Poll, US election

Peterw42

Poll, Who will win the US election ?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interested to know the general opinion on who will be the winner in the upcoming election. Not so much who people are going to vote for (as that is only Americans), who do people think will win.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, J Town said:

I posted in another thread that Democrats are projected by Las Vegas odds makers to take all three branches this election. There's real money involved, they don't mess around.

What were they projecting and at what odds back in 2016?

I have no idea but i am sure certain people will tell you their beloved leader will be president for four more glorious years.

After the election the Samaritans(blue bar in top of your screen) will get a few calls.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

I have no idea but i am sure certain people will tell you their beloved leader will be president for four more glorious years.

After the election the Samaritans(blue bar in top of your screen) will get a few calls.

Are the Samaritans far left anarchists or alt right supremacists? Just trying to get my bearings.

• Haha 1

Only a couple of votes but 100% Biden so far. 

The belief that candidate X will win often ends up causing the opposite, Candidate X voters dont bother voting and Candidate Y voters make the effort

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Only a couple of votes but 100% Biden so far. 

The belief that candidate X will win often ends up causing the opposite, Candidate X voters dont bother voting and Candidate Y voters make the effort

I wonder if it doesn't work the other way around sometimes. Like, "we're gonna lose anyway, might as well stay home/go fishing/whatever". But yes, complacency can be a dangerous trap.

The debates will determine a lot.

Biden seems to have mind issues and will probably end up looking foolish.

But Trump looks foolish all the time, so who knows.

A toss up I think.  Biden is running on a Mr. Nice kinder/gentler platform so far.

But, if people deep down care more about the money they will vote for Trump. 

9 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The debates will determine a lot.

Biden seems to have mind issues and will probably end up looking foolish.

But Trump looks foolish all the time, so who knows.

A toss up I think.  Biden is running on a Mr. Nice kinder/gentler platform so far.

But, if people deep down care more about the money they will vote for Trump. 

Funny.

Biden did so well in his last one on one debate with Bernie that he was immediately swept to the nomination. 

We know Biden is old but so is 45.

Biden had stuttering and gaffe issues from a young man so those very human and in some ways endearing flaws are baked in.

I agree that the debates are 45s last stand but just as he might potentially gain from them he could also just as easily fall further behind.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Biden did so well in his last one on one debate with Bernie that he was immediately swept to the nomination.

Don't think that for a second. The primary election was rigged as was 2016. I know this because I was one of the original litigants in the 2016 lawsuit against the DNC. Their defense was literally "they are not an official government entity and can choose whomever they wish." Bernie called out Joe for the liar he is. And don't you find it suspicious all the other candidates dropped out within a week or two period and ALL supported Joe who was all but officially out of the race?

Bernie is an outcast because he openly attacks Big Pharma, Big Banks, and all the corporations that are killing the US. Joe is just another old white guy, a 1 percenter who is in the bag for Big Pharma, Big Banks, and his corporate masters. The ONLY thing Joe really has going is he isn't 45.

21 minutes ago, J Town said:

Don't think that for a second. The primary election was rigged as was 2016. I know this because I was one of the original litigants in the 2016 lawsuit against the DNC. Their defense was literally "they are not an official government entity and can choose whomever they wish." Bernie called out Joe for the liar he is. And don't you find it suspicious all the other candidates dropped out within a week or two period and ALL supported Joe who was all but officially out of the race?

Bernie is an outcast because he openly attacks Big Pharma, Big Banks, and all the corporations that are killing the US. Joe is just another old white guy, a 1 percenter who is in the bag for Big Pharma, Big Banks, and his corporate masters. The ONLY thing Joe really has going is he isn't 45.

Move on.

• Like 1

Political discussions are not allowed in the General forum:

Policy In General Regarding US Election/Political Discussions

As a result of the great increase in posts about US politics in Thailand, we are requesting that members keep political discussion confined to threads already open in the World News Forum.

Non-political topics in "General" which are hijacked with political arguments will see posts removed without further notice.

Members who cannot comply with our request will risk a posting suspension.

//Closed//