So Nobody Using Truphone Here?

steffi

I ask because I need to make some calls to the US to dispute some check card charges. BTW: BoA makes it very difficult to do this for good reason. Tried already and because I ran out of prepaid minutes even though I have successfully identified all charges they still didn't process the claim.

I just need some reliable free wifi for a while with Voip ports open.

"reliable free wifi" I'm not sure that exists. I have satellite internet in my home and at best it is equal to dial up in the USA. The university I work has great wireless but I can't manage to stay connected for more that 10 minutes without re-connecting.

• 4 months later...

Personally, I love truphone when I get the chance to use it. Doesn't work at Starbucks even if you can complete the login process, I assume they've blocked some port, I can hear a conversation but they can't hear me. Haven't tried it on public True yet, but in my office it works excellent on True, can practically hear a pin drop.

Reimar - the wifi at Suvarnabhumi is very, very erratic. It works one minute, then fails the next. I go through this every time I pass through the airport. Plus, it also doesn't allow secure connections, meaning I can't download company email.

Yeah again ports blocked

Personally, I love truphone when I get the chance to use it. Doesn't work at Starbucks even if you can complete the login process, I assume they've blocked some port, I can hear a conversation but they can't hear me. Haven't tried it on public True yet, but in my office it works excellent on True, can practically hear a pin drop.

Reimar - the wifi at Suvarnabhumi is very, very erratic. It works one minute, then fails the next. I go through this every time I pass through the airport. Plus, it also doesn't allow secure connections, meaning I can't download company email.

I ask because I need to make some calls to the US to dispute some check card charges. BTW: BoA makes it very difficult to do this for good reason. Tried already and because I ran out of prepaid minutes even though I have successfully identified all charges they still didn't process the claim.

I just need some reliable free wifi for a while with Voip ports open.

Use your home internet to do it, surely you have internet at home?