Two Peruvians Arrested In Thailand For Cocaine Trafficking

george

Two Peruvians arrested in Thailand for cocaine trafficking

BANGKOK: -- Two Peruvians have been arrested at Bangkok's international airport trying to smuggle two kilograms (4.4 pounds) of cocaine hidden in their stomachs, Thai Customs said Saturday.

Customs officers discovered about 250 capsules of the drug, valued at 223,000 dollars, using X-rays and later recovered it from the men's faeces.

Luis Alberto Quispe Pina, 39, and Victor Martin Pulache Paim, 21, who arrived from Buenos Aires via Kuala Lumpur on Friday, have been charged with drug trafficking.

--AFP 2007-04-28

geez..what is something like that worth in monetory terms? I guess a lot for a person to take such a big chance, seeing as i imagine they will be given trial here and jailed in Thailand...meaning a very long time in prison.

..i also dont envy that grotesque job of fishing through someones waste to get the evidence. Not nice. :o

I guess a lot for a person to take such a big chance, seeing as i imagine they will be given trial here and jailed in Thailand...meaning a very long time in prison.

They flew in via KL where they would have been hung if caught.

Customs officers discovered about 250 capsules of the drug, valued at 223,000 dollars, using X-rays and later recovered it from the men's faeces.

Is this the value in the Thai market?....I wonder what is the target....Karokes?, night clubs?....

Customs officers discovered about 250 capsules of the drug, valued at 223,000 dollars,

Aff i think i need my eyes testing. I have no idea why i asked the question regarding money, when its obviously right there. Zzzz.

I wonder what is the target....Karokes?, night clubs?....

Anyone with enough money to pay for it, I would imagine Cocaine is priced well out of reach for 99% of Thai people.

Customers will be Farang expats, tourists and wealthier Thais.

Edited by Maigo6

Anyone with enough money to pay for it, I would imagine Cocaine is priced well out of reach for 99% of Thai people.

The Stella Artois slogan 'reassuringly expensive' springs to mind. When are the governments of the world going to get real and treat drugs as a fiscal issue and not a moral one? - Though I guess no time soon if the wars for oil are any guideline.

Even though, believe me when I tell you that most of the customers are wealthy and medium class thai, followed by farang expats and few tourists, but the majority is thai. Why do you think that clubs like MoS or Mistique got closed?

Is this the value in the Thai market?....I wonder what is the target....Karokes?, night clubs?....

That's the street value for the small consumer. Wholesale is of course a lot less. Target market will be of course mostly upper middle and upper income groups, both Thai and Farang. Many people here enjoy coke, and mostly not your stereotype crack junky whore, but the opposite - people in top positions. Most of the lower level distribution here is done by Africans.

Often it's the young and rich in Thailand... sometimes, even just their appearance gives them away:

youngandrich.jpg

Often it's the young and rich in Thailand... sometimes, even just their appearance gives them away:

youngandrich.jpg

As long as he is wearing his yellow shirt on Mondays, he's a good citizen :o

oakssuppliers.jpg

Luis Alberto Quispe Pina, 39, sitting left, and Victor Martin Pulache Paima, 21, sitting right, both from Peru are shown at a news conference with two unidentified Thai narcotic suppression officials, top, and capsules of cocaine retrieved from their stomachs, after they were arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok, Thailand. A total of 1.9 kilograms (4.2 pounds) of cocaine were hidden in the stomachs of the two Peruvian men when were caught.

AP

-------------------------

Nice of the police to clean up the packaging before putting it on display... and additional bonus points for correct spelling. :o

oakssuppliers.jpg

Luis Alberto Quispe Pina, 39, sitting left, and Victor Martin Pulache Paima, 21, sitting right, both from Peru are shown at a news conference with two unidentified Thai narcotic suppression officials, top, and capsules of cocaine retrieved from their stomachs, after they were arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok, Thailand. A total of 1.9 kilograms (4.2 pounds) of cocaine were hidden in the stomachs of the two Peruvian men when were caught.

AP

-------------------------

Nice of the police to clean up the packaging before putting it on display... and additional bonus points for correct spelling. :D

Probably had enough cocaine to spell "will buy me a new car" in big letters too...but those letters probably got "lost" :o

RAZZ

• 3 weeks later...

r1856629132.jpg

r749524432.jpg

Relatives and friends of Luis Quispe (L) and Victor Martin Pulache hold their pictures at a protest demanding for a fair trial, in front of the embassy of Thailand in Lima, Peru. Quispe and Pulache were arrested at Thailand's main airport in Bangkok in April with capsules of cocaine in their stomachs. The placard reads: "We ask for a fair trial and no to the death penalty".

REUTERS

Edited by sriracha john

geez..what is something like that worth in monetory terms? I guess a lot for a person to take such a big chance, seeing as i imagine they will be given trial here and jailed in Thailand...meaning a very long time in prison.

..i also dont envy that grotesque job of fishing through someones waste to get the evidence. Not nice. :o

They may assign one of the vollunteer farang tourist police that job.