Divorced and getting re-married to a 2nd Thai lady

Bell1234

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

For some reason you don't provide a translation. But anyway, would you not say 'khap'? 

If a Thai, I would prefer to hear 'chuay noi, khap'. 

{for non Thai-speakers it means can you help)

well, those interested can ask me or others how to use .   You are not thai so how can you say what you would prefer to hear ?    It should be obvious that one should politely greet the officer/person with a wai OR a sawatdi krap  first.

i always say   kaw chuay noi ..... (can you please help....)    then continue to explain what the question or situation is.     Pom yak plien cheu  etc etc   ...... Tham yangrai dee krap  Translation :  i would like to change the name etc etc    How is a good way to do ?    

The use of krap and wais is good,  but can be overused as well as underused.  This is not the Thai language forum so i did not and do not want to start a discussion as such.   

I was just trying to add a little hint for those few interested , that asking for "help"  seems to work well for me.  A certain level of thai is needed to continue..... but that is how we learn (by trying).

Edited by rumak

15 hours ago, wolf81 said:

I do believe woman have hypergamous tendencies, which basically means that if a woman sees an opportunity to marry up, she might be tempted to take advantage of this opportunity. By the way I also believe this is just human nature and people can sometimes do things that go against their nature. I.e.; men have been programmed to try to have sex with as many woman as possible (irregardless of status, as long as the woman looks good), but many men stay with one lady their whole life. 

So those could be grounds for a divorce. Perhaps a lady found a man with a higher status which can provide benefits that are of interest to woman (e.g.: better life for her children, more disposable income to buy stuff like shoes and bags, etc...). Perhaps a man found a younger lady that he got more attracted to. However keep in mind that for most men it's harder to attract a beautiful young lady as compared for a lady to find a men. There's been experiments on Tinder that indicate that most woman "fight" for maybe the top 20% of men and the rest are ignored. Men are open to meeting a larger group of woman. More info here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tinder-man-swipes-right-200-000-women-little-success-a7168056.html

Of course there could be many other reasons for people to divorce: substance abuse, physical abuse, financial issues, religious incapabilities, family issues, etc...

Or more simply, "A man marries a woman for what she is whereas a woman marries a man for what she wants him to be."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rumak said:

well, those interested can ask me or others how to use .   You are not thai so how can you say what you would prefer to hear ?    It should be obvious that one should politely greet the officer/person with a wai OR a sawatdi krap  first.

i always say   kaw chuay noi ..... (can you please help....)    then continue to explain what the question or situation is.     Pom yak plien cheu  etc etc   ...... Tham yangrai dee krap  Translation :  i would like to change the name etc etc    How is a good way to do ?    

The use of krap and wais is good,  but can be overused as well as underused.  This is not the Thai language forum so i did not and do not want to start a discussion as such.   

I was just trying to add a little hint for those few interested , that asking for "help"  seems to work well for me.  A certain level of thai is needed to continue..... but that is how we learn (by trying).

I'm not hugely criticising but it would have been helpful to include the meaning, not make people to ask you. And whatever statement you are going to lead with should have a polite 'khap' at the end. You know that Thais like to hear that when opening or closing a conversation, you don't need to be Thai, so please stop with the 'how do you knows'. 

To catch attention I would use a smiling 'khor thot, khap' then ask for help, without repeating 'khap'. This post is obviously not for Thai speakers and so lengthy expositions of what you then might ask is probably not helpful. 

And we certainly should not attempt to explain where and when and to whom and which wai is appropriate.  Thais in general will not expect most farang to wai anyway. There's a lot more to say about that, I know, but as you say this is not the topic here. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

hahaha, I wish you a happy divorce soon and maybe you will come of your horse thinking you are so much superior to everybody else, the great lover or something

Haha yourself. I must have triggered a turrets-related tick with you or something. Not sure why you think you have the right to attack me, dude. Perhaps you’ve been dumped too many times or have had bad luck with women, your problem not mine buddy. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DBath said:

Haha yourself. I must have triggered a turrets-related tick with you or something. Not sure why you think you have the right to attack me, dude. Perhaps you’ve been dumped too many times or have had bad luck with women, your problem not mine buddy. 

Tourette? Or does his head just keep revolving? 

7 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Tourette? Or does his head just keep revolving? 

I stand corrected, will be more careful next time, but I think both spellings could apply in this situation, so I guess it kind of worked out. ????