Sold car (under power of attorny )

BEVUP

I thought done & dusted months back

Wife rings (has power of attorney)

Paper work completed by Lawyer & signed of by DFAT (aus) & thai embassy (Docs in english )

So now a new story after apparently Toyota transfered Green book & paid us out

NOW (after mths ) wife is saying they want Docs translated to Thai & put her name on the Green book (can't work out why if they settled )

Wife was saying something about me not having long term Visa (that shouldn't matter since I gave her the power since I am out of country )

It's now costing 3000 bht for Translations since the women at (lets say ) Motor Registry cant read English

I know TIT but what the ........

I know not many would of been through this but can anyone make heads or tails of this (bewilders me )

Thanks all

That lack of Visa is exactly what the problem is.

Vehicle needs to be transferred out of your name before it expires or your run into issues like you are having now.

FWIW Ive sold a few cars, never had a lawyer fill out the power of attorney or have DFAT sign anything.

Power of Attorney.

Vehicle transfer form.

copy of visa.

Copy of passport.

residency certificate (or work permit).

Is all that is needed, but I had my Thai missus fill the power or attorney and vehicle transfer and I just signed them.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

Just now, BEVUP said:

Unfortunately that is what is required in Australia (cost me something like $400 

Luckily it is not required in Thailand... not sure why DFAT in Australia are involved.

Should have just signed the paperwork and had your missus (or Thai friend) fill them out like every other foreigner in Thailand does.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Luckily it is not required in Thailand... not sure why DFAT in Australia are involved.

Should have just signed the paperwork and had your missus (or Thai friend) fill them out like every other foreigner in Thailand does.

Lawyer was Notary (not allowed to be JP ) $270

DFAT (i think ) had to berify his credentials, I think $50

Thai embassy stamp $25 + $11 for the money order

To send registered (i think) $25 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

<deleted>..

Yes you were helpful

& thanks for the opinion

It's called (all around the world ) to be able to identify yourself

I had to do this for sons thai/& Auss passport even though I signed the consent sections as Parent 2 since my wife was handling all this in Thailand (had to run down to post office to fill out extra forms)

An unfortunate world system we have !

17 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Yes you were helpful

& thanks for the opinion

It's called (all around the world ) to be able to identify yourself

I had to do this for sons thai/& Auss passport even though I signed the consent sections as Parent 2 since my wife was handling all this in Thailand (had to run down to post office to fill out extra forms)

An unfortunate world system we have !

signed copies of documents is all thats needed to sell a car, it really is not complicated (unless there is no valid visa)........... but your situation is what it is and I hope you get it sorted.

Edited by Don Mega

Thanks to all again

I was following advice from good english speaking Toyota rep I have always dealt with

I,m sure he was trying to ask for copy of Visa but all i could give him was the 30 day visa exempt/exit

As always every situation is different

Unfortunetly it has come to this as I am trying to do many other things 

Just another bill & slight pain

Getting son Auss status & having to work on wife (alot to do ) 

Im sure it will work out  - Step by Step