish to exit Thailand and reenter.

• Like 1

With regards to the financials, transferring via TransferWise over ฿40k per month for the past couple of years. Getting a bank statement / updating my book bank will this be enough or do you need to have it approved by an embassy? 

12 minutes ago, rani said:

With regards to the financials, transferring via TransferWise over ฿40k per month for the past couple of years. Getting a bank statement / updating my book bank will this be enough or do you need to have it approved by an embassy? 

Contact your embassy. 

But they will likely have the info on their website under the section for their services.

If there is a financial cert for immigration listed, you'll need that for immigration. It should also state what is required. ie, your home country company providing an official letter stating your salary and position. 

What are the different financial requirements wrt 12 month extensions based on marriage, and being a parent?

wrt to lump sum, and monthly income from overseas?

I believe that

Marriage: Lump sum of 400,000 for 2 months.

Parent: Lump sum of 400,000 for 1 day.

Monthly income from overseas: No difference.

Is that correct? 

58 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

What are the different financial requirements wrt 12 month extensions based on marriage, and being a parent?

wrt to lump sum, and monthly income from overseas?

I believe that

Marriage: Lump sum of 400,000 for 2 months.

Parent: Lump sum of 400,000 for 1 day.

Monthly income from overseas: No difference.

Is that correct? 

For marriage, does the 400k seasoned for 2 mo have to show as a transfer from overseas or can the wife here just transfer it in to season from her account here?  Have 6 days left on Quarantine with the same non-O multi based on marriage visa and am examining my options to extend.  Have two other guys in the hotel in the same boat wondering what to do  My IO is in Chiang Mai.  Thanks all!

21 hours ago, rani said:

I've tried to apply for a 1 year extension before, but the immigration officer said I could only do it if I had a non-o single entry not a multi entry. 

As UJ stated, that's absolute nonsense.

There are those on Non Imm O ME Visas that have already successfully applied for 1 year extensions at CW Immigration. Ring 1178 if HH are being difficult.

11 hours ago, rani said:

The transfers must be coded as FTT (Foreign Telex Transfer) in the Passbook, or 'International' on your bank statement. How it is coded greatly depends on which Thai bank you hold the account with.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

For marriage, does the 400k seasoned for 2 mo have to show as a transfer from overseas or can the wife here just transfer it in to season from her account here?  Have 6 days left on Quarantine with the same non-O multi based on marriage visa and am examining my options to extend. 

For the very first application of a 1 year extension based on marriage, the requirements are either;

1. 400K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application.

2. 2 x monthly overseas transfers of 40K per month.

3. An Embassy Income letter (subject to nationality).

The Thai bank account must be in your sole name.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change to a single entry non-o visa in the country and there is no reason to do it.

I believe JOE for sure anything that is visa based

but how come those crooked AGENTS keep proposing this for 25.000 baht ? (+ same or more for your year extension without cash in the bank)

14 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

I believe JOE for sure anything that is visa based

but how come those crooked AGENTS keep proposing this for 25.000 baht ? (+ same or more for your year extension without cash in the bank)

There is a huge difference depending on whether you are currently here on a tourist entry (including visa exempt) or an entry from a Non Immigrant visa. If here on a tourist entry to can (indeed need to) apply for a conversion visa (giving a 90 day non immigrant entry) before you can apply for extensions that require you are on a non immigrant entry. If already on a non immigrant entry, and you qualify, you can already apply for a one-year extension of stay without any prior step of the conversion visa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

The 25K Fixer Agent service is for those on a ME Non Imm O marriage Visa, that either 

- do not have the 400K funds-in-bank OR

- do not have sufficient time < 2 months seasoning is required > before their Amnesty extended permission to stay expires.

When neither of the above is needed, you can either do it yourself or use an Agent to do the legwork for you (the fee will be much lower, as it would be a totally legit service not requiring any  brown envelopes but just an expiditing fee).

Thanks again everyone ????

I went to immigration, and they've said I can't do a 1 year extension unless I put 400k in my bank for 2 months. I questioned the 40k over 2/12months and they said that was only for pensions. 

