roll down fly screens - do they exist in Thailand?

Has anyone ever seen any roll down mosquito nets for windows and doors. Ive got nice hardwood windows and I find the standard mosquito nets do two things 1)completely ruin the appearance of the window and 2) obstruct the view the window gives as mosquito nets are only semi transparent.

Ive considered making custom wooden framed mosquito nets but that still doesnt solve the obstructing the view problem.

What im really looking for is some roll down mosquito nets, like a window blind would function, but the only ones ive seen are part of some other plastic/alumninum window system which i have no interest in installing.

Anyone seen anything or have any ideas?

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Decent stainless steel bug-screen is readily available, and visibility is not bad.

Go buy a couple meters and just tack/tape/screw it up outside a window for a few days and see what you think. If you think it's okay, If so, either build or have built custom frames and install them on he outside of the windows.

What I hate about the pre-fab windows sold here is that they all have the screens on the inside which seems silly to me. You have to open the screen to open or close the window letting in all the bugs. Also, with the screen on the outside, you can hose them off when they get dirty. 

Not quite sure how you hang them on the outside, don't your windows also open on the outside?

my wife bought a few of these  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/esogoal-screen-door-with-heavy-duty-mesh-curtain-full-frame-velcro-mosquito-door-curtain-90-x-210cm35-x-83-i190178523-s334293892.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.44.12d05d7dFrEWnT&search=1

this is for the door   BUT  she turned these sideways and used them on the inside ot the house ..  cheaper prices in lazada .. colors also ..

On 10/6/2020 at 2:04 AM, ifmu said:

my wife bought a few of these  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/esogoal-screen-door-with-heavy-duty-mesh-curtain-full-frame-velcro-mosquito-door-curtain-90-x-210cm35-x-83-i190178523-s334293892.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.44.12d05d7dFrEWnT&search=1

this is for the door   BUT  she turned these sideways and used them on the inside ot the house ..  cheaper prices in lazada .. colors also ..

thanks, they are interesting

On 10/6/2020 at 2:04 AM, ifmu said:

Those magnetic screens are amazing.

You just walk through them, don't even have to put your hand up to part them and they close and snap back onto the little magnets instantly.

Don't know how durable they are but while they last they work well :thumbsup: 

We had them fitted in our house 10 years ago.  Out of about 15 or so, including ones for our big double doors, only a few are not working.  Sadly, the company who did them in Bangkok is out of business.  But they are great and look much better than the fixed screens.  We love them.