Rugby World Cup 2007

Wilko out for England's opener. Shouldn't stop an easy victory against USA on Saturday but sure as he__ll hope he's back for the SA game as Barkley is a pile of poo in comparison at 10.

For my money favourites for the Cup in order are

NZ

France

Oz

Boks

Ireland

England

Argentina

Wales

Well not much point in going lower. Probably not worth looking past top 3.

Terrible to see England so far down the ladder but hopefully they'll beat SA next week, top the group, beat Wales in th quarters and fluke it through the next 2 games to retain the CUp :D . Unlikely but one can hope.

Big question for me is will the Kiwis choke yet again. :o Undoubtedly the best side in the world but nowhere near as intimidating as they were last year. France can beat anyone at home and you can never write of the Aussies.

I think SA are overrated but they will still in all likelihood beat England in the group game.

Would like to see Ireland do well but same goes for Argentina. Both deserve a 1/4 final space but assuming France go through there is only the one spot. Ireland V Argentina and England v SA definitely pick of the group games.

That's my two penneth worth.

Can't wait

Vive le rugby

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilko out for England's opener. Shouldn't stop an easy victory against USA on Saturday but sure as he__ll hope he's back for the SA game as Barkley is a pile of poo in comparison at 10.

For my money favourites for the Cup in order are

NZ

France

Oz

Boks

Ireland

England

Argentina

Wales

Well not much point in going lower. Probably not worth looking past top 3.

Terrible to see England so far down the ladder but hopefully they'll beat SA next week, top the group, beat Wales in th quarters and fluke it through the next 2 games to retain the CUp :D . Unlikely but one can hope.

Big question for me is will the Kiwis choke yet again. :D Undoubtedly the best side in the world but nowhere near as intimidating as they were last year. France can beat anyone at home and you can never write of the Aussies.

I think SA are overrated but they will still in all likelihood beat England in the group game.

Would like to see Ireland do well but same goes for Argentina. Both deserve a 1/4 final space but assuming France go through there is only the one spot. Ireland V Argentina and England v SA definitely pick of the group games.

That's my two penneth worth.

Can't wait

Vive le rugby

so nice of you to drop in MB :o

My List as follows

NZ

SA

France

OZ

sorry MB England isnt rated in the top 4, due to their recent performance against France, and patchy perfomances overall in the past 12 months

NZ have most bases covered so in my book the chokers title isnt a factor esp as they are coming into some form from the last 2 internationals as far as playing consistantly and as a unit. Plenty of depth, and some top key players that are matchwinners, notably Dan Carter. Possible weaknesses- in midfield and lineouts.

SA is up there due to their big players and the ability to contest at scrums and general forward play, they also have some speedsters on the wings.

France, well we know they can surprise on the day, and with 80,000 screaming fans- they will be passionate. Good flyhalf and some big men amongst them- one notably straight from the iron age- Chabal. The France-Argentina game will be huge.

Oz, another team that can be up on the day. Never say die attitude. Aging players- Gregan(4 RWC) Mortlock Larkham and others. May suffer if key players are injured- namely Mortlock and Larkham.

one other game that may deserve a mention- England vs Samoa- will England cope with the physicality that Samoa brings?

ok it's true Englands performance has left the fans wondering but i think we can do better than 5th place.Playing the Usa will be intresting.Ok All Blacks vs Italy i know who my money's on and would expect everyone else the same but Australia Vs Japan (now there's a tough one).

ok it's true Englands performance has left the fans wondering but i think we can do better than 5th place.Playing the Usa will be intresting.Ok All Blacks vs Italy i know who my money's on and would expect everyone else the same but Australia Vs Japan (now there's a tough one).

To give all the English out here a cheer; watch the replay of 2003 epic win in the final

on Star tomorrow 7th morning 1000 and evening 1900

one other game that may deserve a mention- England vs Samoa- will England cope with the physicality that Samoa brings?

