Cabinet okays 9-month visas for foreigners

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

My answer was to a Troll post.

Removed by MODS.

and just some lite info to inform some if needed is that we went to Phuthum Thani immigration late last month to apply for extension of Visit Wife/Famaily visa and was informed to come back on 18th Sept.

But we went today and now they say come back on the 26th September because immigration mentioned we can not apply during Covid/Amnesty period.

So how many people are expected to be at the immigration on the 26th ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

has anyone got more info on how to apply for this and any conditions needed ? i.e countries etc.

ive emailed thai embassy in london and as expected silence

I don't think the UK is on the list

TAT Governor made it clear in this interview that Thai Longstay Company is just one of many agencies that can help foreigners with the STV visa. He also said only countries in the Top 10 of the global COVID19 Index or ones who haven’t had new cases for say 28 days will be allowed

https://covid19.pemandu.org/

30 minutes ago, JeffGroves said:

and just some lite info to inform some if needed is that we went to Phuthum Thani immigration late last month to apply for extension of Visit Wife/Famaily visa and was informed to come back on 18th Sept.

But we went today and now they say come back on the 26th September because immigration mentioned we can not apply during Covid/Amnesty period.

So how many people are expected to be at the immigration on the 26th ?

I must have skipped a few posts, it seems the post I was thinking about wasn't a troll.

Oh well. my bad.

• Like 2

My retirement extension is going to expire before Covid-19 rules will allow me back into Thailand. That means I'll have to start over at immigration when I am allowed back in. I now have to wonder if some other SEA country has simpler to jump thru hoops and deal with their red tape. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I don't think the UK is on the list

TAT Governor made it clear in this interview that Thai Longstay Company is just one of many agencies that can help foreigners with the STV visa. He also said only countries in the Top 10 of the global COVID19 Index or ones who haven’t had new cases for say 28 days will be allowed

https://covid19.pemandu.org/

1200 tourists will be 12

• Like 1

Originally, as I recall, the 14-day quarantine was served at a hotel or location determined by Immigration, unless you had proof of residency(rental contract, ownership of house or condo) and in that case, you could serve the 14 days there. Please tell us the proposed quarantine policy if known.

26 minutes ago, thailen said:

Originally, as I recall, the 14-day quarantine was served at a hotel or location determined by Immigration, unless you had proof of residency(rental contract, ownership of house or condo) and in that case, you could serve the 14 days there. Please tell us the proposed quarantine policy if known.

Looks like gov' quarantine centres or what they call ASQ  hotels only. You pay for both.

ASQ will probably be standard or higher than normal cost as you will pay for tests and room service food etc.

No home isolation or quarantine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

1200 tourists will be 12

Exactly, nobody will be coming with this top 10 countries idea. At most maybe the people in the top 5 countries with CV19 cases could be excluded, this long stay scheme has to involve all countries : test before departure - test on arrival - 14 day ASQ. this is more than sufficient. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

My retirement extension is going to expire before Covid-19 rules will allow me back into Thailand. That means I'll have to start over at immigration when I am allowed back in. I now have to wonder if some other SEA country has simpler to jump thru hoops and deal with their red tape. 

I believe right now all SEA countries have huge hoops and red tape or closed completely. We may have a chance soon to return if they are deciding on this long stay tourist scheme unless you are expiring this month or next.  

1 hour ago, thailen said:

I do believe its ASQ quarantine hotel that you pay. Not going to change. 

And what about for those who holds the visa already? This is my case I'm still stuck in UK I'm hold a non immigrant non-0 with a reentry permit valid until 25 March 2021. 

I also have an apartment where I can carry out my quarantine 

Edited by Russel

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I was also talking about the same people.

My opinion is that you are unlucky, and that will stand.

Nevermind the evidence of all the others.

However, now I also find replying to you constant babble boring. So, have a nice day! Cheers!

yet, you had more to add ...

Nothing has to do with better off. It has do do with applying and showing the right papers ask for by your personal IO. Easy peasy to understand. Now please repeat your version of moaning in another set of words.

The "right papers" which are never the same.  Multiple offices - multiple attempts - different "right papers" in each, and modified per-attempt at some of the same ones.

Are you going to pretend the "right papers" is something that acutally exists, again? 

How many baht do I have in my pocket?  If you guess wrong, hand me 50K Baht, and you get an extension of stay!!

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, stuarty said:

You can't quarantine in your own home.

D'Oh!!!!!!  I know that! My point , which should be obvious, is these idiots are giving people no choice anyway!????

Edited by VBF

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, I have a question. Why would you see it as I am scared of my own shadow, just because I chose to follow laws?

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools (Sir Douglas Bader)

6 hours ago, Russel said:

And what about for those who holds the visa already? This is my case I'm still stuck in UK I'm hold a non immigrant non-0 with a reentry permit valid until 25 March 2021. 

I also have an apartment where I can carry out my quarantine 

You've got a 6 month cushion on your visa yet, I've got 4 1/2. Maybe early in the new year quarantine at your rented or owned condo/apartment will be possible who knows but I doubt it.  ASQ hotels !

5 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Nevermind the evidence of all the others.

yet, you had more to add ...

The "right papers" which are never the same.  Multiple offices - multiple attempts - different "right papers" in each, and modified per-attempt at some of the same ones.

Are you going to pretend the "right papers" is something that acutally exists, again? 

How many baht do I have in my pocket?  If you guess wrong, hand me 50K Baht, and you get an extension of stay!!

That´s really sad reading. I really feel for you. ????????????

4 hours ago, VBF said:

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools (Sir Douglas Bader)

Rules, yes! Laws are totally different. As playing a poker game. There are tens of different rules and ways to play. All are right in their version. However, the game have rules, not laws. That´s what Mr. D. Bader missed, and therefore he is from now sorted in the box of fools.

Will people that have been vaccine against the virus be treated any different? Also does it matter where the vaccine was produced ? Let us know if the vaccine [which is coming very soon] cancels out the need for the 14 days quarantine,and also the 100,000 usd health insurance?