Initial STV Application Instruction from Thailand Longstay Company

7 minutes ago, Dan O said:

It's just like all visas, fee is collected when you apply and there is no guarantee of receiving approval.

That fee is not for the visa but for the service of coordinating the information and processing paperwork and acting as an intermediary. If you reach this point without being denied and you do all your documents correctly there should be any issues but there is no guarantee.

If you don't qualify due to your country of origin, over quota or if there is some other issue in Thailand that prevents your qualification you will be denied before you ever get a chance to receive the application, or any of the other information about transport, insurance ASQ etc. you are not committed to move forward and pay unless you choose your service and make those arrangements, at least as it's written currently 

10.000 just for the application fee ?? Wow. I mean, this is typical Asia game. The corruption will never go on withouth agency. 

What kind of welcome is this ?? I am stunned.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, alianware said:

Their intention is so clear to monople hotel to boost up the economy with one side policy. How many hotels do they have in Thailand ? A lot !. And which hotel they choose ? The one with the big price. 

I think the problem is that they believe that only people who would spend much money for hotel, those would be the one who could boost the economy.

Honestly , i think they are wrong, because most people who doesn't prioritize expensive hotels give money more and travel more. And these people combined are more than single rich tourists. They need more western tourists for their economy.

I think there intention is multi-fold. They need to restart tourism in a safe and controlled way so the virus does not overrun the country as they open. The only way to do that is control the process of entry and quarantine. There are many smaller hotels on the ASQ list, not just large resorts or hotels. Unfortuneately many small hotels may not be financially capable to meet the criteria to become an ASQ qualified location at the on set.  

Again, this thread isn't intended to bash Thailand, the situations with internal tourist or longer term stay and the issues that arise from that. The thread is to try to help provide information to people stuck outside Thailand and trying to get back. There's plenty of other threads for those complaints  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

3.      After receiving approval from the Thai Immigration Bureau, the applicant will have to pay the application fee and the company will send the applicant the STV Visa application form and the company will correspond with the applicant regarding:

-accommodation options and requirements after the 15 days quarantine (minimum stay of 15 days) [Total minimum stay of 30 days including the 15 day quarantine]
------------------------
It looks like after a 15 day quarantine a tourist will not be allowed to roam freely around the country. They must stay in reserved accommodation and its possible that the accommodations allowed are going to be restricted too. Doesn't look like much fun for a typical tourist.

And curious how they will enforce a minimum stay of 30 days. I don't think that could possibly be legal.

if it comes to money, i don't think that they care about legality.  

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

3.      After receiving approval from the Thai Immigration Bureau, the applicant will have to pay the application fee and the company will send the applicant the STV Visa application form and the company will correspond with the applicant regarding:

-accommodation options and requirements after the 15 days quarantine (minimum stay of 15 days) [Total minimum stay of 30 days including the 15 day quarantine]
------------------------
It looks like after a 15 day quarantine a tourist will not be allowed to roam freely around the country. They must stay in reserved accommodation and its possible that the accommodations allowed are going to be restricted too. Doesn't look like much fun for a typical tourist.

And curious how they will enforce a minimum stay of 30 days. I don't think that could possibly be legal.

No the information I provided indicates that after the quarantine period you are released to travel wherever. I believe that is partially why the are mentioning a GPS bracelet or phone tracking. The visa is for 90 days but they are "recommending" a minimum of 30 days and require at least right now only the commitment of pre-booking the the ASQ for quarantine and the next 15 days of accomodation unless you have a home or condo and provide proof. 

this visa isn't intended for the short stay tourist, thats why it's a 90 day with 2 90 day extensions available

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I think there intention is multi-fold. They need to restart tourism in a safe and controlled way so the virus does not overrun the country as they open. The only way to do that is control the process of entry and quarantine. There are many smaller hotels on the ASQ list, not just large resorts or hotels. Unfortuneately many small hotels may not be financially capable to meet the criteria to become an ASQ qualified location at the on set.  

Again, this thread isn't intended to bash Thailand, the situations with internal tourist or longer term stay and the issues that arise from that. The thread is to try to help provide information to people stuck outside Thailand and trying to get back. There's plenty of other threads for those complaints  

I am agree if they want to restart to open in a safe way. But they should make it more human beeing and easy. 

Selective is good but must also fairly. People from western most have money, which they don't need to worry about that. A lot of them have condo, house and villas in Thailand. 

The living cost in western countries is much more expensive than Thailand. So money is not the big problem.

What they need to worry is the way how they introduce their idea which is much more matter.

