Divorced and getting re-married to a 2nd Thai lady

Bell1234

I have lost my Divorce certificate. Do i have to go back to the original Amphur to get a replacement or can anyother Amphur provide me with a copy?

Also do i have to go to my Embassy again and then get a translation from English to Thai for my second marriage? 

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Bell1234 said:

Can the Mod delete all the clowns replies plz .

First you should not ask the mods to do anything as I got a strike for asking them to delete inappropriate posts. 2nd if you spend any time reading this forum you should have expected these responses. 3rd “rooster” who writes for Thai visa in this forum has multiple marriages to Thai ladies maybe you can dm him.

I have lost my Divorce certificate. Do i have to go back to the original Amphur to get a replacement or can anyother Amphur provide me with a copy?

Also do i have to go to my Embassy again and then get a translation from English to Thai for my second marriage?

All I had to do was was make a police report that it had been stolen and my local Amphur was able to access the original documentation and proceed with the issue of what I needed.

I don't think I needed a new affirmation from my embassy, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I don't know about a copy of a divorce certificate, but I needed my marriage certificate to enable me to register a divorce that had been approved by a judge, my ex had destroyed all legal documents, including my marriage certificate.

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

I am sorry on behalf of my fellow TVF members that you get no help, only sarcasm and what others might think of as funny.

Don't know the definitive answer to the question, but if it were me, I would go with my prospective wife to the Amphur and ask them how to proceed.

I wish you good luck!

at least read all the posts.   on this same page   post #17    i gave a pretty good answer which was

confirmed by 4 other members.   and to be fair....... these type of questions just require a very little bit of common sense,  like GO TO THE OFFICE  of the govt. that you will need to submit documents, talk to an officer there,  look decent,  and ask  for help in what you need to do.

Start with two words that make a world of difference :   CHUAY NOI ..........

very simple but took me 10 years (since there was no internet to help me)  to learn that it makes

a big difference when asking for assistance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rumak said:

at least read all the posts.   on this same page   post #17    i gave a pretty good answer which was

confirmed by 4 other members.   and to be fair....... these type of questions just require a very little bit of common sense,  like GO TO THE OFFICE  of the govt. that you will need to submit documents, talk to an officer there,  look decent,  and ask  for help in what you need to do.

very simple but took me 10 years (since there was no internet to help me)  to learn that it makes

In fact, I was responding to the OP who stated from 13 replies none were helpful, I didn't see the positive comments, the page here only partial opened, including your own. I am sorry!

• Like 1

While we are on divorce topic, I have a question for all you men out there.

During my 5 or 6 years of seeking a new partner, I have met more than 20 women, had 2 serious relationships and hundreds and hundreds of associations on the Internet.

Of ALL those women claiming divorce, not a single one was that the man divorced the woman - I know, I asked many of them - without pushing this too far!

So from a a woman's perspective, she is the victim, from a man's perspective, in the majority of cases I read about and knowing a few, HE is the victim.

Who is to "blame"? Only one answer - depends which of the two you are hearing the story from, but probably both!

My question is; What do you think of my observations?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I'd really like to ask a question of everyone but I know it would steal the thread ????

Is it the same as mine, below? should be "above"

Edited by ChrisKC
I mean, above!

14 hours ago, Bell1234 said:

13 replies and not one helpful one.. Maybe a Moderator can answer the question.

You can get a copy of the divorce certificate at any Amphur. If you still have a copy of the marriage certificate or better still the kor ror 2 extract of the original marriage registration, they can probably cross-reference the divorce certificate from that. Otherwise you may need to provide comprehensive details like date, Amphur of registration, both parties names, your (then) passport number, etc..

You will need to furnish a new Affidavit of Freedom to Marry from your embassy. You will need to provide the divorce certificate to obtain that as well as probably having to show the divorce certificate to the Amphur where the new marriage is being registered.

Lighten up mate. It's all banter and we'll still be here to answer your questions about marriage #3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

... Of ALL those women claiming divorce, not a single one was that the man divorced the woman - I know, I asked many of them - without pushing this too far!

So from a a woman's perspective, she is the victim, from a man's perspective, in the majority of cases I read about and knowing a few, HE is the victim. ...

So most women won't admit to being a <deleted> and most guys won't admit to being a <deleted>.

Is this really news?

Why? 

Is your life that boring? Are you afraid of loosing another virgin. Did she tell you to marry or someone else will Mary her. Did someone put a gun to your head? Are you in hospital after an accident and only have 3 days more to live. 

I'm demanding an answer not about how the universe were born or if God exists. Just why you have to marry again.... 

BTW, congratulations 

Edited by sead
  • Confused 1

I can't give you the answer, but I have 1 serious question.

Why do you want to get married? Do you need the marriage visa? (If you're over 50 years old the retirement visa is probably easier). Or do you want to make sure that if you die, your future wife can inherit everything or something? 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

During my 5 or 6 years of seeking a new partner, I have met more than 20 women, had 2 serious relationships and hundreds and hundreds of associations on the Internet.

Of ALL those women claiming divorce, not a single one was that the man divorced the woman - I know, I asked many of them - without pushing this too far!

So from a a woman's perspective, she is the victim, from a man's perspective, in the majority of cases I read about and knowing a few, HE is the victim.

Who is to "blame"? Only one answer - depends which of the two you are hearing the story from, but probably both!

I do believe woman have hypergamous tendencies, which basically means that if a woman sees an opportunity to marry up, she might be tempted to take advantage of this opportunity. By the way I also believe this is just human nature and people can sometimes do things that go against their nature. I.e.; men have been programmed to try to have sex with as many woman as possible (irregardless of status, as long as the woman looks good), but many men stay with one lady their whole life. 

So those could be grounds for a divorce. Perhaps a lady found a man with a higher status which can provide benefits that are of interest to woman (e.g.: better life for her children, more disposable income to buy stuff like shoes and bags, etc...). Perhaps a man found a younger lady that he got more attracted to. However keep in mind that for most men it's harder to attract a beautiful young lady as compared for a lady to find a men. There's been experiments on Tinder that indicate that most woman "fight" for maybe the top 20% of men and the rest are ignored. Men are open to meeting a larger group of woman. More info here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tinder-man-swipes-right-200-000-women-little-success-a7168056.html

Of course there could be many other reasons for people to divorce: substance abuse, physical abuse, financial issues, religious incapabilities, family issues, etc...

10 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

my point is nothing to do with why there is a divorce. it is about who divorces who. I have never met any woman or associated with any woman who admitted her husband divorced her, in Thailand, Philippines or China.

21 hours ago, rumak said:

For some reason you don't provide a translation. But anyway, would you not say 'khap'? 

If a Thai, I would prefer to hear 'chuay noi, khap'. 

{for non Thai-speakers it means can you help)

Edited by Speedhump