"Foreign teacher" at center of new allegations at kindergarten

webfact

"Foreign teacher" at center of new allegations at kindergarten

3pm1.jpg

Channel 7 shared a video that purported to show a male foreign teacher acting aggressively towards a kindergarten boy at the school where a female teacher faces jail for assaulting and "imprisoning" young pupils. 

The video from CCTV came to light as the investigation against the female teacher gained traction. 

A male teacher in a white shirt reportedly shook a small child, threw his pencil away, made him cry due to being scared then forcefully grabbed him and threw him out of the room. 

Other adults including a woman were seen acting as though nothing unusual was happening. 

3pm.jpg

The case against the female Thai teacher could see her jailed for three years.

A lawyer acting for parents wants her charged with unlawful imprisonment as she allegedly kept students locked up in a toilet.

Action is also in the pipeline against adults in the class who did nothing to help or speak out against the abuse. 

Now the revelation that a foreign male teacher may also be involved in the abuse is likely to stir the pot further in what has become a story of national interest, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-28

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Seems there's a culture of violence and abuse at this school. Adult teachers who have brains that haven't formed properly and think children can be reasoned with like adults.

Funny how if you assault an adult you can go to prison. But when you assault a child, many will condone it as some kind of learning experience. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

acting aggressively towards a kindergarten boy

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

threw his pencil away, made him cry due to being scared

Is there a video? Shaking any small child is a big no-no!

'Throwing' a kid out of the room needs to be taken into context for non-native English users, because we don't want a misunderstanding here, do we?

6 hours ago, 2long said:

Is there a video? Shaking any small child is a big no-no!

'Throwing' a kid out of the room needs to be taken into context for non-native English users, because we don't want a misunderstanding here, do we?

I don't think that many of the posters here have actually seen the video.
The link is in the first post.

https://news.ch7.com/detail/440010

I didn't see any violence.
I saw a teacher that was obviously having some problem with a child. He lifted the child out of the seat and then shepherded him out of the door with a gentle(ish) nudge or 2.

Edited by loong
typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

I’ve a feeling his visa status is about to change.

If he ever had one ...

That school doesn't give a t0ss about if a teacher is on the right visa or even has one.

When I was there 10 years ago, I was on a visa B but they refused to help with a work permit or supply information so I could do it.

Most of the teachers there were on tourist visas or monthly border flips.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

According to TV news, this foreign teacher is Filipino.

Yes, my wife called me 5 minutes ago to tell me that.  And then when they checked his passport he was on overstay.

They'll be checking every teacher in that school at 8 am tomorrow.  

Expect a queue at the airport by Friday.

Edited by Mister Fixit
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, loong said:

I saw a teacher that was obviously having some problem with a child. He lifted the child out of the seat and then shepherded him out of the door with a gentle(ish) nudge or 2.

And the little darling had the Big Thai attitude- nobody's gonna tell ME what to do. Stopped walking like 5 times, each time having to be nudged along by the teacher. 5 y.o is old enough to understand the teacher.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Peabody said:

And the little darling had the Big Thai attitude- nobody's gonna tell ME what to do. Stopped walking like 5 times, each time having to be nudged along by the teacher. 5 y.o is old enough to understand the teacher.

What a load of nonsense you just posted, did you hear what the teacher said to the boy?

No you didnt, was the teacher asking the boy, or threatening him?

You dont know, so stop with your anti Thai BS.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, loong said:

While i don't condone any abuse to anyone yet alone kids, I think we should know what the kids offence was, as it looked to me as if it was a social distancing issue that the *teacher* was trying to reinforce.

16 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

Yes, my wife called me 5 minutes ago to tell me that.  And then when they checked his passport he was on overstay.

They'll be checking every teacher in that school at 8 am tomorrow.  

Expect a queue at the airport by Friday.

When some foreign teachers rely either on border hops or new visas from Vientiane and Savanakhet to stay legal, there's probably a few of them on 'overstay' since at least March.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, loong said:

That's your interpretation of the event.

Physical action against a small child under these circumstances  is inappropriate and wrong. 

I shouldn't have to explain it to you.

Adults who grab 5-6 year olds and lift them out of a chair in this manner are violent thugs.

I don't think there are too many parents who would tolerate their kid being manhandled in this manner.

The teacher is obviously unfit for the job. Perhaps he previously worked for the Duterte regime. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

That's your interpretation of the event.

Physical action against a small child under these circumstances  is inappropriate and wrong. 

I shouldn't have to explain it to you.

Adults who grab 5-6 year olds and lift them out of a chair in this manner are violent thugs.

I don't think there are too many parents who would tolerate their kid being manhandled in this manner.

The teacher is obviously unfit for the job. Perhaps he previously worked for the Duterte regime. 

The teacher pulled on his arm but the boy would not get up. He did not try to drag him to his feet by his arm. When the boy refused to get up, the teacher placed 1 hand under each armpit and lifted him to his feet. To me that seems a reasonable way to lift a child.

How else would you suggest to lift a stubborn child out of a chair?

Maybe you think that as the boy refused to stand up the teacher should just give up and walk away. That would send a message to the rest of the class that they can get away with anything that they want. A sure way to make sure that this will be a new generation of brats.