Thai evisa application help

I am in UK. I have made a non o visa application online.

Does anyone know what I do next? Do I just wait for an email with the result of application? Do I have to post hard copies of my documentation? Do I post them my passport?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not applying for COE yet. I was just applying for a non o first (being a father). At the end of my application it asked if I was applying in person or post. I selected post. So do I wait for them to contact me before sending my passport or do I send it now? Do I have to provide them hard copies of the documents I uploaded?

9 minutes ago, iian23 said:

I'm not applying for COE yet. I was just applying for a non o first (being a father). At the end of my application it asked if I was applying in person or post. I selected post. So do I wait for them to contact me before sending my passport or do I send it now? Do I have to provide them hard copies of the documents I uploaded?

I think you need to read the info on the website linked above. You apply for the COE online.

I think you did need to contact them about your visa application. You should only need to send your passport to them with a return envelope or the fee for return postage.;

At the end of the application process there should have been a confirmation page displayed with your details and a barcode reference number.  Looking at mine from almost a year ago it says it will also be emailed to you.  That needs printed out and sent.

There was also a declaration form that needed signed and sent, and I also sent copies of the supporting documents that had been uploaded electronically, although there was some debate as to whether these were needed or not.  Add on a crisp £10 note for return postage, return address and passport for the full package.

However, a year later and with the current COE rules, things may have changed significantly, but this is still showing on the Embassy website.

image.png.0fcf7bdd8de880cd84ac28b8efd11202.png

On 9/29/2020 at 8:26 AM, iian23 said:

Hi, I'm in the middle of applying for non O as well, although having great difficulty with their on line process.  Desktop version not working on some areas but getting round it with mobile version. No definition on site re financial docs reqd, can I ask what you uploaded?

I uplooaded a screen shot of my halifax online banking summary, my daughter's birth certificate and her passport, also an email from my daughter's mother inviting me to stay at her address. The last box asks for residency permit if applying from another country, I put my passport page in that section as it would not accept leaving it blank. I sent it all off online and selected to apply by post.

I though they would look at the uploaded documents then let me know via the website if I was successful or not. So I waited a few days but nothing seemed to be happening. Not sure what the point of uploading the documents is really as one of the helpful replies on this thread gave me a link to the london embassy (I had only been looking on the evisa site) which says I had to post my documents. So on tuesday I printed off lots of bank statements showing all my available cash, my parnters ID and passport, my daughters passport, the front page of rental contract of our condo and the email inviting me to stay at our condo. I also printed off the information they email you after completing the online application. I'm not sure if all that paperwork was necessary however I posted it all off on Tuesday and my passport has just arrived at my house with my visa.

I forgot to mention I included a special delivery stamped addressed envelope to send my passport back, normal stamped addressed is fine thats just your choice.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, iian23 said:

I uplooaded a screen shot of my halifax online banking summary, my daughter's birth certificate and her passport, also an email from my daughter's mother inviting me to stay at her address. The last box asks for residency permit if applying from another country, I put my passport page in that section as it would not accept leaving it blank. I sent it all off online and selected to apply by post.

I though they would look at the uploaded documents then let me know via the website if I was successful or not. So I waited a few days but nothing seemed to be happening. Not sure what the point of uploading the documents is really as one of the helpful replies on this thread gave me a link to the london embassy (I had only been looking on the evisa site) which says I had to post my documents. So on tuesday I printed off lots of bank statements showing all my available cash, my parnters ID and passport, my daughters passport, the front page of rental contract of our condo and the email inviting me to stay at our condo. I also printed off the information they email you after completing the online application. I'm not sure if all that paperwork was necessary however I posted it all off on Tuesday and my passport has just arrived at my house with my visa.

I forgot to mention I included a special delivery stamped addressed envelope to send my passport back, normal stamped addressed is fine thats just your choice.

Hi,

Many thanks for replying...that's great. In the past, for my partner to come to UK, I've used the summary page of my accounts printed of the web as well. When applying for an AO (retirement) visa in the past I had to supply original bank statements and have them notorised. 

I recall reading somewhere that for non O (family) you needed to provide 6 mths originals showing £10k in account at all times, but cant find anything on the embassy website and nobody answering the phone.

1 hour ago, gavlar said:

Hi,

Many thanks for replying...that's great. In the past, for my partner to come to UK, I've used the summary page of my accounts printed of the web as well. When applying for an AO (retirement) visa in the past I had to supply original bank statements and have them notorised. 

I recall reading somewhere that for non O (family) you needed to provide 6 mths originals showing £10k in account at all times, but cant find anything on the embassy website and nobody answering the phone.

Check out the link in post #3. 

I just sent them (by post) the first page of a few bank account statements which showed the balance of the accounts and some transactions. For some accounts that showed a few months transactions and for others it was only a month of transactions. The total amount of all the balances was about £20k. 

The statements I sent were just printed at home and were not stamped in the branch of the bank.

Edited by iian23

3 hours ago, iian23 said:

I just sent them (by post) the first page of a few bank account statements which showed the balance of the accounts and some transactions. For some accounts that showed a few months transactions and for others it was only a month of transactions. The total amount of all the balances was about £20k. 

The statements I sent were just printed at home and were not stamped in the branch of the bank.

Many thanks, I'll do the same...