STV Preliminary Country List

Posting here because I didn't see it elsewhere on the forum.  This is from the Longstay Facebook page which is TLMcompany.  Note that it is what they "believe" and might well change; first Falang flight is apparently November 1st out of Copenhagen, to be preceded by a flight from Singapore.  That sort of implies the list is ordered but who knows.

1. Denmark
  2. Finland
  3. Norway
  4. Sweden
  5. The Netherlands
  6. Belgium
  7. Switzerland
  8. Austria

I was a bit surprised to see Austria on the list but Germany not, since the former isn't obviously doing better than the latter virus-wise, and Belgium is an odd choice as they're doing quite a bit worse according to what I see on Worldometers.  Given that Thai is (apparently) flying FRA BKK once a week in November I might guess that Germany will be on the second list.  But that's just wishful speculation on my part.

That pretty much covers the country of Scandinavia!  Also as has been noted elsewhere it seems there is a bank-balance requirement for STV.

2 hours ago, glegolo said:

Also as has been noted elsewhere it seems there is a bank-balance requirement for STV.

It will be interesting to see the reaction to this. How will a retiree living on a generous pension who takes a three month holiday to Thailand every winter but lacks a large bank balance pass this requirement?

Edited by Promula
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thaidude said:

This is so frustrating because I have been seperated since Feb from my fiancee due to these racist rules.

It's a question of capacity to quarantine.

It's not as simple as stating "there are plenty of empty hotels" 

Why do places such as Au have caps on numbers of Au citizens returning.

Look at what happened in Melbourne. 

Thai have put in place conditions that can control numbers entering.

A friend of mine who is French and married to a Thai lady, would like to know if he can get a marriage visa in France and fly back to Thailand ( he knows all the conditions ) even tho France is a high risk country at the moment ?. He’s tried the Embassy but hasn’t had a reply.

3 hours ago, geisha said:

A friend of mine who is French and married to a Thai lady, would like to know if he can get a marriage visa in France and fly back to Thailand ( he knows all the conditions ) even tho France is a high risk country at the moment ?. He’s tried the Embassy but hasn’t had a reply.

He should be able to apply for a Non-Imm-O Visa which can be extended in Thailand based on marriage.

4 hours ago, geisha said:

The only visa that cannot be applied for based upon a countries infection rate is the Special Tourist Visa.

Info for doing the application for a Certificate of Entry is here on the embassy website.

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/reglementprise-de-rdv/

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2020 at 6:26 AM, FalangTingTong said:

Posting here because I didn't see it elsewhere on the forum.  This is from the Longstay Facebook page which is TLMcompany.  Note that it is what they "believe" and might well change; first Falang flight is apparently November 1st out of Copenhagen, to be preceded by a flight from Singapore.  That sort of implies the list is ordered but who knows.

1. Denmark
  2. Finland
  3. Norway
  4. Sweden
  5. The Netherlands
  6. Belgium
  7. Switzerland
  8. Austria

I was a bit surprised to see Austria on the list but Germany not, since the former isn't obviously doing better than the latter virus-wise, and Belgium is an odd choice as they're doing quite a bit worse according to what I see on Worldometers.  Given that Thai is (apparently) flying FRA BKK once a week in November I might guess that Germany will be on the second list.  But that's just wishful speculation on my part.

That pretty much covers the country of Scandinavia!  Also as has been noted elsewhere it seems there is a bank-balance requirement for STV.

So, where is that planeload of Danes ? Maybe they are in lockdown with the mink ?