Vegetables that grow well in a balcony pot in Bangkok

I am thinking of growing some vegetables on my (small) condo balcony in plant pots.

For the gardeners amongst us, what vegetables are fairly easy to grow in a pot and do well in the Bangkok weather?

Full sun or partial sun is fine, I can find a way to shield my plants from the sun - any ideas?

Cheers guys.

Edited by Noisyaircon2020

I have tried chili and basil. In our condominium complex we have a big garden and so insects brought diseases to my plants on my balcony. To cut a long disappointing story short - I gave up. And I have learned that planting something doesn't guarantee that you can harvest something and I am so grateful that I have never been a farmer.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldie said:

I have tried chili and basil. In our condominium complex we have a big garden and so insects brought diseases to my plants on my balcony. To cut a long disappointing story short - I gave up. And I have learned that planting something doesn't guarantee that you can harvest something and I am so grateful that I have never been a farmer.

I have previously tried these also Oldie. They grew for about 2 weeks then suddenly stopped growing, even though I watered them the same and they got the same amount of sun.

I can only guess that I was using bad soil? (I bought soil from Tesco Lotus)

55 minutes ago, Noisyaircon2020 said:

I have previously tried these also Oldie. They grew for about 2 weeks then suddenly stopped growing, even though I watered them the same and they got the same amount of sun.

I can only guess that I was using bad soil? (I bought soil from Tesco Lotus)

Maybe you give too much water! Sometimes all just fail. But normaly all grow fast and dont need much to take care.

14 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Maybe you give too much water! Sometimes all just fail. But normaly all grow fast and dont need much to take care.

I normally water 2 x a day: once in the morning and once in the evening.

Thailand is hot so I assumed plants need a lot of water, but perhaps you are right 2 in 1 that I am watering them too often?

1 hour ago, Noisyaircon2020 said:

I normally water 2 x a day: once in the morning and once in the evening.

Thailand is hot so I assumed plants need a lot of water, but perhaps you are right 2 in 1 that I am watering them too often?

Look weather here! Tomato need much water coz it self is wet. If you give chili too much water it not grow, extra water need get out also !So that kind pot where extra water get out! Roots get mold if give too much water.