Ok, had enough. Where can I go in SE Asia?

CG1 Blue

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

Where would you recommend in Mexico? I've been to Mexico a couple of times. Cancun with a gf, and Playa Del Carmen with my daughter. 

It depends what your looking for?

City life

Beach life

Deserts 

Jungles and pyramids..

Cheap living

Expensive living

2 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

It depends what your looking for?

City life

Beach life

Deserts 

Jungles and pyramids..

Cheap living

Expensive living

Beach life I guess, at this time of year. Jungle stuff would be a bonus. Seen enough pyramids. Budget not really an issue. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Cambodia is open but it's a hefty deposit with a quarantine prior to releasing you into the wild. $2000 deposit plus insurance required too.

Good to know, thanks. Do you know how long the quarantine is for? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Agree, but I'm not willing to trash my entire life for a virus

The thing is that now days it's not up to us where to go, Covid  detect us where we can go and what we do, and so it shall remain until a vaccine will be found...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Where would you recommend in Mexico? I've been to Mexico a couple of times. Cancun with a gf, and Playa Del Carmen with my daughter. 

Cancun is the most popular area but I would recommend the west coast because it's less popular.  Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta or Ixtapa.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

Firstly you need a country that you won't have to quarantine for 2 weeks when returning to UK...however they seem to be adding so many at short notice it's hit and miss. SE Asia dosnt offer anywhere at present. Some parts of Greece are still OK to visit, still warm enough but it's not the tropics and although Greek food is wonderful, maybe not what you are looking for.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, baansgr said:

Firstly you need a country that you won't have to quarantine for 2 weeks when returning to UK...however they seem to be adding so many at short notice it's hit and miss. SE Asia dosnt offer anywhere at present. Some parts of Greece are still OK to visit, still warm enough but it's not the tropics and although Greek food is wonderful, maybe not what you are looking for.

Last week the UK removed Thailand and Singapore from the quarantine list. Fat lot of good that is when it's not reciprocal though. 

Greece is an option, yes. 

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

I hear ya, but probably best to sit tight while the second wave does its thing. All a bit risky booking flights even for sanctioned places... one could end up quarantining out and in!

What about the 3rd wave,  4th Wave, 5th Wave .Its here and its not going away.

Cambodia has a 14 self isolation, as said before, you need to deposit 2000.00USD upon arrival . You also need to buy the health insurance policy for 90.00 as well. I've been looking at The Dominican Republic for a trip, There is no test to enter, and no quarantine either. Plus the government is offering free health insurance to tourists for Covid 19. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

Cambodia has a 14 self isolation, as said before, you need to deposit 2000.00USD upon arrival . You also need to buy the health insurance policy for 90.00 as well. I've been looking at The Dominican Republic for a trip, There is no test to enter, and no quarantine either. Plus the government is offering free health insurance to tourists for Covid 19. 

Never been there, might take a look. I'll be checking the weather first - as I assume they have a hurricane season, being in that neck of the woods.