Pics of puss-filled pork prompt action from PM’s Office

snoop1130

Pics of puss-filled pork prompt action from PM’s Office

By The Nation

800_e8202a3333acbb6.jpg

An investigation has been launched after a Tak resident cut into a joint of cooked pork only to find it was riddled with a puss-filled abscess.

Thanakarn Singhbut reported the case to Mae Sot police station after she bought pork from a local shop and made the disgusting discovery.

After photos of the offending meat went viral online, the Prime Minister’s Office ordered the Consumer Protection Board to investigate the shop.

PM’s Office Minister Anucha Nakasai said the case would be used to highlight new consumer protection measures.

The new measures feature an online platform where consumers can check a database of products for safety and get their complaints and queries answered quickly.

Full Story: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394955

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-22

Pus in pork not a sign of disease, insists official

By THE NATION

800_0a6ee760c75db93.jpg?v=1600792876

Suchat Boonmak, a livestock official from Mae Sot district, insisted that the pus-filled abscess found in pork recently was not the evidence of pig-related disease but the effect of vaccination.

Recently, Tak-native Thanakarn Singhbut, 32, found pus in pork she had bought recently and posted photographs of it online, which later went viral.

Suchat said the meat was safe to consume if the pus-filled area was cut off. However, Thanakarn cooked the pork after cutting out the pus-filled areas.

Investigation shows that the meat came from a certified farm and slaughterhouse.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394957

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-23

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, johng said:

How about being able to name and shame shoddy business without fear of a defamation lawsuit ?

i agree.. i would think that (and recognize that this is thailand and they have their own laws etc etc) that so long as formal charges are brought, then it should be fair game for public disclosure and open discussion... that to me seem fair and balanced, as i do think the accused should have some form of protection from as-of-yet unproven allegations.

I am surprised posters did not seize on the misspelling. Personally, as a cat lover, I was horrified and feared to find cats were being ground up into sausages. And relieved to find not so. But knowing the minds of many TVF members I expected them to take a different track...

Seriously, in any case it is always essential to thoroughly cook pork and pork products before eating.