Suvarnabhumi - Hua Hin - Pattaya bus service resumes operation

webfact

Suvarnabhumi - Hua Hin - Pattaya bus service resumes operation

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that the public relations department of Suvarnabhumi Airport had announced the resumption of air conditioned bus services from the airport to Pattaya and Hua Hin. 

The services were suspended due to lack of passengers during the height of the pandemic on April 9th. 

With more passengers flying domestic the service is now viable again. 

Tickets can be purchased on the first floor of the terminal at Door #8. 

There is one service to Hua Hin daily leaving the airport at 12.30 pm. The service leaves Hua Hin at 11 am. Cost is 294 baht. 

There are four services daily to and from Pattaya. The bus leaves the airport at 9 am, 12 noon, 3 pm and 6 pm. The service also leaves Pattaya at  9 am, 12 noon, 3 pm and 6 pm. Cost is 130 baht. 

Admission to the terminal is subject to mask wearing and having a temperature of 37.3C. 

Those using the service must wear a mask for the entire journey. 

Alcohol gels are available on the bus and a deep clean of frequently touched surfaces will take place following each journey.

Source: Daily News

Not mentioned is the minibus transfer from the bus terminal in Hua Hin or Pattaya. You get packed on to a mini bus and take your chances. It's worse for Hua Hin because you are so far out.  Also not mentioned is push to purchase online where they charge an additional "booking" fee. the 294 baht fare is regulated. All the extra charges are not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Not mentioned is the minibus transfer from the bus terminal in Hua Hin or Pattaya. You get packed on to a mini bus and take your chances. It's worse for Hua Hin because you are so far out.  Also not mentioned is push to purchase online where they charge an additional "booking" fee. the 294 baht fare is regulated. All the extra charges are not.

This is not the Bell Travel service which offered minibus transfer to your hotel/condo etc, even though it looks to have taken over the Bell Travel booking interface.  This is just the restoral of the other service to the bus station on Thappraya at the supermarket (I forget its name).

The Bell Service went to Pattaya Nua and cost 280 baht while this goes to Jomtien and costs 130 baht.  It started a week or two back and looks to have added a further bus at 6:00pm since then.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

this bus is great for going to Pattaya from Hua Hin.

one draw back the Hua Hin bus terminal for this company is very far North of Hua Hin. 

I'd use the ferry for the pattaya-Hua Hin trip. Faster, more comfortable and it is after all a sea cruise.

Watching the reaction of people on a choppy day is worth the  cost of the ticket.

And yes I know the ferry  service is suspended, but it will be back.

Can anybody be a little more specific as to just where to dropoff/pickup locations are in Pattaya/Jomtien and Hua Hin, respectively???

And, will they only let you off at the final endpoints, or, like most other Thai services, they'll also let you off at other points along the way if you desire that?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Can anybody be a little more specific as to just where to dropoff/pickup locations are in Pattaya and Hua Hin, respectively???

Try here for Jomtien end (Food Mart was the shop I couldn't remember the name of above)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.905336,100.8692491,3a,75y,80.53h,94.77t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sJYWfX-MzX5jH059NxB4ubQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I seem to recall it also stopped on request on Sukhumvit Road at Pattaya Klang and South Road, but not 100% sure.  Maybe no hold luggage drop at these points.

The Hua Hin terminal is north of the town near the airport, and it will also stop in Cha-am. Minibus etc options from the bus staion are outlined on their website.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.63105,99.9502274,3a,75y,65.04h,88.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-2efECPSWD5UwiKLEDCzkw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

https://airporthuahinbus.com/

https://airportpattayabus.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always go from Jomtien bus terminal located in North Jomtien,  to BKK airport and

the other bus to Hua Hin. Usually less than 5 or 6 hours for a cheap price.

plus 100 baht taxi ride from Hotel in Jomtien to bus stop, and 100 baht

bus ride from north end of Hua Hin to my guest house on Soi 94.   Did the

ferry ride for 1200 baht once and yes the 3 hours was shorter but still 250 more baht

for the buses on each end of the trip.  Glad the bus service is started up again.

Geezer