Advice on moving to another province for retirement visa and proof of income

26 minutes ago, glegolo said:

have been informed here in this forum, over and over again over the years, that you can not seek a Non Imm O-VISA inside Thailand, and leave it there... You MUST continue with the purpose of a 1 year extension, if they are going to give you that Non Immigrant O......

So you say I am wrong. I really would kindly ask UbonJoe to give his opinion, because I believe him, and I am more than willing to stand corrected if I am wrong,

@ubonjoe

Please put us out of our misery on this Joe !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

@ubonjoe

Please put us out of our misery on this Joe !

mikem20

am seeking a visa on the basis of retirement for +50 for the first time, not an extension.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To my knowledge you can not apply for a retirement-VISA inside Thailand. That has to be done outside Thailand. You can however apply for a conversion to a 1 year retirement extension of stay...

unquote

---------------------------------------------------------

So this is wrong then???? And THIS is what I kindly ask UbonJoe to confirm or say is wrong.

glegolo

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

Sorry if yOU find it embarassing!! I am a firm believer that I am correct 100%.. I have been informed here in this forum, over and over again over the years, that you can not seek a Non Imm O-VISA inside Thailand, and leave it there... You MUST continue with the purpose of a 1 year extension, if they are going to give you that Non Immigrant O......

Maybe that was the case previously .

Since Covid , you can now get visas from within Thailand, visas that were only previously available from abroad .

You can get the 3 month retirement visa* from within Thailand at the moment  .

(*Non O, or whatever its called , the initial 3 month visa you need before you get the 1 year retirement visa )

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Maybe that was the case previously .

Since Covid , you can now get visas from within Thailand, visas that were only previously available from abroad .

You can get the 3 month retirement visa* from within Thailand at the moment  .

(*Non O, or whatever its called , the initial 3 month visa you need before you get the 1 year retirement visa )

So you mean that we can buy that VISA 3 month Non Immigrant O within Thailand, and all good. No demand for an yearly extension of that VISA.....????

glegolo

3 minutes ago, glegolo said:

So you mean that we can buy that VISA 3 month Non Immigrant O within Thailand, and all good. No demand for an yearly extension of that VISA.....????

glegolo

I got mine combined 3 months + 12 months .

Dont see why they wouldnt just give the initial 3 months , but if 3 months is all you want , you may as well get a volunteer or medical visa

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Dont see why they wouldnt just give the initial 3 months , but if 3 months is all you want , you may as well get a volunteer or medical visa

Sounds like you used an agent. 

If someone had entered on TV or visa exempt they would first up obtain Non O at immigration based on retirement or marriage etc. That would give them 90 day permission of stay. In the last 30/45 days could apply for annual extension (if they wished) 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes you got 3 + 12, and THAT is exactly what I have been saying all along, and people are saying that I am wrong. I really like to know from somebody who knows for sure, if they have changed and that you now actually can buy a 3 month non immigrant O with no "strings attached",,, like a 1 year extension. Some people feel embarrased, so we better find out before they hurt themselfs...55555

thanks

glegolo

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If someone had entered on TV or visa exempt the would first up obtain Non O at immigration based on retirement or marriage etc. That would give them 90 day permission of stay. In the last 30/45 days could apply for annual extension (if they wished) 

And that is exctly what the argument is about.... I like to know the truth and what is right and what is wrong. Have they changed really, so you can buy that VISA without any demand for an extension to follow....??

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

Just now, glegolo said:

And that is exctly what the argument is about.... I like to know the truth and what is right and what is wrong. Have they changed really, so you can buy that VISA without any demand for an extension to follow....??

glegolo

Of course you can.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If someone had entered on TV or visa exempt they would first up obtain Non O at immigration based on retirement or marriage etc. That would give them 90 day permission of stay. In the last 30/45 days could apply for annual extension (if they wished) 

TBH, I have no idea what I will be getting , the offer was 15 months for 45 K and thats what i applied for 

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

TBH, I have no idea what I will be getting , the offer was 15 months for 45 K and thats what i applied for 

Can ask you for others benefit. 

When did you engage agent and when did he indicate your passport would be returned. 

5 hours ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

Good Lord.

YES!!! You can get a 90-day Non-O within Thailand and with no need for 12-mo extension!  I did it last week as have many others recently and over the years.  I can get the annual extension if I WANT to but there is no requirement to do so.  Clear enough?

Also, the terminology in this thread has been sloppy.

If you enter on visa exemption (as I did) you need to first apply for a non-O visa (YES! a visa granted within Thailand!) on form tm87.

If you enter on a tourist visa you must apply for a Change of Visa (yes, also within Thailand) on form tm86.  They are equivalent but use different immigration form.  Neither requires the annual extension afterward, that is optional  I may or may not get the annual extension depending on whether we decide to stay longer in Thailand.

Got it?

Edited by eppic
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, eppic said:

Good Lord.

YES!!! You can get a 90-day Non-O within Thailand and with no need for 12-mo extension!  I did it last week as have many others recently and over the years.  I can get the annual extension if I WANT to but there is no requirement to do so.  Clear enough?

Also, the terminology in this thread has been sloppy.

If you enter on visa exemption (as I did) you need to first apply for a non-O visa (YES! a visa granted within Thailand!) on form tm87.

If you enter on a tourist visa you must apply for a Change of Visa (yes, also within Thailand) on form tm86.  They are equivalent but use different immigration form.  Neither requires the annual extension afterward, that is optional  I may or may not get the annual extension depending on whether we decide to stay longer in Thailand.

Got it?

Thank you for a straight believable answer. I did not know this, and I am grateful for the information. Why the need to be condescending I dont know, and the same goes for that "bad attitude" character Drjack54???

glegolo