Info required for returning Thai Citizens.

couchpotato

Info required. 

Do Thai citizens who are currently in Singapore and Malaysia, have to go through the Embassy to return, or can they just hop on an available Air asia flight.

Also would they have to quarantine for 14 days from those 2 countries.

All info appreciated.

Would you please clarify: A COE is a certificate of existence? If my Thai wife, who has a residency permit for Greece, wants to visit her family she needs a COE of the Thai embassy in Athens?  Hard to understand as she would turn up  at immigration with her Thai passport? Thanks

1 hour ago, sreiter said:

Would you please clarify: A COE is a certificate of existence? If my Thai wife, who has a residency permit for Greece, wants to visit her family she needs a COE of the Thai embassy in Athens?  Hard to understand as she would turn up  at immigration with her Thai passport? Thanks

COE is a Certificate of Entry and yes, she would go through her Thai Embassy in Greece to get all that she needs to return, such as the COE and getting booked on a repatriation flight, etc.

To any fellow Thais or foreigners who have gone through 'ASQ' hotel quarantines, I see they offer rooms in a lot of places that are still open to the general public as well.   I assume they have blocked off a floor for quarantine guests.   Curiously, do they lock you in your rooms?  Do you have floor access?   And I'm not suggesting anything, but is there security to keep you from leaving your room and/or hotel?   

Here a short summary:

The following seems to be valid for all countries and applies to Thai Nationals seeking entry into Thailand:

We contacted the Thai embassy in Athens through facebook/messenger.

We were told entry is possible but cumbersome at the moment, if possible we should wait to December hoping that restrictions ease.

There is no need to visit the embassy in person. If entry is required now we should book a flight through Dubai or Doha well in advance (in case of a return flight nobody can guarantee it will happen...)

The embassy needs to be informed with flight details. A Corona test is required two days before the flight and submitted to the embassy.

You also have to book the quaratene hotel in advance which is 1000 euro for two weeks.

If all the paperwork is approved you get (through the internet) the COE......