Edited by alianware
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Wet dreams. Or just go to Cambodia, Vietnam or Myanmar. Many options.

I think you'll have equal or more difficult issues getting into those countries right now. 

But this thread is about trying to help those that want to get back into Thailand if possible. There's plenty of other threads for bitching and complaining

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dan O said:

But this thread is about trying to help those that want to get back into Thailand if possible. There's plenty of other threads for bitching and complaining

Thanks for your hard work to make this thread more serious - I hope the worst of the complainers stay away, so this thread does not get polluted too.

I hope the STV succeed and will be the first step to a more open Thailand - and I hope that we will not see some idiot breaking quarantine and then test positive; that would effectively close up the borders again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan O said:

Application Procedure for Special Tourist Visa (STV)

1.      A foreign applicant must e-mail Thailand Longstay Company ([email protected]) to submit his/her intention to apply for the Special Tourist Visa (STV).

Interesting that this isn't a Thai government immigration address.  Is this becoming the CV sideline for a few officials?

Thanks for posting the requirements. This will appeal to some hundreds or perhaps even thousands of people who for one reason or another have not fallen into the existing categories of those allowed into Thailand. From other FB and WhatsUp threads there appears to be a demand, though the eventual steep price, when it becomes clear, may deter some; for my own part, it's not worth the cost and effort that this channel appears to offer, so I shall continue to bide my time abroad. 

Edited by Pottinger
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Thanks for posting the requirements. This will appeal to some hundreds or perhaps even thousands of people who for one reason or another have not fallen into the existing categories of those allowed into Thailand. From other FB and WhatsUp threads there appears to be a demand, though the eventual steep price, when it becomes clear, may deter some; for my own part, it's not worth the cost and effort that this channel appears to offer, so I shall continue to bide my time abroad. 

Yes is a start I suppose. Only 1200 a month is so tiny though. Won't help tourism one iota. At least they'll satisfy themselves that bringing in people from safe countries and with testing will not cause a 2nd wave and give those who want to jump through such hoops the chance to return for 3-6 months.

I'd consider except need to come back to Sydney 1st quarter next year as son and partner having their first child. Costs and return to Sydney prohibitive. Kinda hoping they review again early November to see if I can get back for a few months then. So frustrating, but then many people in much worse situations.

Attached is a table I compiled on the weekend from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ which is the data source used by the media. I just applied populations to show the disparities of Covid between "safe" countries and others. I've included Australia as a "safe country" as believe Victoria has turned the corner.. like a double decker bus with a melodramatic clown at the wheel.

So for an Aussie coming to Thailand, there's about 1 in 10,000 chance they'll have Covid, that will soon be 1 in 20,000 then they have to get through the test 3 days prior, and upon arrival and then quarantine. Can't see a second wave if Thailand brings in 1200 people per month from safe countries under these conditions.

They could open it up more and hope they do as vaccine news warms up. But this year is looking doubtful.

Cases in safe countries.xls

Edited by Donga

9 hours ago, alianware said:

I am still confused about this 72 hours medical certificate and fit to fly. 

So, as i understand :

1. Contact the company via email

2. Fill the form and send the hotel booking, flight ticket, and insurance proof via email.

3. Wait until CEO confirm and after that go to health test covig19 in origin country and wait some day until the result comes out.

4. Go to embasy in origin country to show covig result and get from CEO paper

5. Ready to fly

Is this correct ?? 

And what is this 10000 bath application fee for ? I am not interested in special promotion or package. 

Thanks.

Everything is about making as much money as possible for everyone. That includes the company in charge, the ASQ-hotel and also the connected hospital in Thailand. Don't forget the airline ticket which won't be cheap. The 10,000 baht application fee is probably the cheapest cost of all. It seems one requirement is missing, the proof of funds enough for at least 90 days. To me it looks like the old list for the suggested Phuket model which was a 30 days minimum trip. The STV is supposed to be a 90 days minimum trip which is extendable twice. 

3 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Interesting that this isn't a Thai government immigration address.  Is this becoming the CV sideline for a few officials?

Why would immigration have anything to do with this? They are not a tourist company. Think of them as the police instead. But only within Thai borders. 

6 hours ago, ehgnyc said:

If any rich tourist really does take part in this, they are going to be very disappointed. They will not be arriving in the happy fun Thailand they're imagining. I'm on Samui. It's a ghost town. It's not going to be hard to keep the tourists in their resorts because there are few other places to go, and those are barely hanging on. And even the most insensitive tourist will not be able to miss that the locals are sad and frightened. Not a good look.

"locals are sad and frightened. Not a good look."

