Brexit brinkmanship: EU orders UK to scrap plan for treaty breach, UK refuses

webfact

(He seems to be worried ????....)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/15/no-10-rejects-any-concessions-for-rebel-tories-on-brexit-bill

Johnson seeks to calm MPs before next showdown over bill

Intervention by PM raises expectations of a deal with backbenchers over legislation

Tue 15 Sep 2020 18.03

Boris Johnson has privately sought to calm angry MPs who plan to back an amendment to dilute his bill that unpicks the EU withdrawal agreement.

His intervention raises expectations that the government will do a deal with backbenchers at a parliamentary showdown next week.

More Conservative MPs have said they could join a rebellion against the government to block a breach of international law, unless an agreement is reached.

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

No mate. We both know the driver behind Brexit was immigration. 

Why am I going to hate?

My life is good.

Mr and Mrs Murrell (the SNPs answer to the Ceausescus) have told their cult followers what to think and you obediently obey.

Your claim that the UK is a xenophobic island when I repeat it is the least xenophobic country in europe, apart from Malta, it is a total lie and you should withdraw that statement with an appology!

Edited by vogie

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

Mr and Mrs Murrell (the SNPs answer to the Ceausescus) have told their cult followers what to think and you obediently obey.

Your claim that the UK is a xenophobic island when I repeat it is the least xenophobic country in the UK, apart from Malta, it is a total lie and you should withdraw that statement with an appology!

Nigel Farage: Breaking point poster 'transformed politics' - BBC News

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

When the start calling the remainers nationalists, it is unmistakeably obvious they have completely lost the plot.

One only has to take a glance at this, and other related threads, to see who the nationalists are

The clues in the name The Scottish National Party, HTH.

5 minutes ago, polpott said:

Being English born and bred but having lived in and visited several other countries, I can assure you that England is the most xenophobic country in the Western world. And, furthermore, Yorkshire is the most xenophobic county in England.

Link, if not retract your lies.

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

Yorkshire CCC didn't even let non Yorkshire cricketers play for them until fairly recent times.

OMG, are you serious, that makes Yorkshire the most xenophobic county in the land. You have a great sense of humour if nowt else.

• Thanks 1

(By reading this my coffee tasted excellent this morning ….. even I didn't need a biscuit , this was as a very sweet biscuit …….????  oh what a delay this could mean ????, every time Boris must make "his" law more acceptable .....bouncing it over & over again    ????  )

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/09/15/brexit-news-internal-market-bill-debate-boris-johnson-deal/

Downing Street warns peers not to block Internal Market Bill amid warnings of 'panic' in the Lords

Government is simultaneously trying to head off rebellions in both the House of Commons - where Boris Johnson enjoys a working majority of 90 - and the House of Lords, where the Conservatives are outnumbered by 536 opposition  to 250 Tories 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Would take too long time to explain, at the same time as you would refuse to take in the information.

However, time will tell and you will finally understand why. Good Luck!

I thought you might say that.....????

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

You must be psychic. Mmmmmm....mmmmm... waiting for the next comment to be delivered, right?

Indeed, your user name keeps popping up on my screen on different subjects quoting me, hmmmm, I hope you are not stalking.......????........????

50 minutes ago, transam said:

Indeed, your user name keeps popping up on my screen on different subjects quoting me, hmmmm, I hope you are not stalking.......????........????

Absolutely not. Just have a very different opinion. That´s why I always chose to quote your post before others.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Absolutely not. Just have a very different opinion. That´s why I always chose to quote your post before others.

Have you anything of interest that other posters may like, or are you sticking with your bickerfest?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Have you anything of interest that other posters may like, or are you sticking with your bickerfest?

Sorry if I answered a question from another member. Why do you have a problem with that?

Yes, I have already added my opinions in my earlier quotes, if you bothered to read them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Sorry if I answered a question from another member. Why do you have a problem with that?

Yes, I have already added my opinions in my earlier quotes, if you bothered to read them.

You are not answering questions, you are bickering and it gets very boring. On ignore!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The trouble with that argument is that Johnson personally negotiated the Withdrawal Agreement, touted it as a great deal, held an election based on it and ramrodded it through Parliament, all before finally turning around and pre-emptively reneging on the deal he had brokered himself. If that's not negotiating in bad faith then I don't know what is.

Top government legal adviser Jonathan Jones has resigned in protest over this and the Attorney General at the time of the agreement, Geoffrey Cox, has said reneging on the deal is an "unconscionable" breach of international law.

Actually it was May's withdrawal agreement and Johnson had no choice but to accept it (with some minor modifications) since the traitorous 2019 Remainer Parliament had made it illegal to leave with No Deal.

He had no idea that the EU would threaten to break up the UK using a contradictory set of clauses in the WA. When they informed him what they had planned, he brought about the internal market bill to give him the power to stop this. The bill itself doesn't break the law. It only allows him to break the law if the EU tries to break up the UK.

Since the EU has broken international law many times and also plans to break up the UK as punishment for Brexit, I have no issue with this. 

If you do, that's tough. Parliament is sovereign ????.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, nauseus said:
20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

How is a LIVE broadcast edited?

If you read the full conversation then you won't appear so obtuse.

I did read it all.

The post of yours in question contained a quote; in full it is

22 hours ago, nauseus said:
22 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

It's video from HoC broadcast .....I happened to watch it live from HoC and Boris had the craaaap ripped out of him. He sat there almost in tears like a naughty schoolboy......probably one of the most humiliating episodes for a British PM since WW2

(7by7 emphasis)

I watched it too, it's edited.

So I ask again: how is a LIVE broadcast edited?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

So if Parliament votes against Johnson's Bill, you will be content, happy and in full agreement then?

PH

Happy? Absolutely not.

But guess what? I will accept the decision like an adult because I believe in Democracy and Democratic process. Do you Remainers remember that word? Or has 4 years of being an irritating, condescending, vocal minority trying (but ultimately failing) to overturn Democratic votes finally taken it's toll? ????

• Like 2