Brexit brinkmanship: EU orders UK to scrap plan for treaty breach, UK refuses

webfact

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's all about the momentum. If the 3rd largest economy agrees a trade deal with the UK, it sends out a powerful signal. That's all I'm saying. 

And what signal would that be? Get on the train before it leaves the station? No country is going to be stampeded into signing a treaty. 

And even a free trade treaty with the U.S. is going to have a miniscule effect on the UK economy. That's according to a UK government analysis. There already is a huge amount of trade between the UK and the USA. And that's because there isn't much in the way of obstacles to it. Tariffs are mostly low or nonexistent.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I have not said the BBC didn't cover it. It's on the BBC website for those who want to look for it, and yes BBC world news have it on their banner. 

What I am saying is the main news programs for viewers in the UK (News at 10 on BBC / ITV) don't cover it. And the same goes for the main radio stations.  Can you not see the difference? 

I’m sorry but again that is not true.

I have watched reports on the bbc news about the deal.

They covered it. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Better wording
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, 3NUMBAS said:

wont happen as labour and starmer are hated with a vengeance ,,their airhead flat cap  voters are all dead and labour wont be back in power any time in the next 100 years despite your wishfull thinking..

Irrelevant.

My post was pointing out the posters basic maths skills are weak. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, forehandplus said:

And the universaly observed economic phenomenon that the geographically closer countries are the more that they trade with each other doesn't apply to the UK because....magic?

Did I say that? I said it would be great if we got a deal with the EU. If we don't there will be challenges, but not insurmountable ones. 

Your comment would have more validity if the UK voted to leave the EU purely on economic grounds. But we didn't. 

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

Your comment would have more validity if the UK voted to leave the EU purely on economic grounds. But we didn't. 

But we should have done. Its the only part of brexit that really affects UK PLC, the pound in your pocket and jobs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

Well maybe those on your side may come round to my way of thinking when they're out of a job, their pension is worth half of what it is now and they're watching Johnson, Mogg and their backers sailing off to the Caymen Islands having trousered their winnings.

Or maybe those things you predict won't happen. Ever considered that? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

St Nigel explains the current situation (from 8 mins)...

Boris Johnson set to opt out of human rights laws

Prime Minister to open second confrontation with EU in bid to ease migrant deportation cases

Boris going for broke  (Telegraph) This will get the EU in yet another spin,Patel looking for areas offshore to dump the ever growing masses.

Got to admire the Greek authorities on Lesbos,bit of tear gas never hurt anybody,well not for long  anyway  Patel seeking areas offshore to go Aussie style,no need for ATMs either

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 4:06 AM, webfact said:

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Britain would not get a trade deal with the United States if it did anything to undermine the 1998 Northern Irish peace deal.

There's your answer EU and stop ordering countries. ????

15 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Me too.

The majority of the English do not want the community of European nations. We must let them go and live their adventure alone and far from us, without conflict or bullying but without weakness either.

Regarding NI, BJ's turnarounds will sooner or later lead to the reunification of Ireland. Simple and practical solution for all except a weakening of the UK and a dangerous model for the other associated nations (Scotland, Wales, Gibraltar and some islands).

crystal-ball-e1535662259363.jpg.d9b033f0d245adc2ebdd04ee51a073fa.jpg