STV: Chinese will be first foreign tourists allowed in, then Scandinavians

webfact

17 hours ago, Shey420 said:

Valuable lesson for all the expats, retirees and potential business owners in thailand from Europe and America. You really mean nothing and they don't want you. Crazy right.

Maybe if you all pulled your money out and left they would be forced to treat you better so you'll stay.. 

They never did, bruv.

And if we all up sticks and remove cash it would make not one jot to these guys but hurt the real people.

If you're there and enjoy it, best thing is to keep your head down and avoid the madness.

• Like 1

I have been pretty certain that China has shares or outright owns lots of things

in Thailand like hotels, bus companies, some businesses, and markets, etc. I have

seen a Chinese hotel in,  Jomtien Beach, Pattaya that is Chinese owned, it was built

but never opened due to the covid virus, so yes they want to come back to Thailand for

many reasons.  Guess they are first on the international tourist list as well.  I hope the

tourism industry does get some people back to work as there sure are lots that are

unemployed at present.

Geezer

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

They never did, bruv.

And if we all up sticks and remove cash it would make not one jot to these guys but hurt the real people.

If you're there and enjoy it, best thing is to keep your head down and avoid the madness.

True!

21 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And so Thailand is the first to reward China and totally overlook that they created the virus that wreaked havoc on the world whether intentionally or unintentionally released. I wonder whose pockets are going to bulge from this?

A million dead; countless businesses/lives/families blighted for ever and Thailand shrugs it off in the name the baht.

Why is someone's nationality even relevant ? Surely you need to allow people in the country based from where they live in general or where they've been stranded since the outbreak. I'm Swiss and I've been in Laos since March where there's been about 20 confirmed cases. Not good enough ?

Hardly a surprise that the Chinese are welcomed with open arms. The Thai Elite that control the country are all Sino Thai families...

The top 50 Thai Chinese families boast a staggering US$160.56 billion in net worth, about 4.86 trillion baht at current exchange rate. To put this in perspective, Thailand’s budget for fiscal year 2019 was three trillion baht. The original budget for 2020 was 3.2 trillion baht. https://www.thebigchilli.com/feature-stories/thailands-six-pack-the-powerful-thai-chinese-families-who-dominate-the-countrys-business-scene

Edited by Forza2002
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 6:03 AM, Chivas said:

Pure Gold. Perhaps someone ought to inform these Thai chiefs that the average stay of a Chinese national is 5 days less than the 2 week quarantine.

You could say similar things about the western tourists.

However, same as from western countries, there are a lot of Chinese longstayers here: business people, digital nomads, accompanying kids studying at (far cheaper than in the PRC) international schools.

... if one is only looking at Pattaya, Phuket, Samui - then, of cause, they aren’t obvious.

18 hours ago, uncle_tom said:

That much I doubt. Whether it was a lab accident or just a consequence of too many people living on the planet may one day be revealed..

The truth will only come out if CCP is toppled and they didn't manage to destroy all traces of evidence.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 11:16 AM, Phuketshrew said:

I do not understand the logistics of this. 150 Chinese will arrive in Phuket on a charter flight to stay for at least 30 days. Are they all going to stay for the same duration? Will there be a charter flight to return them to China after X amount of days?

Maybe Whu-Flu Airlines will come pick them up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

The chartered flight really only gives them a 76 day holiday.

I dont think you get a return flight; that wouldn't make sense. When you want to go home, whether after 30 days, 90 days, or perhaps 270 days; you need to find and pay for a flight home.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 12:30 PM, Mavideol said:

are they aware Scandinavia consist of 5 countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland) each one reporting completely different infections

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/nordic-countries-have-radically-different-coronavirus-strategies—lets-compare-140982

The Nordic Countries Have Radically Different Coronavirus Strategies—Let's Compare

Actually not right.... Scandinavia is Denmark Norway and Sweden.   3 countries.

Edited by Jorgendk
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 11:09 AM, holy cow cm said:

And so Thailand is the first to reward China and totally overlook that they created the virus that wreaked havoc on the world whether intentionally or unintentionally released. I wonder whose pockets are going to bulge from this?

A odd post.This is not a reward for China.China did not create the virus.Therefore it was not "released" intentionally or unintentionally.The proposed admission of tourists is on such a small scale that nobody's pockets are going to bulge.

21 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Hardly a surprise that the Chinese are welcomed with open arms. The Thai Elite that control the country are all Sino Thai families...

The top 50 Thai Chinese families boast a staggering US$160.56 billion in net worth, about 4.86 trillion baht at current exchange rate. To put this in perspective, Thailand’s budget for fiscal year 2019 was three trillion baht. The original budget for 2020 was 3.2 trillion baht. https://www.thebigchilli.com/feature-stories/thailands-six-pack-the-powerful-thai-chinese-families-who-dominate-the-countrys-business-scene

An incredible article - thanks for sharing.

A significant quote is; ' a recent article on the Asia Times website calls Thailand’s economy the most unequal in the world. It reports that in 2018, 67% percent of the nation’s wealth was held by 1% of the population, a rapid increase from 58% in 2016.'

So an increase of 9% in two years!  I wonder what it is now?

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 7:02 PM, ChouDoufu said:

that they apparently could not afford more than 3-5 days vacation.

show me any of my posts where I said that.... try not to mislead please, don't put words on my mouth

4 hours ago, jayboy said:

A odd post.This is not a reward for China.China did not create the virus.Therefore it was not "released" intentionally or unintentionally.The proposed admission of tourists is on such a small scale that nobody's pockets are going to bulge.

Yes they did, and yes it was, and yes they will.

• Like 1

A friend of mine is Thai-Chinese and has a small shop selling Pepsi and also the plastic ducks and <deleted> that they like. He will close his shop soon because the average spend is 20 b per head before the crocodile heads to the next place.

Unfortunately, until this year they landed in vast swarms at DM wearing their pink and green tracksuits and shouting at one another. And worse: spitting and peeing plus the legendary defecation by kids on the nearest carpet. Put me in hell any day.

Eddy