60 day family at Chiang Mai very easy today.

Britman, can you list the documents that you supplied? I also have never done a TM30 and never been asked for one and of course I never would even know about it except for Thaivisa. I have an expired rental contract which I'm trying to remedy before Monday and no signature or ID card from landlady and may not be able to get one. The other stuff I have: Kor Ror 2, marriage cert., wife, etc....

thanks!

13 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

I also have never done a TM30 and never been asked for one and of course I never would even know about it except for Thaivisa. I have an expired rental contract which I'm trying to remedy before Monday and no signature or ID card from landlady and may not be able to get one.

I just PM-ed you some information on TM-30.  You might still be able to register on-line and subsequently file the TM-30.

Edited by Peter Denis

Hi Peter, yes you've been great, thank you. Britman seems to have needed less than what is in your list, however. That's why I asked him. And no TM30. I know I can register online thanks to your very thorough email and I will do that. But if it doesn't come through by Monday I will be without one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pgthompson said:
Just a heads up, went to CM immigration Thursday for 60 day extension, Non O based on marriage dated to December but as I couldn't leave the Country, expired June.
Set of documents, there was an earlier report that they wanted 2 but I only submitted 1 as the person at Information said that's all I needed, he also stated that a Kor 2 was also needed, this was last week.
Turned up at 10am, was met by a polite lady at information, she checked my paperwork and then gave me a ticket.
Was called at 10.45 to another pleasant immigration officer and got stamped until 26th November, she gave me back the Kor2 stating it wasn't needed but to hold on to it and do a copy as I'll need it for the yearly extension in November, I asked her if it would still be valid as it's dated 16th September, she said no problem.

Thanks for the report.

When applying for the 1-year extension of stay, be aware that you cannot use the +40K monthly income transfer method unless you can provide evidence that you have transferred +40K (with foreign origins proven) during each and every of the TWELVE months preceding your application.

If you are a UK, US or Australian citizen and not able to meet the above requirements, you would need to make use of the +400K funds-in-bank method.  You do not need to provide evidence of the origins or source of the 400K funds, but you DO need to show that the funds have been on your PERSONAL Thai bank-account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted) for TWO months at the moment of application.  So that means that those funds need to be on your account early next week, so that you can do your application for the 1-year extension of stay 2-3 days before expiry of your 26 Nov permission to stay date (which will allow you to get hold of any missing documents or additional evidence needed when applying for the 1-year extension of stay).

Success! 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, pgthompson said:
Just a heads up, went to CM immigration Thursday for 60 day extension, Non O based on marriage dated to December but as I couldn't leave the Country, expired June.
Set of documents, there was an earlier report that they wanted 2 but I only submitted 1 as the person at Information said that's all I needed, he also stated that a Kor 2 was also needed, this was last week.
Turned up at 10am, was met by a polite lady at information, she checked my paperwork and then gave me a ticket.
Was called at 10.45 to another pleasant immigration officer and got stamped until 26th November, she gave me back the Kor2 stating it wasn't needed but to hold on to it and do a copy as I'll need it for the yearly extension in November, I asked her if it would still be valid as it's dated 16th September, she said no problem.

pgthompson....what all did you submit, may I ask? Thank you! I know I'm rather flogging the dead horse here as it's been stated many times but...it always seems each individual has an individual story...in this part of the world

Edited by bamboozled
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bamboozled said:

pgthompson....what all did you submit, may I ask? Thank you!

TM7 and other papers relating to overstay and terms and conditions

Copy of wedding certificate

Copy of daughter's birth certificate

Copy of passport, main page, visa, latest stamp and departure card showing the bar code.

Copy of wife's ID card, house book showing the main page and wife's and daughter's entry

Kor 2, which was not needed

I took the originals as well but was not asked for them.

Oh, and 1900 baht!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If you are a UK, US or Australian citizen and not able to meet the above requirements, you would need to make use of the +400K funds-in-bank method.  You do not need to provide evidence of the origins or source of the 400K funds, but you DO need to show that the funds have been on your PERSONAL Thai bank-account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted) for TWO months at the moment of application.  So that means that those funds need to be on your account early next week, so that you can do your application for the 1-year extension of stay 2-3 days before expiry of your 26 Nov permission to stay date (which will allow you to get hold of any missing documents or additional evidence needed when applying for the 1-year extension of stay).

Success! 

@pgthompson > Just read in your post re 60-day extension of stay application that you provided

>>> Copy of daughter's birth certificate

In case you are not aware - when applying for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of having Thai dependant child(ren), there is NO need to season the 400K funds-in-bank for two months.  You would only need to show that the funds are on your Thai bank-account at the moment of application. 

And you would need to keep them there for 3-4 weeks during the 'under consideration period', but once you get the 1-year permission to stay stamp in your passport, you are free to use the funds as you please.

