Brexit brinkmanship: EU orders UK to scrap plan for treaty breach, UK refuses

webfact

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I never said Kent was in Germany. I said he'd be a migrant if/when he moves to Germany.

You said "Nigel Farage was born and lives in Kent. He's therefore not a mAIgr(a)nt, either in UK or Germany."

Do try and keep up with your own posts, even though mine appear to be too complex for you.

Hover your mouse over the blue bit and click; simple.

If that is too difficult for you to follow: CLICK HERE!

No you didn't say he would be. Stop twisting and squirming and lying as usual. Your post was all past tense in that you said he'd already applied. You've got it wrong again, but as usual won't admit that you post BS and are full of your own pony and trap, as you like to say.

Go on, write it in words where your lefty dial-a-quote comes from. You avoided it first time and are still avoiding it because you are embarrassed at your 'source'. It's some old hippy blogging in his back bedroom or similar - you really ought to be ashamed yourself. Is it even an approved TVF source?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, 7by7 said:

migrant

/ˈmʌɪɡr(ə)nt/

noun

a person who moves from one place to another, especially in order to find work or better living conditions

That is how I link them.

If Farage didn't want to ensure that he could easily take advantage of the FoM directive to move to Germany, a right he campaigned to deny the rest of us, why did he bother to take out German citizenship? Making his application the day after the referendum!

17 hours ago, RayC said:

It appears that Mr. Farage hasn't applied for EU citizenship and/or a passport, so I withdraw my previous statement.

27 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

There is no such thing as EU citizenship, nor an EU passport.

But there are reports of Farage applying for a German passport, which he has never denied.

There are also reports of his being investigated by the German police because he lied in that application.

A simple denial from Farage would clear this up.

Odd that he hasn't made one in the 4 years since the story broke; considering how quick he was to deny other accusations, such as his alleged threats to civil servants and breaking quarantine after returning from the US.

Come on let's twist again 49. Why not fess up as RayC had the good grace to do, rather than arguing with him? A simple admittance of not knowing what you are talking about from you would clear this up.

Whether he did or didn't apply for a German passport, it would not make him one of your mAIgr(a)nts, as you so helpfully explained the pronunciation. Your linking of Nigel is as bad as you linking to your dodgy blog.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No you didn't say he would be. Stop twisting and squirming and lying as usual. Your post was all past tense in that you said he'd already applied. You've got it wrong again, but as usual won't admit that you post BS and are full of your own pony and trap, as you like to say.

My comments and reports of the matter are all in the past tense because it happened four years ago!

That's the past!

16 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Go on, write it in words where your lefty dial-a-quote comes from. You avoided it first time and are still avoiding it because you are embarrassed at your 'source'. It's some old hippy blogging in his back bedroom or similar - 

All you have to do is click on the link; why is that so difficult for you?

Yes, it is a blog; but as you and your mates often shoot down the MSM as liars, I'm surprised that you object to that!

No, not surprised; it is obvious that a source, any source, is only acceptable to you when it confirms what you want. Any source which confirms things you don't care for is to be dismissed; whether that source is MSM or not.

20 minutes ago, Loiner said:

you really ought to be ashamed yourself.

How often have you said that to your mates, @evadgib in particular, when they have linked to and/or quoted similar sources? Never.

21 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Is it even an approved TVF source?

I don't have a list of approved TVF sources; do you?

I've linked to my source three times now; if you believe it breaks TVF rules, you know where the report button is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Come on let's twist again 49. Why not fess up as RayC had the good grace to do, rather than arguing with him? A simple admittance of not knowing what you are talking about from you would clear this up

'Fess up? Why?

As I said, Farage has not applied for EU citizenship and an EU passport as neither of those things exist!

Nothing there for me to 'fess up to.

11 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Whether he did or didn't apply for a German passport, it would not make him one of your mAIgr(a)nts, as you so helpfully explained the pronunciation. Your linking of Nigel is as bad as you linking to your dodgy blog.

You are really showing your desperation. I have answered this question several times now.

For the last time: FARAGE WOULD BE A MIGRANT IF/WHEN HE MOVED TO LIVE IN GERMANY!!!

(Apologies to everyone else for shouting; but it seems the only way to get through to Loiner.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

My comments and reports of the matter are all in the past tense because it happened four years ago!

That's the past!

All you have to do is click on the link; why is that so difficult for you?

Yes, it is a blog; but as you and your mates often shoot down the MSM as liars, I'm surprised that you object to that!

No, not surprised; it is obvious that a source, any source, is only acceptable to you when it confirms what you want. Any source which confirms things you don't care for is to be dismissed; whether that source is MSM or not.

How often have you said that to your mates, @evadgib in particular, when they have linked to and/or quoted similar sources? Never.

I don't have a list of approved TVF sources; do you?

I've linked to my source three times now; if you believe it breaks TVF rules, you know where the report button is.

Nigel Farage becoming a migrant wasn't four years ago. It has never happened, it's only lefty propaganda and a figment of your blogger's imagination.

