Pandanus Bistro On Sathorn Soi 1 Is Not Honest

farangene

Thanks for explaining all that.

It is too bad that almost every customer thinks that the service charge is indeed a gratuity, so the workers in places with service charges usually end up not getting one. They really do get screwed a lot of the time. :)

A service charge, whatever the percentage, and VAT should be plainly written on the menu. I indeed would challenge it if not stated. I would go so far as to speak to the manager.

• 11 months later...

I noticed this thread had begun some time ago but I feel bad to leave it with the negatives regarding that I am a friend of the owner of Pandanus and that I know she had been frustrated with the sophisticated billing system she uses.

Not to give any excuses for the double charge on service on top of the VAT, up until last week the owner had discovered many flaws with the expensive reservation/accounting program she adopted with the recommendation from her IT councilor.

Given that the hardware had been invested with all the computers, the wiring, domain registration and all the software license that ties the restaurant in longterm, it is challenging to fix things especially given that the supplier had took the money and left.

So just to clarify things, I know there is no way the owner would do something tricky to her customers given that she had invested everything in her restaurant and if you notice every single part of the restaurant has been done with attention to details and with her heart. If the accounting system, which is not her specialty, does some tricky number methods that makes it unfair, I would have to defend that the owner is unaware of it and I will personally make sure that this post does reach her and I know things will get fixed.

So please look on some of the positives, the owner which is a chef from the US, had done some great deals in bringing the best food quality and environment to her customers.

Please come back and enjoy the delicious menu that frequently changes and the romantic atmosphere that becomes lively and fun on the 2nd floor each night.

P.S. I'm not in anyway associated with the management of Pandanus .... just a regular there who loves the food, the environment and the sophisticated crowd.

Cheers!

I've eaten there nearly 20 times, it's nice place with high quality food.

When you can get a meal for 2 with deserts for less than b1000 why even bother looking at the bill? Throw in a bottle of house wine and it would still comes in at less than b2000...

The clown who said the food at that moon house round the corner is on par with it must be living in a dream world. Moon house is a guest house frequented by people who don't want to pay more than b100 a head. Nice food, not exactly high quality though.