When considering to apply for reason of Thai dependent child(ren), do check whether there are any other requirements that need to be met when applying for that reason (e.g. school certificate).  There have also been some reports of applicants that did not need to season the 400K for two months even when applying for reason of marriage, when they had Thai dependent children.  But in that case it is recommended to enquire beforehand at your IO about their policy for such application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, pgthompson said:

TM7 and other papers relating to overstay and terms and conditions

Copy of wedding certificate

Copy of daughter's birth certificate

Copy of passport, main page, visa, latest stamp and departure card showing the bar code.

Copy of wife's ID card, house book showing the main page and wife's and daughter's entry

Kor 2, which was not needed

I took the originals as well but was not asked for them.

Oh, and 1900 baht!

Thanks so much. Hmm, so no TM30, yes? House book...this is the house where you live or is it your wife's house book just confirming her ID? And no contract showing where you live? Questions about the landlord's/landlady's ID was never part of the equation? I assume the income the owner of my house makes from the rent is not recorded and they don't want any governmental agencies sniffing around. Maybe it doesn't matter in Thailand and I'm off on the wrong track but politicians in the US have gone down just for paying a cleaning lady under the table.

I'm missing some documents pertaining to my rental house....expired contract (though we've been here 5 years) and so far, no landlady ID nor housebook and no TM30. Thus my Spanish Inquisition of your journey.

Cheers!

Edited by bamboozled
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

@pgthompson > Just read in your post re 60-day extension of stay application that you provided

>>> Copy of daughter's birth certificate

In case you are not aware - when applying for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of having Thai dependant child(ren), there is NO need to season the 400K funds-in-bank for two months.  You would only need to show that the funds are on your Thai bank-account at the moment of application. 

And you would need to keep them there for 3-4 weeks during the 'under consideration period', but once you get the 1-year permission to stay stamp in your passport, you are free to use the funds as you please.

When considering to apply for reason of Thai dependent child(ren), do check whether there are any other requirements that need to be met when applying for that reason (e.g. school certificate).  There have also been some reports of applicants that did not need to season the 400K for two months even when applying for reason of marriage, when they had Thai dependent children.  But in that case it is recommended to enquire beforehand at your IO about their policy for such application.

I did ask about that over a week ago and the immigration officer told me because my Visa from HCMC had a hand written note over it saying it was issued for marriage to (wifes name) I couldn't do that.

I transferred the funds a couple of weeks ago, at 41.65 baht, still a massive loss to what I used to get when I first came to Thailand but needs must.

Many thanks for yours and Ubonjoe input on many visa questions, I'm sure I speak for a hell of a lot of people of the value of both your answers.

• Thanks 1

I am on visa retirement renew last week in at chaeng vatana immigration bangkok . only harasment there more then THOUSAND waiting every day for visa renew  they check every thing ...tm 30... bank account... no mercy if something is missing.... no visa then ....

had to use visa service centre for my renew . done in 3 days then.. no harasment... paid of course visa service fees for it ....but every thing done quickly speedy....no doc needed ever ...all done by courrier service

6 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Thanks so much. Hmm, so no TM30, yes? House book...this is the house where you live or is it your wife's house book just confirming her ID? And no contract showing where you live? Questions about the landlord's/landlady's ID was never part of the equation? I assume the income the owner of my house makes from the rent is not recorded and they don't want any governmental agencies sniffing around. Maybe it doesn't matter in Thailand and I'm off on the wrong track but politicians in the US have gone down just for paying a cleaning lady under the table.

I'm missing some documents pertaining to my rental house....expired contract (though we've been here 5 years) and so far, no landlady ID nor housebook and no TM30. Thus my Spanish Inquisition of your journey.

Cheers!

Hi mate,

They didn't ask me about the TM30, but I do that online so I presume it's in the system, a friend of mine did his 60 day extension last month and was fined 1600 baht because he'd never done one in the past 15 years, he also had to go to the Amphur for his Kor2, same immigration office but different officers, so it could be a luck of the draw!

We have a mortgage so The wife has the Black book with her name and daughter in it, I have a Yellow book with just my name in it.

• Like 2

Thanks pgthompson. Your situation is a little diff than mine but as Britman initially posted, he didn't have a TM30 and didn't get fined. I guess it it's just a question of 1600 baht fine, not a huge deal. But I still think I must get the ID of the landlady and the house book for this rental house. My wife feels the landlady was not so keen when we asked for that. I did just register online to do a TM30 but again, with some missing info. We'll see how that goes. I appreciate you taking the time to explain things. Cheers again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

When considering to apply for reason of Thai dependent child(ren), do check whether there are any other requirements that need to be met when applying for that reason (e.g. school certificate). 

