Brexit brinkmanship: EU orders UK to scrap plan for treaty breach, UK refuses

webfact

On 9/11/2020 at 4:15 PM, puipuitom said:

Yes, immediately... 

Pity we did not listen to Charles de Gaulle, and did ever join these treacherous British... even a ratification of the British Parliament does not hold 9 months...

Only 1 thing as you ut it treacherous in this post and thats you and the <deleted> you are spouting. Leave Britian and the british to oursleves worry about your own countries. Stop slagging off the British at every turn. 

We arent going around slagging everyone and pointing fingers.

Grow up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

I continued your sentence, well it is Funday today......????

Oh , that I really did not noticed …… ????   , but it is good to live in a no tax country like U.K. …. ????so you know now  why all those dingy people wish to cross …..

Edited by david555

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Oh , that I really did not noticed …… ????   , but it is good to live in a no tax country like U.K. …. ????so you know why all those dingy people wish to cross …..

Yes its good that the UK will no longer pay any EU taxes

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Yes its good that the UK will no longer pay any EU taxes

As else it would become unbearable with U.K. ones together , which Sunak has in the draw for after Christmas (postponed from September as too close for politic situation ….)  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Quite contrary, it seems no one has “stopped gloating about it”—Brexiteers have started gloating about it. For some reason they seem to think that parliament deciding to break international laws somehow makes it ok, whereas everyone else seems to think that it doesn’t matter an iota who domestically would be responsible for it, as the outcome doesn’t change. 

If you call no-deal, fines and sanctions on top of your recession and pandemic a “Storm in the teacup”...

Yes it's amusing to shove their words back down their throats.

Fines? Sanctions? You're getting a bit ahead of yourself. Maybe you should grab your crash helmet, a few tins of canned tuna and some meds and retire to your bunker until the four horseman of the apocalypse have left the area ????.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Not sure.

Currently all the problems are attributed to the EU as can be seen from reading the daily verbal delirium here.

But it's over soon. From January, BJ and his Brexiters friends will have to face the consequences of their choice. And in my humble opinion the toll could be so heavy that it will lead to the dislocation of the kingdom sooner than expected.

Sooner than expected? Its not expected at all. I don't know where you get this from. 

Just now, vogie said:

Why would our taxes have to go up, we don't have any free loading nations to support. I just hope it doesn't affect Lukes pension.????

So all those financial newspapers must be wrong about the growing deficit from C19 handouts and lower economy …. 

Luke shall appreciate your concern about it for him , ???? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

So all those financial newspapers must be wrong about the growing deficit from C19 handouts and lower economy …. 

Luke shall appreciate your concern about it for him , ???? 

C19 has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit, but having said that, you have the pleasure of coping with both. Bon chance.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

C19 has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit, but having said that, you have the pleasure of coping with both. Bon chance.

nothing to do with Brexit ..... true..... but anyhow on the tax bill , that was what I meant ….. not all is Brexit , however the 6 persons thing is another trouble for your hero ….. start feeling a litle depressed in his looks now, you don't find ?  

4093.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

(It just doesn't stop …. more a minute blame his "Boris plan "???? ….     )

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-ex-law-chief-joins-rebellion-and-hits-out-at-pms-unconscionable-plan-12071438

Brexit: Ex-law chief joins rebellion and hits out at PM's 'unconscionable' plan 
The Tory MP says there is "no doubt" the "unpalatable" implications of the Withdrawal Agreement were known when the PM signed it.

Jon Craig 
Chief political correspondent @joncraig  

Monday 14 September 2020 03:54, UK 
Boris JohnsonBrexit 

Boris Johnson has been hit by a devastating attack from a former loyal ally as he embarks on bruising Commons clashes on a bitterly contentious piece of Brexit legislation. In a huge boost for rebel Tory MPs, Geoffrey Cox, the prime minister's pro-Brexit attorney general until February this year, has condemned the move to override Mr Johnson's Brexit deal.

2020-09-14_121347.png

"It is unconscionable that this country, justly famous for its regard for the rule of law around the world, should act in such a way," Mr Cox wrote in a wounding attack on Mr Johnson in The Times. And in what appears to be a highly personal attack on Mr Johnson, he wrote: "No British minister should solemnly undertake to observe treaty obligations with his fingers crossed behind his back."

Mr Cox's attack came just hours before MPs begin debating the government's controversial Internal Market Bill, which has been condemned by former prime ministers and leading Tory Brexiteers.

This intervention could be a serious spanner in the works for Boris. Cox knows the WA stands for Woefully Awful but also expects the government to honour its obligations, even if they have made a serious error.

Such a shame May got in - complete waste of 3 years - I think Cox would have made a great PM.  

Just now, nauseus said:

This intervention could be a serious spanner in the works for Boris. Cox knows the WA stands for Woefully Awful but also expects the government to honour its obligations, even if they have made a serious error.

Such a shame May got in - complete waste of 3 years - I think Cox would have made a great PM.  

Your thought's could become reality...., as now all weight their chances ….

Even Cameron shows his doubts very carefully , but doesn't say more for the moment (his words on street interview by Sky Kate Burley Lady ….(coward response from him , afraid to choose sides …)

• Like 1