You're such a tease Donny :D

I was wondering whether the All Black could live with the power of Portugal's pack?

which All Black forward did you have in mind? c'mon 1 vs 8 abit unfair, although 5 ABs maybe closer :o

To give all the English out here a cheer; watch the replay of 2003 epic win in the final

on Star tomorrow 7th morning 1000 and evening 1900

English cheer? thats probably it for this month and the next I would imagine :o

rugby%20world%20cup%20chiang%20mai.jpg

BRING IT ON :D

Ok that's a bit bullish but what the he__ll it's the RUGBY WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!

thats more like it MB, abit more passion :D

now that you've brought some historical RWC photos to the forum, please let me post some of my own

Jonah Lomu's 4 tries vs England semi finals 1995 RWC

Im sure the All Blacks would love to "bring it on" yet again against England :o

post-15912-1189094157_thumb.jpg

post-15912-1189094166_thumb.jpg

post-15912-1189094176_thumb.jpg

post-15912-1189094185_thumb.jpg

Didn't your boys win the Cup once Donnyboy? :bah:

:o:D:D:D:D

it may have been a long time ago, but never the less, we shall remember :bah:

Good Lord Donny that's going back into the annals of time. Look at that last century haircut. :o

enough of the BS MB, lets get ready to rumble................................................

12 hours to go!

Looks like NZ have by far the best team, but as we all know, the best team (or even teams) very often doesn't win these kinds of tournaments that consist of knockout games. Look at when France won the football WC, they were not in the top half a dozen teams there.

Do the All Blacks have the mental strength that they have lacked in the past? Hmmmm

I fancy France to do well in this WC and quite possibly win it. They're playing at home which is a big advantage, and they are always the kind of sporting nation that can be inspired into brilliance. Playing in front of home fans could be the thing that inspires them.

It will be interesting to see how France perform tonight, Argentina are no pushovers.

Looks like NZ have by far the best team, but as we all know, the best team (or even teams) very often doesn't win these kinds of tournaments that consist of knockout games. Look at when France won the football WC, they were not in the top half a dozen teams there.

Do the All Blacks have the mental strength that they have lacked in the past? Hmmmm

I fancy France to do well in this WC and quite possibly win it. They're playing at home which is a big advantage, and they are always the kind of sporting nation that can be inspired into brilliance. Playing in front of home fans could be the thing that inspires them.

It will be interesting to see how France perform tonight, Argentina are no pushovers.

If France wins this game tonight they will go on and do well, however, if they possibly drop this game and end up 2nd in their pool, they are most likely to meet the ABs in the quarters- Im sure they wouldnt want that.

NB Argentina have won 4 from their last 5 encounters against France

If France wins this game tonight they will go on and do well, however, if they possibly drop this game and end up 2nd in their pool, they are most likely to meet the ABs in the quarters- Im sure they wouldnt want that.

Half Time France vs Arg 17- 9 to Argentina

I think the occassion has somewhat got to France and they havent played well at all. Too many turnovers.

Argentina have spoilt alot of Frances ball and scored from an intercept.

France wont win the RWC playing like this!

Edited by Donnyboy

I think the occassion has somewhat got to France and they havent played well at all. Too many turnovers.

Full Time Argentina wins! 17-12

France didnt look like scoring at all and played like a B Team imo.

This group is wide open. France might possibly lose out to Ireland for a place in the quarters!

Full Time Argentina wins! 17-12

France didnt look like scoring at all and played like a B Team imo.

This group is wide open. France might possibly lose out to Ireland for a place in the quarters!

Oh Dear Merde :D

TBWG :o

If Italy play with as much passion as Argentina the All Blacks might find their hands full Donnyboy :o

I have been on Planet Rugby and cannot fathom why so many people thought it was a bad game last night. It had plenty of mistakes sure but it was gutsy, passionate stuff and I though it was a cracking match.

Wouldn't want to be French this morning. :D

If Italy play with as much passion as Argentina the All Blacks might find their hands full Donnyboy :D

Perhaps for the first 20mins MB :D

I have been on Planet Rugby and cannot fathom why so many people thought it was a bad game last night. It had plenty of mistakes sure but it was gutsy, passionate stuff and I though it was a cracking match.

yeah, I thought it was a passionate game as well, the Argies out thought and out played the French and quite frankly the French team was second rate, they couldnt string any phases together and ball skills woeful. Referee had a shocka too.

What if Ireland managed to beat France as well, that could mean France out in pool play :o

Wouldn't want to be French this morning. :D