So I can only do the 60 day extension as I wouldn't have to show any funds ????

IMG_20200909_123843.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rani said:

I went to immigration, and they've said I can't do a 1 year extension unless I put 400k in my bank for 2 months. I questioned the 40k over 2/12months and they said that was only for pensions. 
So I can only do the 60 day extension as I wouldn't have to show any funds ????

Did you only talk with a desk-officer at the HuaHin IO?  Or did you politely request to plead your case with the officer in charge.

Reason I am asking is that the answer you received is absolutely incorrect.

When you can show evidence of +40K transfers in each and every of the 12 months preceding your application for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage, you fully meet the financial requirements.  IO might also ask for evidence of the SOURCE of those foreign income transfers (e.g. a pension statement or an embassy issued income-letter).  So its possible that it is that SOURCE requirement that is the obstacle.

Note: If IO is adamant in the above, you could of course apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife or thai dependant child.  That extension will start from 27 Sept and will provide you a permission to stay till 25 November.

When applying for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage, you would then need to transfer 400K approx mid September to your PERSONAL Thai bank-account (a joint one is not accepted) as the funds need to be seasoned for at least two months on that account when applying for the 1-year extension of stay.

Note: When applying for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of dependent child, there is no such seasoning requirement, and hence you could apply for it from the moment the 400K is on your personal thai bank-account.

50 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Did you only talk with a desk-officer at the HuaHin IO?  Or did you politely request to plead your case with the officer in charge.

Reason I am asking is that the answer you received is absolutely incorrect.

When you can show evidence of +40K transfers in each and every of the 12 months preceding your application for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage, you fully meet the financial requirements.  IO might also ask for evidence of the SOURCE of those foreign income transfers (e.g. a pension statement or an embassy issued income-letter).  So its possible that it is that SOURCE requirement that is the obstacle.

Note: If IO is adamant in the above, you could of course apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife or thai dependant child.  That extension will start from 27 Sept and will provide you a permission to stay till 25 November.

When applying for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage, you would then need to transfer 400K approx mid September to your PERSONAL Thai bank-account (a joint one is not accepted) as the funds need to be seasoned for at least two months on that account when applying for the 1-year extension of stay.

Note: When applying for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of dependent child, there is no such seasoning requirement, and hence you could apply for it from the moment the 400K is on your personal thai bank-account.

Thanks, yeah he was the only one to talk to, there's a separate room for application processing. He called his 'higher-up/boss' and asked about the 40k as well.

60 day extension it looks like then. 

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

For the very first application of a 1 year extension based on marriage, the requirements are either;

1. 400K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application.

2. 2 x monthly overseas transfers of 40K per month.

3. An Embassy Income letter (subject to nationality).

The Thai bank account must be in your sole name.

Very good,

I'm from the US so the Embassy letter is no go, wife has the excess in her accounts to fund my personal account and start the clock ticking on the 400k deposit so that's what we will do here soon.

Thank you for your time on this.

5 hours ago, rani said:

Thanks again everyone ????

Thank you for reporting this.  This happened to myself and a few others - but still some deny Immigration will deny proven incomes which are "not a pension" - but they do.  Bank-book coding, etc - irrelevant. 

The only "workaround" if your income "doesn't count," is their agent/lawyer partners - 35K Baht+ if at Chiang Wattana, Bangkok.  Those payoffs are the REASON for this "rule" - doesn't matter that money is money, and supports your Thai family all the same.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Thank you for reporting this.  This happened to myself and a few others - but still some deny Immigration will deny proven incomes which are "not a pension" - but they do.  Bank-book coding, etc - irrelevant. 

The only "workaround" if your income "doesn't count," is their agent/lawyer partners - 35K Baht+ if at Chiang Wattana, Bangkok.  Those payoffs are the REASON for this "rule" - doesn't matter that money is money, and supports your Thai family all the same.

Yeah I think he was kind of getting at that but obviously didn't want to say it.

Odd that if I put 400k into my TH bank it's going to be coming from the same source as transferring 40k+ each month, as it's from overseas ????

• Like 1