Cabinet okays 9-month visas for foreigners

Jonathan Fairfield

12 hours ago, ericthai said:

You go to immigration and get an extension of stay! 

You can't get an extension before your visa expires, you also can't get an extension if you don't have the required funds for 2 months minimum.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, dubbed by the queen as so many others. ????

Well there's no other way!  Truly deserved - a GREAT man.

Your point, if you even have one, is?

2 hours ago, VBF said:

Well there's no other way!  Truly deserved - a GREAT man.

Your point, if you even have one, is?

Thought I already made that one in the first post you quoted? Just because you do not agree, does not mean there is no point. One man´s rabbit is another woman´s carrot. ????????????????

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, garyk said:

I've been enjoying Mexico since I left Thailand. Fixing to head down to the beaches of Cancun, Tulum, Progresso, and for my big city fix Merida. I have had all of Thai immigration I can handle in my lifetime.

Mexico?? How long will you survive? Quite dangerous there...

On 9/15/2020 at 7:50 PM, andre47 said:

what is closed?

Well here in Samui, lots of hotels, bars, clubs, cafés, restaurants, night entertainment. Most of the bar girls, but not all, seem to have disappeared. Probably gone back home. The clubs that are open aren't busy every night. The beach clubs are quiet now that we are coming into the wet season. Which is another reason not to come to Thailand for a holiday.

Don't get me wrong. Some resorts such as Bangrak and Lamai are ticking over with visiting Thais, and foreigners that are still here in Thailand.

I imagine this is the same for Phuket, Pattaya and other tourist resorts.

More things open in Bangkok, but that is a capital city. 

The lack of tourists has killed most of the party atmosphere in all these holiday destinations.

I can't see the big spenders spending big in this climate. Hardly anywhere open to take their money. Even if they wanted to, the big discounts offered everywhere means they would only spend a percentage of what they would normally do.

On 9/17/2020 at 6:29 AM, garyk said:

I've been enjoying Mexico since I left Thailand. Fixing to head down to the beaches of Cancun, Tulum, Progresso, and for my big city fix Merida. I have had all of Thai immigration I can handle in my lifetime.

Honduras looks interesting and inexpensive, Buenas Dias Gringo....

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 9:44 PM, MadMac said:

And how do they get in? Flights are banned, remember?

I contacted Thai and Singapore Airlines today to try and get a flight back from NZ to Bangkok, Thai office in NZ is closed, diverted to Bangkok, spoke to operator for Thai Airways, she said no flights until November and that may be changed, she said there are no charter flights available and repatriation flights are NA, she said talk to the Embassy, this was for my Thai wife son and me. 

Singapore Airlines said you can fly to Singapore but could not give price until all the paperwork was done and permission obtained from the Embassy, then we would have to go into 14 day quarantine at our expense. 

After that there was no flights available to BK, and no transit flights were available until next year, so very sorry Sir. 

I asked if I could go from Singapore to Thailand by Train, she said, don't think so, so how do you have any hope in Hell of getting on a charter flight, the govt has added that you can come by private Jet, what a circus. 

17 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I contacted Thai and Singapore Airlines today to try and get a flight back from NZ to Bangkok, Thai office in NZ is closed, diverted to Bangkok, spoke to operator for Thai Airways, she said no flights until November and that may be changed, she said there are no charter flights available and repatriation flights are NA, she said talk to the Embassy, this was for my Thai wife son and me. 

Singapore Airlines said you can fly to Singapore but could not give price until all the paperwork was done and permission obtained from the Embassy, then we would have to go into 14 day quarantine at our expense. 

After that there was no flights available to BK, and no transit flights were available until next year, so very sorry Sir. 

I asked if I could go from Singapore to Thailand by Train, she said, don't think so, so how do you have any hope in Hell of getting on a charter flight, the govt has added that you can come by private Jet, what a circus. 

Overland? ????????????????????????????????

On 9/15/2020 at 12:15 PM, tomazbodner said:

That said - some people planned to spend the rest of their lives in Thailand. Why didn't they prepare for it? It's like if you want to have very nice retirement, but you refuse to save up for it, then complain it's everyone else's fault that you now can't enjoy retirement.

Some people did but the steep strength of the Baht (especially of the past 6 years) has blown their plans out of the water

You cannot plan for that just like no one saw this pandemic coming and its implications