Passing Lane

tatom

At lease SOME insurance companies give discounts to "no claims" customers so it's not total rubbish.

I'm familiar only with Bangkok-Nakhon Sawan stretch and I have never seen a police checkpost there or anyone pulled over for staying in the fast lane (have they painted the lanes yet?).

When that road branches off to Kamphengphet it's a different story, police is always there, and I have been caught for speeding once.

I hardly ever drive to Bangkok now but, when I did prior to three/four years ago, I was stopped so regularly (especially within Nakhon Sawan province) that a number of the cops would just wave me on.

:D he he now i feel . U actually WERE talking rubbish, but i don't blame you, because i have been IN THE SAME position myself ! motorbike drove into my new car lo :o . Well the good news IS : unlike in the west insurance premiums here have nothing to do with how good you drive/or how old u are. But fixed solely to the value(or cubic.c) of your vehicle ! So in ur case, the cop was actually right, ur insurance was needed to deal with accident, & they would make lorry driver pay up ! No police involvement was needed ! unless someone was injured ! Next time, don't challenge this country, but 'when in Rome' >just call ur insurance guy,& they'll come on their bike & do all the talk & walk for you :D

Wrong!

I was insured with AXA. they did discount! And they confirmed a claim would cost my discount. Further more, I involved the police because (as I've already written) the other driver would not accept responsibility. Assessors from both insurance companies did come out (as I have also written - did you actually read my post???) but their job was complicated because (as I have written!) we were no longer at the accident site (before you criticize me for not staying at the site, go read my post!).

I've "challenged this country" (where I am very happy to live) loads of times throughout my 13 years here, and will continue to do so when the need arises - but thanks for your advice.

Do your research before you make a fool of yourself asiaworld.

hey i'm not trying 2 argue here, cause as i've mentioned, i WAS in the same situ. myself ( well probablyi was luckier,cause it happened near condo where i've lived & i got The Advise,from local restaurant owner downstairs,

thai look kreung!) no police was needed,even thou thebiker girl tried 2 make a fuss, seeing farang, as an easy prey ! 'twas her fault 100%,& she were dealt with by insurance man.

As for no claims bonus ! sounds english 2 me > what happens IMHO the premium for the 1st. class insurance goes down in subsequent years simply because your car depresiates >!> it's down abt. 10-20% year on year ! if

u can point out companies, that dish out bigger,or behaviour related discounts, pls recheck, & let us all know . i for all wouldn't mind knowing that useful info !