Forum upgrade in progress! ×

2 in 1 coffee

Susco

My senseo pods have run out, due to nobody coming over from Europe, and I don't want to buy the rip off alternative from Boncafe.

I drink my coffee usually without sugar, even black, but some milk powder I can tolerate.

So now switched to 3 in 1, but they all have too much sugar, especially since you have to use 2 for a large cup.

I heard 2 in 1 coffee sticks also exist, only I haven't found them yet.

Any suggestions are welcome.

5 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

The Essenso brand make them. Look for the black and gold packaging. Around my way (CM) they are available at Macro and the larger Big C stores. 

ef4a8d5cb99dbe6b6e41d37eceb4081a.jpg

Thanks, I actually noticed those packs few times already, but didn't have a close look and thought it was coffee to put in a filter

I'm not a fan of these nice tasting coffee drinks. Coffee should just be strong and not enjoyable. It's a useful drink keeps me chomping  at the bit but I never yearn for coffee. my body just needs it and that's why I drink the cheapest coffee I can get. 

• Haha 1

If you shop around you will find one or two - 'two in one' sachets.

My favorite normal brand is either Birdy or Nescafe blend and brew.

If you want less sugar I generally use half a sachet and add extra pure coffee from a jar. That way you've got less sugar and less milk powder.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

I'm not a fan of these nice tasting coffee drinks. Coffee should just be strong and not enjoyable. It's a useful drink keeps me chomping  at the bit but I never yearn for coffee. my body just needs it and that's why I drink the cheapest coffee I can get. 

Noooo......

What's the point of drinking a coffee that's not really tasty?

PS I enjoy 0.0% Heineken with sugar-free Sprite also....

????

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Why 2 in 1 ? Is it difficult to add milk or other white stuff? Then you get it they way you want it, not the way some corporation thinks it should be. Please educate this farang.

Probably just easier to make a cup of coffee. Take a sachet, tear it open and add water.

The 3 in 1 are overly sugared and sweet so it is probably better to have 2 in 1 and then either add or do not add sugar according to ones taste.

• Like 1

Equal do one, currently being sold at Foodmart on Thappraya Road.  It's on offer at 87 THB for a pack of 10 sachets.  It uses something to make it sweet, so it is probably some artificial additive (the one they use in their "sugar).  The best one (for me) is Essenso. It tastes more like coffee than the others.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Nescafe do a blend and brew that is 2 in 1, no sugar.

https://secure.ap-tescoassets.com/assets/TH/665/8850125091665/ShotType1_540x540.jpg

Be careful though as there's one in similar packaging that's 25 % sugar.

https://www.nescafe.com/th/en-th/nescafe-blend-brew-less-sugar

The blue pack claims it has no sugar but I'm sure they have sneaked some in with the milk powder. I hate sugar and can taste even the slightest amount. Essenso has none I am sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Would you drink powdered wine, juice, tea etc ?

I recall, from many decades ago, ‘powdered juice’: equally as bad as ‘powdered coffee’.

’powdered wine/beer’ ... hmm, could be a fortune looking to be made there ??? ????

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PGSan said:

But, unfortunately, it retains none of those benefits in the more sensual areas of ‘flavour, texture’ etc.

Well yeah, some people lack education.

https://www.newfoodmagazine.com/article/110376/freeze-drying-offers-nutrition-with-shelf-life/

Freeze drying also means there is a much-reduced potential for microorganisms existing in such low amounts of water, ensuring that nutraceuticals can stay safe to consume over an extended time period, up to two years.

The result is a 100 percent natural freeze dried product, which retains the flavour, structure and nutritional benefits of the raw product. From there, it can be supplied as a stable supplement or ground down into a powder which can be inserted into tablets.

On 9/25/2020 at 2:38 PM, Susco said:

My senseo pods have run out

On 9/25/2020 at 2:38 PM, Susco said:

I drink my coffee usually without sugar, even black, but some milk powder I can tolerate.

I just use Nescafe Gold  No sugar No Milk  Just add water . Once you go Black you never go Back :licklips:

23 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

2in1, 3in1, instant “coffee”. These are all just coffee flavoured drinks. Are you really so stingy you’ll put up with these foul tasting imposters?

There is no substitute for coffee. There are some excellent locally grown coffees and they’re not expensive. 