Come to Pattaya/Jomtien,then. No locals have big money, but looking sad or/and frightened is not the case. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dan O said:

The way I was told is you do the items from #1 : pic of passport, and name, home location , and closest embassy. Longstay company sends that for initial approval or denial, based on your information and country location.

If accepted that just allows you to receive the application for the STV. After they receive the application it is again submitted for semi-approval, (its not final at this point but very promising) and they supply you with the flight, ASQ info, insurance info etc.  After you choose the hotel, flight, insurance etc, and pay for those you send those documents back to Long stay Company. They then get another level of confirmation that you are on track with document process and send your info to embassy for COE and Visa to be issued.

At this point you need to get the Fit to Fly and Covid test within 3 days of departure, they are a little vague here because the final regs have not yet been approved.   

The 10,000 baht fee is the Longstay Company fee. You still have to pay for the Visa direct thru the Embassy. you have no option here from what they told me as the STV visa is only available thru approved Travel Agencies which Longstay is one and there may be others.  

Again, all of this is the beginning point info and parts or all may change or be added after the final rule is approved and published. 

To me, the list look like the requirements for the suggested Phuket model which was binned. The requirements that was presented last week or so was tougher incl proof of funds, proper funds for at least 90 days and they mentioned 5 star hotels in Bkk only. Maybe they realized that it wasn't doable. 

still NO info on flight costs and how the 100/flight will get to Bangkok ( via from where?)
how many airlines are willing to operate at a loss as flying 100 passengers is hardly even breaking even
OR cost for the 15 night stay and at which hotel and are the hotels ONLY in Bangkok?

Edited by zzzzz

10 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why would immigration have anything to do with this? They are not a tourist company. Think of them as the police instead. But only within Thai borders. 

I'm not an applicant, nor will I be.  There's a lot of quirky news about the newly proposed/offered STV.  One would assume that an application or inquiry could be discussed directly with one's local Thai embassy/consulate.  I'm guessing it would follow suit with a repatriation flight request (until international flights resume).  That's why it's a bit odd, to be paying for the service of the "Thailand Longstay Company".   

It gives the same greasy feeling, I had, when I was directed to book and pay for my repatriation flight, through an "appointed agent" in Bangkok, at 3-4 times the going rate, that the flight booked directly with the same airline would have been.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For some retirees this might be the only option to get back to Thailand for a while, there is no indication when Thailand will open for them, at least this would get you in for 270 days, i can see it being used assuming you are from a country that fits the rules, looks like most of Europe wont be on the list,

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

how many airlines are willing to operate at a loss as flying 100 passengers is hardly even breaking even

12 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

That's why it's a bit odd, to be paying for the service of the "Thailand Longstay Company".   

No airline is willing to operate at a loss; and they are not asked to. Thailand wants the visitors to use chartered flights because there virtually are no scheduled flights at the moment.

The demand to use an agent like Thailand Longstay Company is because of this (and maybe for other reasons too). The agent will arrange a chartered flight and all other practical matters.

Edited by farang51
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Farangstyle said:

No doubt this process will change as all things Thai Government seem to do but this was forwarded to my by a Thai friend yesterday.

As the title of the infographic says, it is a draft and it is for this reason that it will change. Nothing to do with your deprecating comment about "all things Thai Government seems to do".

6 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

What does a CV (curriculum vitae) have to do with all this?

9 hours ago, tabbycat said:

You hear any news about foreigners being able to stay and quarantine in their own homes if they can provide evidence, for example, home ownership documents? They had announced this in the initial infamous infographic that we saw across the media but it seems that they have quietly removed that option and are forcing everyone to stay in ASQ, which is going to be a dealbreaker for anyone else in this kind of situation.

Forcing homeowners to pay the equivalent of a months worth of rent++ to stay for 14 days in some obscure hotel rather than their own home is not going to go down well with anyone

What is so difficult to understand about this? Do you want to pay a couple policemen guarding your condo instead?

It should be pretty obvious that you can't trust people to keep their quarantine requirements so how do you want to let people stay at their own home? Use public elevators etc. You think other condo owners/occupants and building management want you in their building?

6 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Thanks for posting the requirements.

It is important to note that these are not the actual requirements, just a draft of them, and the OP made this quite clear. 

If it is the intention to put the STV into effect on 1 October 2020 as I read somewhere, whatever government agencies and private organisations are in charge of this had better hurry. 

• Like 2

Good info, thanks for it. This is way better option than applying Elite visa and still go through ASQ and everything else. Some of my friends will go for this once all the details are out.

What's the FB group where is recent information coming to Thailand?