CM never ever has asked me for this, but they do want to know where the kids study at and do write that down. They also want a copy of the kids ID, and you should have them sign it. As for having the kids at that particular time with you, I in over 14 years of switching and doing this particular visa have never brought my kids. The wife or mom is a must for smooth sailing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

Thanks pgthompson. Your situation is a little diff than mine but as Britman initially posted, he didn't have a TM30 and didn't get fined. I guess it it's just a question of 1600 baht fine, not a huge deal. But I still think I must get the ID of the landlady and the house book for this rental house. My wife feels the landlady was not so keen when we asked for that. I did just register online to do a TM30 but again, with some missing info. We'll see how that goes. I appreciate you taking the time to explain things. Cheers again!

Your landlord needs to know that if you list that address as your home then if he/she does not inform the immigration of you staying there, then he/she has the possibility to have a visit from them and then be fined. Bad scenario for all involved. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

What a bummer that CM does not accept the transfers you made, because there are IOs that do honor the 'average of 40K monthly" as the regulations prescribe. 

I have not heard of this in practice - though it is what the rules say.  Which offices accept "average" income?  Maybe only if also have an embassy-letter, and even then only at select offices?

18 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Luckily, this wasn't my only route to getting an extension, but annoyed at having to shift 400,000 over now at poor exchange rates.  Forever hopeful of Thai baht weakening ????

Another Brit, trying to use the income method was also rejected for not having the proof of source, & his income was well over 40,000 per month, every month.

Rental incomes, foreign-business income, investment-account income, etc May Be Rejected as "invalid" income - to spite Proven Foreign Transfers in excess of the minimum.

This, in combination with their acceptance of faked-money agent-applications, proves they do not care if you "really have the income" - they only care if they can block you getting the extension w/o an agent-envelope, to line their pockets.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JackThompson said:
20 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

What a bummer that CM does not accept the transfers you made, because there are IOs that do honor the 'average of 40K monthly" as the regulations prescribe. 

I have not heard of this in practice - though it is what the rules say.  Which offices accept "average" income?  Maybe only if also have an embassy-letter, and even then only at select offices?

A Non Imm O-A Visa holder whose permission to stay expired during the Amnesty, enquired at SiSaKet IO about his options.  As he was not able to meet the 800K funds-in-bank requirement nor the +65K monthly income transfers, an extension for reason of marriage would be indicated.  But as he was on a Village marriage, and not on an official Thai marriage, he had to regularize that Thai marriage as a first step.  Once he has done this, he will now be able to apply for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage.  And SiSaKet IO confirmed that him having transferred +480K over the past 12 months would be accepted, as proof of meeting the financial requirements for that 1-year extension of stay, even though there were months where he did not meet the +40K monthly tresshold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Your landlord needs to know that if you list that address as your home then if he/she does not inform the immigration of you staying there, then he/she has he possibility to have a visit from them and then be fined. Bad scenario for all involved. 

Thanks for the heads-up.

5 hours ago, bamboozled said:

The fine is for the landlord to pay, not you. They should have done a TM30 within 24 hours of you arriving.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 7:08 PM, Yorkshire Tea said:

Luckily, this wasn't my only route to getting an extension, but annoyed at having to shift 400,000 over now at poor exchange rates.  Forever hopeful of Thai baht weakening ????

Another Brit, trying to use the income method was also rejected for not having the proof of source, & his income was well over 40,000 per month, every month.

don't wait for THB to weaken it'll never happen. Euro & somewhat punds had their spike in last few months. Now it's all due to go downhill again so you missed your boat i'm afraid ???? I'd advise you to tx sooner than later...check the history...

• Haha 1

Just got my 60 day extension for visiting Thai wife stamp at Chiang Mai immigration. The downloaded from the internet, 2-page TM7 form I had filled out was not correct. Had to fill in a newer 4 page form. Had to go around back and copy every page in my passport as every page has a stamp or more relating to Thailand. That wasn't a problem as there was no line but who'd have thought? Also had to get a receipt for the TM30 that I had done online. I had a printed out copy of a screen shot of mine but no receipt. Did not cost anything. There are a lot of volunteer foreigners helping out front who speak great English. My helper was from the Philippines and knew his stuff. The whole thing took about 1.5 hours. Many thanks to Peter Denis! And all the other folks who have put up info....Cheers!

Edited by bamboozled
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Had to go around back and copy every page in my passport as every page has a stamp or more relating to Thailand.

Odd that because on Friday they just wanted my ID page, and my last entry/VISA page (2 pages in total).

I didn't have a TM30 either.

Thinking you got one of the 'helpers' at the front giving you misinformation.

Edited by BritManToo

...And thank you, too, BritmanToo, for your original post. I also thought maybe he was misinformed but another guy had already been required to present all pages, at least that's what the story was. The photocopy ladies seemed to know exactly what was needed. And the officer who processed my stuff did not scoff at them nor return them. And it was every page in my double passport since after almost 10 years there are a lot of stamps. Pages that surely no one will ever look at. But anyway, I got the new stamp. Now for some seasoning!

Edited by bamboozled