Abuse of children in schools: Just a small crack exploited by parents who want money, says Sarasas founder

webfact

A post commenting on forum moderation has been removed. Such posts are in violation of forum rules, as follows:

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, chainarong said:

One way to look at it I suppose, then again where there's  smoke there's fire. 

And there seems to be a lot of fire. But no fire fighters. 

Who'd send their kids to such a school knowing what was in the news? That wasn't made up. No excuse. 

Edited by teacherclaire
  • Like 2

I worked at a sarasas for four years. I actually knew a few people who worked at the one being talked about. 

All sarasas schools are money first, education later. But this isn't really any different to the majority of schools in Thailand. 

Personally I had a good time working there. 

The thing is, if you're only paying 40-50k a month which was an average salary for most of the foreigners there, you're never going to get anyone with serious qualifications, myself included. Same goes for the vast majority of schools in Thailand too though. 

The story here isn't that it happened, it's that were they caught. 

Exactly the same or worse goes on in schools up and down the country. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2020 at 9:39 AM, webfact said:

small crack

Allegations of child abuse can't be classified as "small". If this is a true reflection of his attitude, then hang him up by his b@ll$!  

they have a duty of care.

Edited by djayz