Maybe you should educate yourself a bit about how instant coffee is produced. I have posted a few links already for people like you, who have a wealth of no idea about things.

As for your stingy remark, 2in1 or 3in1 coffees are way more expensive per cup than ground coffee.

For my Senseo pods (carrefour home brand) I would pay 3.5 Euro ( 125 Baht ) for 36 pods of 7 gram.

Tell me where I can buy 36 sticks of 3in1 coffee ,, which contain much less coffee anyway, for 125 Baht

So now, say stingy again, while looking in the mirror.

Edited by Susco

Another option to consider and probably better tasting is to buy a moka pot. You can then use grinded coffee. And then add sugar or milk according to taste. Moka pots can be bought very cheap, so money shouldn't be an issue. As long as you have some (electrical) stove in your home you should be able to use the pot to make a decent coffee.

In my humble opinion the 3-in-1 or 2-in-1 coffees taste horrible. Moka for me is acceptable.

https://shopee.co.th/หม้อต้มกาแฟ-กาต้มกาแฟ-มอคค่าพอท--MOKA-POT--อลูมิเนียม-6-CUP-i.63390364.4250983006?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj8OKgpqH7AIVCKyWCh0jfg0aEAQYAiABEgIpkPD_BwE

toqklo.jpg

Edited by wolf81

8 minutes ago, wolf81 said:

Another option to consider and probably better tasting is to buy a moka pot. You can then use grinded coffee. And then add sugar or milk according to taste. 

In my humble opinion the 3-in-1 or 2-in-1 coffees taste horrible. 

https://shopee.co.th/หม้อต้มกาแฟ-กาต้มกาแฟ-มอคค่าพอท--MOKA-POT--อลูมิเนียม-6-CUP-i.63390364.4250983006?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj8OKgpqH7AIVCKyWCh0jfg0aEAQYAiABEgIpkPD_BwE

Thanks for your suggestion, but once you have uses a Senseo, you don't want anything else any more.

The comfort and convenience you have from that is unmatchable.

So I will place an order with Take-5 coffee, as Peetje suggested, and if the coffee tastes good that will be my go to.

I considered the pods from Boncafe, but at 14 Baht a pod, way overpriced in my opinion.

So, here's one to throw into the mix.  I haven't tried it, nor am I promoting it. I've never even seen it on sale.  It's a 23-in-1 !  They seem to have included everything that claims to be good for you, in very small quantities, of course. But, looking at what has been posted above, this is arabica "instant" coffee (apparently unusual in cheap instant coffee ?), and makes up 27% of the content.

thumbnail_IMG_20200927_080820.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Susco said:

Thanks for your suggestion, but once you have uses a Senseo, you don't want anything else any more.

The comfort and convenience you have from that is unmatchable.

So I will place an order with Take-5 coffee, as Peetje suggested, and if the coffee tastes good that will be my go to.

I considered the pods from Boncafe, but at 14 Baht a pod, way overpriced in my opinion.

I respectfully disagree on "not wanting anything else anymore". I used to have a Senseo before back when I lived in The Netherlands and used it for many years, not so much for taste (I generally found the taste acceptable, not great), more out of convenience. 

Here in Thailand in our home I use an Ascaso espresso machine that my girlfriend bought second hand for 8000 THB. Previously I bought my coffee beans in a nearby coffee shop (Doi Wiang Café), though recently I've found some very nice beans in the local Makro which I'll probably buy from now on (Zolito High Mountain). I also have an electrical grinder at home to grind the beans according to my taste. Also, I love cappuccinos and the Ascaso machine has a steam wand for frothing the milk, so for me it's the best option. To me this machine using my choice of beans and grinded to my preference provides a vastly superior taste.

I do agree the Senseo delivers on convenience by the way. The main reasons I used a Senseo in The Netherlands were: 

- The machine was pretty cheap (40 EUR or so).

- It's very quick to make a cup of coffee in the morning, just before heading out to work. 

Here in Thailand I am not in a hurry however (I work from home), so for me the espresso machine is the best option. My Moka pot is mainly used in emergencies when electricity is cut off (I can still make coffee then using our gas stove and the Moka pot).

3b240b2f127ea4f96ca18116bdd0824c.jpg

Edited by wolf81
  • Thanks 1