Thais pretending to be Filipino foreign language teachers is widespread, Thai media

rooster59

16 minutes ago, samsensam said:

can you tell the difference between someone from france and quebec speaking french? differentiate between spanish spanish, peruvian spanish, argentine spanish, chilian spanish? unless you're a native speaker or fluent (proficient maybe) speaker you wont be able to differentiate accents.

Regarding Spanish, after a while of living in spain and learning the language, you do start to recognize the regional accents and the South American different accents too.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Google it  one can .Speak it as a language  may not so perhaps.

Be that despite script and speech portrayed  it is!

Stars Wars puppet  speech? Real be need you  get!

Why do  you hate love my speach?  I need know why that is!!!

Please essence the noun to mean you happy.  Happy you be if you want!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I kinda agree with that.

I'm a native English and Spanish speaker and can easily identify different accents in both languages.

I'm also a fluent Mandarin, Thai & Lao speaker, and those regional/country accents become much harder for me to identify, unless they are grossly obvious

It is completely impossible after a certain age to speak a language quite fluently.  One will always have an accent.  There are notable exceptions but it is not normal.  

You are quite a learned person.  I cannot imagine the amount of work mandarin must have been, but with Thai, I imagine it is extremely tonal.  

10 hours ago, Isaan Alan said:

There is something amiss in this story. Do they have an induction course for the fake  Filipinos where they teach the Thais how to act the part? Wannabee Filipinos 101. That must be such a hoot.

"Hello, siiiir" 

• Like 1