Spouse deceased, what happens to marriage visa?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is false info. It only ends incase of a divorce.

From the conditions for a permit to stay most people have to complete when applying for an extension.

image.png.f9a833ac15993b05f922960ba9ba50e1.png

So do you mean I can still extend the marriage visa even if the spouse is deceased? 

How about the documents needed for extention such as photos of us together, Id card of the spouse etc... 

Do they have new set of rules for this case? 

Coolio 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You will need to be even more creative when (as required) you take the (ex-)wife with you

I think we're bordering on sick humor....nevertheless, I'm chuckling. We can't take this Imm BS too seriously now, can we? Cheers.

On 9/11/2020 at 9:31 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

So do you mean I can still extend the marriage visa even if the spouse is deceased? 

Your extending your permission of stay based on marriage (a permit, not a Visa).

In the case of a deceased spouse, the extension remains valid until it's expiry date.

You then couldn't apply for a further extension based on the reason of marriage, but could for reason of retirement (over 50), or remarry. 

A few months ago I met a British guy when I went to get my car serviced and we got chatting. The subject of visas came up and he revealed that he gets an extension of stay through a Thai friend of his - they aren't dating or married - he just say he knows her and gets it renewed, he said. If this is true, I don't see much reason why you couldn't just get a 'stand in' for your deceased spouse and keep it going - immigration don't seem to check that much. The important thing is just having 'proof'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jadee said:

A few months ago I met a British guy when I went to get my car serviced and we got chatting. The subject of visas came up and he revealed that he gets an extension of stay through a Thai friend of his - they aren't dating or married - he just say he knows her and gets it renewed, he said. If this is true, I don't see much reason why you couldn't just get a 'stand in' for your deceased spouse and keep it going - immigration don't seem to check that much. The important thing is just having 'proof'.

That is wrong information ^ 

51 minutes ago, jadee said:

I can assure you that is not true. I can say that after applying for 13 extensions based upon marriage.

A marriage certificate is required and a recent Kor Ror 2 marriage registry printout is required. Not sure how the system works but I suspect the Kor Ror 2 might be deleted from the system when a death is registered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jadee said:

Sounds like the Thai friend is an agent, or knows an agent.

If you have ever done a marriage extension you would realise what a silly statement this is.

You wouldn't have the documentation saying you are still married, you would be taking a different person to immigration after the first year the staff tend to know and remember you, not to mention that they take (and you submit) a photo of you and wife every year. 

Edited by Peterw42