Reading a will in Thailand

scorecard

When a Thai person or foreigner dies in Thailand and has made a legitimate will, Is there a process in Thailand (as in some other countries) where someone (perhaps the executor or a person from a law firm if the firm is mentioned in the will) gathers the family and beneficiaries together and someone reads the whole will, especially the names of the beneficiaries mentioned in the will and what they inherit?

I've been in LOS 30+ years and I've never heard of this happening (that doesn't prove anything of course).

Is it required under Thai Law?

Further, Is it required under Thai law that all beneficiaries get a copy of the will just after it's all signed, lodged etc., or before the gathering to read the will (if that happens)

I've studied the the law on wills etc and I can't find any references to the above points.

There's a reason to submit this post. An old farang buddy is not far off death. He has 4 sons born in LOS, all now between 30 to 40 yo., his Thai wife and her parents and her only brother all deceased more than 10 years ago.

For very good reasons, in his will the farang bequeaths the vast majority of his substantial estate to his second son and minor amounts to the other 3 sons. The will was prepared under the guidance of a well respected law firm,

The second son is the only person who has seen the will and he has strong concerns that when the will is read* he will be attacked by his 3 brothers with them demanding he share his inheritance with them.

This is not my business however I can state that none of the other 3 brothers have made any effort all of their lives to support or help their father when needed, no effort to take care of him nor offer any caring or love during his numerous bouts in hospital and all of them have numerous times demanded big handouts for expensive cars and more. Number 2 son has done exactly the opposite in terms of always checking if dad needs help, automatically being there to help, to support, to care etc., and he has never asked for anything. 

* One of his Thai buddies who studied law in the US mentioned to him the 'reading of the will' event' saying that it's a compulsory event under the law in all countries.

* Another buddy, a Thai accountant told him this very rarely happens in Thailand and it's not required by law, and it's not compulsory for all the beneficiaries to have been given a copy of the will at any time.

Appreciate if anybody who has some exposure to this would share their experience.

(Please folks, not interested in opinions of what should be, just real experiences please.)