American expat charged with defamation after leaving multiple negative reviews online

rooster59

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

A lot of the hardcore bashers here are OS however they do Sucker in posters who clearly live here. These fools join the party with scathing attacks on government thinking they are not traceable. 

Penalty will be jail and then blacklist forever. I wonder how the warriors that laid down roots here will handle that? 

Thats why I always use a pseudonym and a VPN to post reviews on TripAdvisor or TVF.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Yinn said:

BS

pleasenot exaggeration.

You read trip advisor. Thousands of negative review. Not arrested. 

Immature guys can not control behavior/mood. Frial. The USA guy sound racism. Mention chekslovakia many time. 

It's difficult to arrest Foreign Tourists when they go back to their own country but they know all tourists must be in Thailand at the moment because of COVID.
We don't how many defamation cases the Hotel has filed this one only came to light because of a Blogger on Twitter.
But in any case if it's against the Law in Thailand to give a negative review which it appears to be then reviews should be blocked.

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Yinn said:

The drunk USA guy have opportunity to stop, He choose continue. For month++

Sound like annoying. Deport, not need death sentence.

The winner is.......

lawyers.

idiots.

Don't exaggerate First he left a review on TripAdvisor which the resort had removed so he then left 2 reviews not on Google that's not really continuing for a month total 3 reviews one removed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, polpott said:

Not in the same league. They were taught manners and decorum by us Brits.

That's true where the Yanks told the Brits where they could stick their manners us Ar$ Enders (refere to Keating's description) chose servitude which is quite pathetic really.

This is not going to end well for both parties as for the hotel they have not thought this one out properly they could now do themselves as much damage, I have not checked to see if they are on other OTA's the industry experts say most people use google to search for hotels, people dont have to be going on to Tripadvisor to see the bad reviews.

There are some simple steps to follow as far as any hotel is concerned something I learn't years ago, Do not respond to a bad review immediately as some knee jerk reaction think about it for a couple of days sit down, calm down and write a positive reply, if your first reaction is to fire off straight away once you have posted it, it cannot be changed. 

These OTA's are multi million $$$$ companies they know what they are doing, some how or other the bad reviews end up getting lost I have been on the end of some bad reviews where they never show up after a while, even they dont want bad reviews coming up on the first page.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Well it seems TripAdvisor temporarily blocked reviews for this Resort
I wonder if they will continue to support Hotels that file Criminal Defamation law suits against customers for negative reviews?

They will have to think about it, the knock on effect would be no guest would book through them

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

That's true where the Yanks told the Brits where they could stick their manners us Ar$ Enders (refere to Keating's description) chose servitude which is quite pathetic really.

Why bite the hand that feeds you? Or provides you with an exceptional cup of tea.

1 minute ago, Bezdomny said:

Another class act from cheap charlie from the nation, which think it owns the world. Will cost him more than 500thb now.

To be fair both the US and Thailand think they own the world which has been amply demonstrated in the OP.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is the way things are done here to save FACE that still amaze me.  Rather then this being a civil case against the gentleman it is now a Government case.  There were two ladies from the US who were arrested and imprisoned for using counterfeit money which they had been given as change a few years ago. However, if you murder someone, run someone over and your Thai, you walk away it seems.  Double pricing, and double standards done to protect the reputation of the country instead seem to me to look quite petty at times and shows how far they still need to go.

Yep..... in that great democracy, the melting cr8p  pot of the world,  where all men are created equal,

the elites are treated just like every common man         hahahahhahaha   

Oh,  poor J epstein and his buddies had a great time for 30 years .   OOPS,  somehow I think he slipped

up and met some first world justice.    Knock knock........

Amazes me how many believe things work differently in our holier than thou "democracies"  .     High IQ's and all......... but ohhhh   so naive

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, polpott said:

As others have said, the resort owner has made things much worse. Instead of letting one bad review die a death, he's made the bad review front page news. Knowing that I may be prosecuted for leaving a bad review of this resort, I would avoid it like the plague.

I'm sure he's not the only one leaving bad reviews on Tripadvisor, I also have done so on certain hotels with honest opinions.

But one can't cook up stories because there are two different versions of the story in his case.  And also why keep on posting bad reviews when one is enough?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Having the fella imprisoned is not a good advert for the hotel or it’s owners I certainly wouldn’t stay there knowing what happened and let’s face it 6,000 baht per night is pretty expensive during this pandemic 

I think it is great, these internet bullies need to dealt with.

and FWIW I booked a 2 night stay and the cost is Bt.5,000.

• Like 2