Why do you still avoid admitting to your source? Oh the irony, 49 has picked a dodgy source and can't now admit it. How hypocritical, as you would have us believe Nigel Farage is!

I don't curate a list of approved TVF sources, but if you were to unveil it maybe they would confirm either way for you. As for the report button, well I would have to ask you or another Remainer to give me directions to it. I tried it long ago and found it would not work for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

'Fess up? Why?

As I said, Farage has not applied for EU citizenship and an EU passport as neither of those things exist!

You are really showing your desperation. I have answered this question several times now.

For the last time: FARAGE WOULD BE A MIGRANT IF/WHEN HE MOVED TO LIVE IN GERMANY!!!

(Apologies to everyone else for shouting; but it seems the only way to get through to Loiner.)

Stop beating your head against a brick wall. 

Just put him on ignore. Believe me your life will be much better for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

'Fess up? Why?

Twistin' twistin' twistin' the truth away.  Try saying it louder but they can see through you. Fake posting.

It's no good now trying to make it conditional future tense. You are caught old chap.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

But there are reports of Farage applying for a German passport, which he has never denied.

There are also reports of his being investigated by the German police because he lied in that application.

Odd that he hasn't made one in the 4 years since the story broke; considering how quick he was to deny other accusations, such as his alleged threats to civil servants and breaking quarantine after returning from the US.

From an all-knowing non-citizen of the EU

HIGNFY  

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/factsheets/en/sheet/145/the-citizens-of-the-union-and-their-rights

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Stop beating your head against a brick wall. 

Just put him on ignore. Believe me your life will be much better for it.

Unlike many Brexiteers, I choose not to place people on ignore.

I feel that so doing is an admission that I have no answer to their nonsense.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Twistin' twistin' twistin' the truth away.  Try saying it louder but they can see through you. Fake posting.

It's no good now trying to make it conditional future tense. You are caught old chap.

See my posts passim.

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Unlike many Brexiteers, I choose not to place people on ignore.

I feel that so doing is an admission that I have no answer to their nonsense.

I dont do it if the person is actually bringing a valid and coherent argument. They are contributing to the debate whether I personally agree with them or not. It is always good to hear views other than your own.

I do ignore trolls though. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nauseus said:

EU citizens or EU nationals? Depends on who's talking and the context.

For example, when HMG says 'EU citizens' it means citizens of an EU member state.

However, in the area in which I take the most interest, immigration, UKVI and UK Border Force refer to them as EU nationals.

But I accept that they are essentially the same.

However, there is no such thing as an EU passport.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Actually there is such as a thing as European citizenship https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizenship_of_the_European_Union

There are not European passports per sec, but the European Commission can issue 'special' passports. 

In any event, imo a bit pedantic. Far easier to say 'European passport' than 'Passport of a member state of the EU'. I think most people knew what was meant.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

There are reports of many things; some true, some false. I am no fan of Farage; he stands for many things I despise, but it is entirely up to him whether he responds to these allegations. The burden of proof rests with the accusers, not the accused. I can find no data - other than this type of circumstantial evidence - to support this claim, so I withdrew my previous comment. If you can find concrete evidence, cite it.

19 minutes ago, RayC said:

Actually there is such as a thing as European citizenship https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizenship_of_the_European_Union

As I said in reply to @nauseus

26 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

EU citizens or EU nationals? Depends on who's talking and the context.

For example, when HMG says 'EU citizens' it means citizens of an EU member state.

However, in the area in which I take the most interest, immigration, UKVI and UK Border Force refer to them as EU nationals.

Of course, one cannot be an EU citizen without being a citizen of a member state. As your Wikipedia article says, EU citizenship is in addition to national citizenship of a member state.

24 minutes ago, RayC said:

There are not European passports per sec, but the European Commission can issue 'special' passports. 

In any event, imo a bit pedantic. Far easier to say 'European passport' than 'Passport of a member state of the EU'. I think most people knew what was meant.

Yes, the commission does issue a European Union laissez-passer, which serves the same purpose as that document issued by the UN. This dates back to the pre EEC days of the European Coal and Steel Community. 

Not that Farage qualifies for one!

I have never said 'European passport' nor 'passport of a member state of the EU.'  I have always said the country which issued it. When we were a member I never said I had an EU passport, always a British one. My wife says she has a Thai passport, not an ASEAN one.

33 minutes ago, RayC said:

There are reports of many things; some true, some false. I am no fan of Farage; he stands for many things I despise, but it is entirely up to him whether he responds to these allegations. The burden of proof rests with the accusers, not the accused. I can find no data - other than this type of circumstantial evidence - to support this claim, so I withdrew my previous comment. If you can find concrete evidence, cite it.

I have cited the evidence, which includes a copy of the German police report.

You may say that is, itself, a forgery, though.

But as I said before, what makes me tend to believe this story is the fact that Farage always denies allegations made against him; except for this one.

• Like 2